Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.4

Operation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview with an HR personnel - 30 min interview mainly; questions: tell me about yourself, how do you motivate employees.
Phone interview with the site managers / Operation Leaders - all situational questions - learn the leadership principles and be ready with examples that would demonstrate how you are applying them at work. This is very important for Amazon, it is more important to have the culture fit than years of experience.
Example of questions: tell me about a time when you got your employees engaged, most recent failure, responsible for performance of non-direct employees, time when you exceed expectations, example for bias for action, deep dive analysis on data, example of a metric that identified need for a change, etc.
You would then be invited to an on-site interview where you would have 4-5 back to back interviews (45 min each) with direct manager, colleague, cross-functional colleague (for example quality or finance), HR personnel (who would mainly ask team management questions). They ask different questions still all around situational and behavioral questions that would demonstrate the leadership principles.

It is important to prepare questions to ask the interviewees - these need to be smart, and indicate that you have done your homework and understand the job and what it requires. Have questions for each of the interviewee (max 3 questions), make sure they are different and relate to the person you are interviewing with. For example, ask about what are the measures for success for this role, what are the challenges they are facing, etc.

You would be asked to submit before the on-site interview a written interview (a simple question that you would need to answer in 3-4 pages)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were bias for action (At the time I did not go through the leadership principles thoroughly and I didn't understand what he meant)   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (North Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Senior Operation Manager! He was very relatable and open minded.
    He gave a great description of his background and he also shared his perspective on Amazon culture which was very enlightening!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt your team was not moving to action quickly enough. What did you do?   3 Answers

Operation Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was not difficult but the manager who interviewed is big on managerial/supervisory question. I didn't have a lot experience doing supervisory tasks. My experience is handling/managing operation and working with a team and not as a direct manager. Math question is easy, same question posted here.

Interview Questions

• How do you promote people? What is a leader?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2018.

Interview

Amazon is not "Bias for Action" I was referred by an employee in late July and did a phone screen August 3rd. I accomplished an hour-long phone interview on August 14th and received an email the next day stating that I was selected to attend an in-person interview. It would be around 2-8 weeks later. After 5 weeks, I heard nothing and reached out. They had overbooked the interviews at the FC and scheduled me for October 23rd. A recruiter told me the week before the interview that Amazon had a hiring freeze for the rest of the year and they could schedule me for another interview on November 14th.....in another state for another role. They ghosted me and I've never heard from them again. I've moved on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult strategic vision that you had to implement and work to completion and how you did so.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying I received an email with a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told to come to NY to have a 1:1 interview. The interview was with two senior operations manager and two General managers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

4 interviews back to back, 45 minutes each with 4 different people. The interview was online. Different managers from different regions interviewed me. The interview was mainly concentrating on previous work experience and the skills that were developed over there. Situational analysis and tell me a time about ----

Interview Questions

• Situational analysis of a situation that you experienced in your previous employment   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Antonio, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

Three different senerio questions by theee different people. The whole process took about 3 hours. Hard to find the building but people were nice. Would recommend everyone try the process

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for amazon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process took 10 weeks from my application to the job offer. Other than waiting weeks between each step of the process it was very simple. The final interview was intensive but good

Interview Questions

• They use the STAR interviewing questioning format, "tell me about a time when you had to coach a difficult employee   3 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2018.

Interview

Process was very thorough. Behavioral based questions. I was very impressed with interviewers. They were inspiring and knowledgeable. The interview was also accompanied by a site tour which showed the operation of the facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Allentown, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a three part interview. I had a phone interview first very easy. Than they flow me up for a in person interview. I had to interview with three different people. The process took a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle staff calling out?   1 Answer