Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.7

198 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Wilmington, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online by submitting resume and completing a skills-scenario test. Received an e-mail within a couple days asking me to schedule a time to attend a live online slideshow presentation. It's not a video call, and I didn't talk at all (automatically muted). There is a Q&A opportunity at the end via web chat. That evening, I received an e-mail asking me to approve a background check... a few days later I received an offer letter, a link to documents I needed to sign, along with instructions on setting up an i9 appointment locally. After attending the i9 appointment, I received an e-mail directing me to select a work schedule. Training is two weeks long, they set the time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

1. made my account at Amazon Jobs website
    2. Apply profile and resume
    3. took 30 mins assessments
    4. scheduled Phone Interview
    5. received Conference Pin#
    6. Called Amazon and press the pin# and started Phone interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Pensacola, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Received an email to take an assignment. 2 weeks later I received an email to attend a virtual hiring event. At the event we were told no interview was needed and we were being hired.

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Kennewick, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Simple computer test, involving basic internet search capabilities as well as word processing ability, which was very basic. Was then interviewed by two different HR representatives. Very basic interview questions etc.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you want to be and why? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you like about Amazon's products and services?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There may have been an oversight, maybe they were desperate or I was really qualified but I was never interviewed for the position. As a college student, I have no connections within Amazon. After the online interview. 3 weeks later, I received a contingent hire for an online customer experience program. It stated I needed to do a drug test and prove legal status to work. I submitted my documents at a local tax center they directed me to, I was told the drug test wasn't necessary because I looked perfectly normal. Then a week later I started training. Easiest job I ever received, yet some people who I applied with went through an interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I found the advertisement online, I put in my application online, within a couple days I received an email and was immediately offered a contingent hiring letter and skipped the formal interview process. I was sent a few emails with details explaining the paperwork and requirements to be offered employment. I filled out paperwork and submitted it, the company ran a background check, I received the results and the offer and was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a quiet home office setting?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a blast class hire with a short film and some information about the company. I found that I would start at the Amazon off Western Center instead of Haslet. I did the drug test on the spot, back ground check was completed and I drove to Lewisville for my I-9 paperwork. I started this process in early November, received a "congratulations" email but yet my status is stuck at "pending shift". I figured it would take a couple of weeks but it's been over a month now. As of yet, I have not received an orientation/hire date.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Albany, OR).

Interview

Amazon uses Targeted Selection® behavioral interviewing technique. and the STAR method. They sent an email with a link that evaluates your computer to make sure it measures up to the standards. As you use your personal computer for the job. They also send you a pre evaluation you complete on the computer. Then if your computer is up to standards and you pass the pre eval then you will get a phone interview. If that goes well they will hire you with no face to face interview since you are working from home.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Mine was all done online, since it is for work at home Customer Service Agent, so I haven't spoken to anyone personally. You have to do timed assessments and a personality test and I did a typing test then a check of my computer system and internet speeds.

It took about 4-6 weeks from applying until I got an offer letter.

I did have to go to a local college to get my I-9 paperwork filled out and sent to them.

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Remote, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview consists of online test, no in person interview process required. All interview steps are processed online through sample scenarios and how you would respond to online queries. Easy process overall to complete.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions, online test and sample scenarios are given to see how you will respond to queries.   1 Answer