Amazon Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks I received a response. The first interview is a phone interview. The recruiter also emailed a series of general questions. Amazon has contacted me before for other jobs, just by being in their database, but this time they were rude.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty general, there's nothing difficult to add...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2016.

Interview

Online application. Then bunch of interviews. I cleared two . I guess I need to read more about basics :)

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the team lead. He asked general java concept questions as well as what would you do in the scenario questions. What would you do if you found someone was scrubbing our servers? What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class? There were other questions about my background and how it applies.

Interview Questions

• How would you print out all odd numbers 1-100?
      Write a method that takes a number and returns true/false if a number is a prime number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

interview was lasted 40 mins. strted with basic programming things.
    And tht led our conversation onto more technical as i have to design 2 codes. 1st was kinda intresting and 2nd was challenging but i did well :)

Interview Questions

• Design an application over the phone interview.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Was good. Two technical interview. One is system test.System test was more of logical than technical. The second technical round had more in depth questions. Later an HR round for salary discussion.

Interview Questions

• Indepth questions on data structures were asked   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

1 Hour Telephone Technical interview.
    1 Hour coding test.

I guess there would have been a longer process but I did not get beyond this stage.
    I did not get the coding challenge done: serialize and desterilize a tree to a file done.

Overall it sounds like a great place to work, would say I am disappointed I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions about Amazon
      2. General questions about a project you were proud of.
      3. General questions about a time where you failed.
      4. Quite a few technical questions   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

30 min interview followed by 3 hr test that involved a b-tree. Basically when they give you a hint, research everything about that and use the highest level language unless you're really fast. Afterwards is 2 days on a whiteboard which is a lot honestly, kind of ridiculous considering what I hear about their culture.

Interview Questions

• Implement b-tree and do some algorithms in 3 hrs   1 Answer