Amazon Oracle Programmer/Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Oracle Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was from March end till April end .. almost a month
I received email from one of the recruitor out of blue stating they would like to interview me for oracle programmer position. I hesitated and didnt reply. After 2 days I received call from them stating the same so I apologised and sent them response.
First telephonic interview: It was set almost a week after and the interviewer was hiring manager. He talked about the current opening and discussed on my experience. It went well and he mentioned HR will contact you for next round.
Second telephonic interview: It was set after 5 days and the interviewer was from development team. She discussed about the oracle projects in amazon. Questions were related to programming and debugging skills, customer based scenarios, and generic questions. I could answer confidently and was sure to receive call for next round.

After almost a week, I received email from the HR stating they would like to invite me for onsite interview ans interview was set for next week tuesday.

Onsite interview: Started at 11 am till 3:20 pm
I was tensed so couldnt sleep properly at night. I got up around 8, got ready, had my breakfast and started from my home at 9 am. I reached amazon location at 10 am, almost a hour earlier so I went to starbucks had coffee and read some magazine. At 11 am, interviewer (who took my second telephonic interview) escorted me into a conference room.
Interview 1: Oracle developer - Questions were mostly related to technical skills and few customer related questions.
After that I met a HR, who explained me about pay structure and mentioned after rest of the interviews.
Interview 2: Manager - He asked me interesting questions about my experience and functional flow. Finally he asked me a brain teaser which I realized after few moments. Teaser tested my analytical skill . I could come up with the result on board but couldn't conclude. It was good experience.
Interview 3: Hiring manager - He took me for lunch to their cafeteria, we carried our lunch back to the conference room. He continuously asked me questions for which I mostly used board.
Interview 4: Non-Oracle Amazonian - It was pleasant interview, most of the questions were around principles of amazon. I didnt prepare much but answered each question with confidence and recollecting my experiences.
Interview 5: DBA - Questions were mostly related to database performance and query building. He was pleasant and explained the unanswered questions.

Overall, I had answered all the questions with confidently and frankly. I couldnt answer 1 or 2 questions per interview but I was satisfied with my interview. I advice you to refresh basics and your skills, be frank, confident, cheerful and prove that you have the caliber.

I received call and email from amazon hr after 3 days with the offer details. I accepted the offer on monday without any negotiations since the offer was good for me. Late I had issues with my visa, but they took care of it and gave me new offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as offer was good for me.