Amazon Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied Online and received an interview request in a week, scheduled a phone interview the next week.
Consisted of two 45 minutes phone interviews, the first one was purely technical with questions related to Data Structures, Algorithms, Coding- there were 3 coding questions where we are supposed to write code on paper and read it aloud, the second was mostly HR type questions about projects and experiences and 1 coding question.
Interviewers are mostly looking for your though process, give the first answer u can come up with and then start building on it ( on the basis of time complexities, memory etc )

Interview Questions

• How would you count the number of words in a string consisting of uneven number of spaces between words( not dictionary words)? With and without library functions.   4 Answers
  • What is polymorphism? How do you implement polymorphism in C?   1 Answer
  • Write a function to determine if a Binary tree is a BST.   1 Answer
  • Numbers from 1-100 are stored in an array but one number is missing find the missing number? Minimum time complexity and memory   3 Answers
  • Given two arrays one with expected numbers and other with actual numbers determine which number is missing in the actual array   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews. The process is smooth.

The first interviewer called me 10 minutes late. His Indian accent made me barely understand his question. He asked me 2 questions. The first one is about to print a tree level by level and the second one is about basic understanding of OOP.

The second interviewer asked questions about Java including sorting and searching.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree level by level   1 Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

applied online, received email from recruiter to set up 2 45 minute phone interviews. talked with two current software engineers, both very friendly and made you feel comfortable. pretty basic algorithms questions.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2013.

Interview

For the first 45 minutes phone interview, the guy asked me some basic questions, like hash table, bitwise, fibonacci, and heap sort.

Interview Questions

• For the second 45 minutes phone interview, the interviewer asked a question about memory chunk.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

There are two phone call interview.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2014.

Interview

I talked to a company representative at my school's career fair, and handed in my application. I heard back from Amazon about four weeks later saying I had been selected for interview. There were two 45 minute interviews both with all technical questions. There was nothing asked about my previous work experience/project experience. The decision was made about three days later. Both of my interviewers were very nice and very informative.

Interview Questions

• There were questions on Binary search trees, hash maps/tables/functions, complexity, recursion and other data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Interview

They conducted a two part phone interview. Both people I talked to were very courteous and helpful throughout the interview. A lot of questions regarding code efficiency and abstract data types. The first phone interview were simple questions like what is a BST and how they work and computational complexity etc. The second phone interview was much more indepth and focused more on practical coding.

Interview Questions

• How to design an efficient parking system for a parking garage   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2018.

Interview

After submitting resume through online portal, got a phone interview with hr, then there's two rounds of online problem solving, roughly 1hr each, followed by one on one problem solving with engineer for ~1hr.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was interesting, they asked me to apply online and after uploding the resume the process took 3+ weeks to get back. Received an email which would ask you to appear for an online assessment test which includes 6 coding questions and 24 aptitude test questions which are simple and anyone having a basic knowledge can easily crack it, not that tough.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Many of us from my college who applied were invited to the local office to take an assessment. There were three parts to the assessment: a set of brain teaser puzzle problems, a behavioral survey, and a technical section with 2 programming problems. Each section had a specified amount of time given to complete it. After this, I was contacted to go to the next round, which was a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of speaking with an Amazon SDE and coding via a shared text editor.

Interview Questions

• One of the technical questions was essentially the two sum leetcode problem.   Answer Question