Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There may have been an oversight, maybe they were desperate or I was really qualified but I was never interviewed for the position. As a college student, I have no connections within Amazon. After the online interview. 3 weeks later, I received a contingent hire for an online customer experience program. It stated I needed to do a drug test and prove legal status to work. I submitted my documents at a local tax center they directed me to, I was told the drug test wasn't necessary because I looked perfectly normal. Then a week later I started training. Easiest job I ever received, yet some people who I applied with went through an interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I found the advertisement online, I put in my application online, within a couple days I received an email and was immediately offered a contingent hiring letter and skipped the formal interview process. I was sent a few emails with details explaining the paperwork and requirements to be offered employment. I filled out paperwork and submitted it, the company ran a background check, I received the results and the offer and was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a quiet home office setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a blast class hire with a short film and some information about the company. I found that I would start at the Amazon off Western Center instead of Haslet. I did the drug test on the spot, back ground check was completed and I drove to Lewisville for my I-9 paperwork. I started this process in early November, received a "congratulations" email but yet my status is stuck at "pending shift". I figured it would take a couple of weeks but it's been over a month now. As of yet, I have not received an orientation/hire date.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Albany, OR).

Interview

Amazon uses Targeted Selection® behavioral interviewing technique. and the STAR method. They sent an email with a link that evaluates your computer to make sure it measures up to the standards. As you use your personal computer for the job. They also send you a pre evaluation you complete on the computer. Then if your computer is up to standards and you pass the pre eval then you will get a phone interview. If that goes well they will hire you with no face to face interview since you are working from home.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Mine was all done online, since it is for work at home Customer Service Agent, so I haven't spoken to anyone personally. You have to do timed assessments and a personality test and I did a typing test then a check of my computer system and internet speeds.

It took about 4-6 weeks from applying until I got an offer letter.

I did have to go to a local college to get my I-9 paperwork filled out and sent to them.

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Remote, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview consists of online test, no in person interview process required. All interview steps are processed online through sample scenarios and how you would respond to online queries. Easy process overall to complete.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions, online test and sample scenarios are given to see how you will respond to queries.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2016.

Interview

It was all online, so pretty easy. I filled out an application and they got back to me within a week. There's a personality survey, which is pretty standard. They also have you do a customer service test to see if you would like the job or be good at it. It is timed as well, so keep that in mind. Overall very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I came dressed up then when you get in there people are dressed in basketball short Female with pj on a mess never been to a job like a mess

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the seasonal job in AZ and in four weeks I received my offer. I applied online and did all my assessments online. I have a appointment scheduled for a hiring event. I begin work at the end of the month and the entire process took about 6 weeks. I do have to upgarde my internet and add equipment to my laptop to basically make it like a desktop computer all at my own expense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Huntington, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

First off, the "Interview Process" is easy because there isn't a interview! If you pass the online application process (which anyone could), you're in. I walked in prepped for a interview.. and was greeted with 45+ other job seekers ranging from those who have never used a computer, several individuals wearing clothing with stains and holes and a teenager wearing marijuana T-Shirt who said his mother was forcing him to get a job and all of these people were given a job automatically. There is absolutely no filter when it comes to who gets a job at a Amazon Call Center. I'm not even sure if my resume or experience mattered. Quantity > Quality.

We walked into a room, listened to a spokesperson of the call center talk about how they disliked yoga pants and talk about how the local area is "boring". The employees who gave the presentation had the giggles as if the entire thing was a joke. This "presentation" dragged on for two hours. A few individuals in the crowd tried asking questions about benefits and actual job-related questions only to be told to ask again on a later time.The group received a tour of the building, received a work schedule (without even asking us if we were still interested) and badge photos were taken. No drug tests were given. One individual was peeved at the process and left during the tour. The tour guide didn't even notice (or maybe care.)

This was my first impression and last impression of the local Amazon Call Center. I immediately withdrew my application. The whole thing felt like a joke and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• There was no questions asked.   1 Answer

The whole process felt like a joke to the employees. Sorry but I want to work for a company that doesn't treat job seekers like a joke.