Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Phone screen done by a recruiter then an on-site interview with four leaders. During the on-site you will take a situational math question that is ratio based. After that you will do up to four individual interviews using Amazons leadership principles. The questions need to be answered using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision that was going to have a significant impact on the business.   6 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in July 2020.

Interview

You need to know the 14 Leadership Principles inside and out. If they are not resonating with you and you are struggling to find examples to support proficiency in each one, you might want to bow out. Phone screen consisted of a "softball" of what is to come. Be prepared to ask questions when the opportunity is given. Answer everything in the STAR format. This makes it a lot easier for the interviewer to enter the required notes.....stay on their good side by not screwing this part up.
    I had a math portion on the phone screen to demonstrate that I can work through sceduling needs. You can find examples on the internet.

If you make it past the phone screen, the next step is the loop interview. I had 4 different people and mine was done virtually using the Chime platform. Worked good. You start of with a similar math test like on the phone interview. You also have to prepare a written question answer in advance of the day you are live to demonstrate your writing style. Your first live loop interview gets into more math challenges and the writing example. You will be given time to ask questions. Use it.
    Then I had three more loop interviews. One person was from HR. All were professional and easy to talk to. Stick to that STAR format!!!

My advice would be to spend hours preparing and make notes. Have plenty of questions on hand to ask. Show them how interested you are by asking thoughtful questions.

The recruiters will give you material to study. Use it. I was also given the opportunity to join a prep call. Do that!!! They want you to succeed, so let them help you.

Interview Questions

• All behaviour based questions...."tell me about a time......"   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2020.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter same day I applied. Set up a phone interview with a regional manager even though they were out of the country. The first phone interview with the manager was so horrible, we almost got into an argument. He kept interrupting me, and somehow wouldn't believe what I was saying. I was surprised i moved on to the next round. Had the math flow question, then three more interviews. Math flow individual, HR, Sr.Ops manager,and the site leader. I was offered an area manager position (which is one level below what i interviewed for). I declined.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time - all of them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Burlington, NJ) in July 2020.

Interview

Very structured. Quick and to the point. They provide clean vision of what to expect each step of the way and communication is timely. They help prepare you for each type of interview so you know what to expect and can be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you had a strict deadline. What did you do?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

It is a thorough process, with clear communication around what to expect. Everyone was very helpful. There was an initial phone screening and then multiple one on one virtual interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2020.

Interview

Recruiter email followed up with a phone interview - 45 min. I had to reach out to them to get the interview schedule since they were having some kind of problem on their end. The phone interview consisted of a situational format with a basic math quiz. I'm really not sure what happened. They were very strange with the feedback and I was not able to make contact with them to get any more information.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Memphis, TN) in May 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn and suggested that I would be good candidate for operations manager position. So I applied and let the recruiter know I applied. I was instantly scheduled for a call interview within week.

The initial call interview was very informal. The recruiter, who I was talking to and different from the initial recruiter, was actually a former operations manager. So it was good to talk to someone who understood what qualities wee needed for the position. The recruiter asked me some skill based questions and one math flow question. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Please make sure to answer in the STAR method when answering the questions.

After the interview I got an email that Amazon wanted to do a CHIME (virtual) interview due to the Covid 19. The interview was 2 part math flow question that had some overtime included with it and a writing assignment. Then after the math flow question, I had 4 - 45 min interviews with the Site Leader, Human Resource representative, an off-site operations manager, and one of the Senior Operations Manager. Each interviewer was warm and welcoming. Put me right at ease throughout the process. Again it is important to answer all questions in STAR form.

After the CHIME (virtual) interview, a different recruiter reached out to me to tell me the results. It was stated that the interview panel enjoyed talking to me and wanted to move to the next step of me providing information needed to make a formal offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you failed as a manager.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had an employee who was not meeting expectations.   2 Answers
    • Tell me of a time when you suggested new business for the company.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you helped a customer with meet its needs   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2020.

Interview

Contacted via email by internal recruiter, personality and simple math tests in application stage and prior to phone interview. Two separate recruiters contacted me. Phone interview lasted about an hour, additional math test during phone interview. Recruiters provided great information about the company and interview. Interview seemed to go well but ultimately did not receive an offer. A lot of time spent on interview/application process for no offer. Interviewer was in different state and did not know a lot about position or location he was interviewing for, a lot of canned corporate lingo. How can this person evaluate a position he doesn't know about?

Interview Questions

• Determination of headcount based on given factors that needed to be calculated   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an email from the recruiter. I had a phone screen from a Operations manager and the manager asked me 6 questions and a math problem. I was not prepared for the math problem.

Interview Questions

• How much time do you spend on the production floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2020.

Interview

Organized and aligned to evaluating a candidates ability to think and respond with details. Thoughtful about the number of questions and demand a candidate needed to have in this phase of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you or do motivate and earn the trust of your team members?   3 Answers