Amazon Software/Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software/Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

They contacted me through linked in, i did the interview in September 2017, it was over the phone and they asked me 2 algorithm questions , the interviewer was very nice and helpful

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

First work there as a contract. In order to work as contract there, first go through phone screen interview, after that, there is three round technical interview. After that you become a contractor there. Two months late, go through full time employee interview procedure.

Interview Questions

• Design an automation test framework for end to end user case testing   Answer Question

Software/Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer called on time. It took about half an hour. The questions were about basic data structures/ algorithms questions. Some of the topics we talked about was:
    Sorting algorithms.
    fibionacci sequence
    Decimal to binary conversation.

The interviewer asked Big O notation for all the algorithms that I told him. There was a question I couldn't hear. I asked him can he ask the question again but he skipped the question.

He asked how to improve the algorithms you are talking about.

Interview Questions

• how to get the most significant bit from a byte?   3 Answers

Software Engineer/Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Three phone screens, with roughly an hour of technical questions for each one. About 3 weeks between each interview and response.

Questions covered data structures, object oriented design, Java specifics, graph theory, and system design.

3 weeks after my last phone screen I received an email that I was not being selected to continue. I was told to reapply in 6 months. After asking for feedback, I was told Amazon does not give feedback.

Overall I was very displeased with how long the process took.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a breadth-first search and a depth-first search?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

First interviewer called, about 10 minutes late. Seemed quite rude to me. When I asked what is this role, he said writing software that's all, nothing more. Asked me why I am interested in Amazon. I said great place to work... his counter was where did you hear that...etc... I was surprised 'coz I read before Amazon interview process is quite professional, I guess this was just an exception...

Asked me difference between hash and binary tree...some questions from hashing, which one to use when. Asked me to code to find out whether two binary trees have the same structure (e.g. same right subtrees and same left sub trees by structure, not necessarily by value). I gave him a recursive answer, although I was not convinced, he seemed satisfied. Anyway. Asked me to send the code. He also asked me the challenging project I worked recently. When I gave some details (which I did during my Dell days) he said he won't be interested about the detail!!!

In the second round, another guy called. Asked me some question from Resume and gave me a prime number code. I did write the code, he apparently scrutinizing every step. That was it.

Did not get a call for the onsite.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The good things
    Its an environment where you choose to fail or succeed. It's a company that gives you a lot trust to make sales that can make you good money

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

there was a round 1,2,3,and 4.round 1 had coding and apti questions and then the technical interview with 3 HRs.perepare to answer the apti ni the time given.simple coding questions

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

There was 1 written test followed by 3 technical rounds which was taken by the peer,hiring manager and the manager of hiring manager. The written test was done on 1 day and all 3 rounds of interview happened on another day.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2010.

Interview

I was asked two questions in the phone interview. The interview was pretty easy. I did not get an offer because I needed visa sponsorship and could start work only in October