Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2018

3.1

Software Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me initially, had a technical phone interview with an engineer followed by an onsite. Things went smoothly and folks were friendly. Glad I got another offer as I heard this was an extremely hectic and hostile environment with high turnover rate. The behavioral questions easily gave that away.

Interview Questions

• Quite a few behavioral questions to test if you can handle an extremely hectic and hostile work environment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

contacted through linkedin, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 on site (7 hours with 45min interview each hour), then offer sent within 3 days. The whole process is pretty fast. Then goes salary negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews. Followed by onsite interview. Prepare data structures thoroughly - heaps, trees, linkedlists. Get your string manipulations done too. They test out your problem solving technique. Besides whiteboard coding, they also asked about modeling an airport. One of the interviewers was more intent on stalling and interrupting me than listening to my solution. That was the only harrowing part of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in November 2015.

Interview

First round is a technical phone screen with a guy who is very arrogant. The guy has a strong accent. I work with ppl from all over the world (Scotland, India, Russia) very well with no problem understanding them, but I have to try hard to understand this guy's accent and beg for repeat quite a few times, and he seems a little offended. I was given a coding question to solve on an online collaborating website. I solved it quickly, but when I explain the code to him, he couldn't understand. I tried explain to him using test data to go through the code, but he kept interrupting me and saying he didn't understand. I've never felt being tired talking before in my life. Then he let me put my code in IDE and test(I wrote in java) and he would do the same thing on his end. I felt relieved honestly cause we don't need to talk for a moment. At last I think he saw my code gave the correct output, because he didn't tangle on this problem any more, but jumped to the next question, after a long silence. After two days I got the reject email.

Interview Questions

• Given a string print all permutations and some other basic knowledge questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Technical phone screen followed by an onsite interview.

Before you even proceed with the interview process, make sure you read the Glassdoor reviews of the company - they are spot on! I had the most unpleasant onsite interview experience at Amazon Lab126.

The HR coordinator had scheduled 6 interview slots with 7 interviewers, 30min each. 3 of the slots involved coding questions, 2 emphasized on project management, behavioral questions, etc., and the last session was more of a next steps overview with HR.
    The first person I got to interview with was awkward and unprofessional. First, he was hesitant to shake my hand when I introduced myself. He gave me a coding question which I started solving by brute-forcing it first, and after 5 minutes into it he became annoyed, and ended the coding session; asked another question and left the room 7 min early, leaving me to wait by myself in the interview room (interviewers are supposed to wait for the next interviewer to come in before they leave). You can only image how motivated I was to proceed with the interview process after that.

In another session, I was scheduled to speak with two interviewers - one of them was not even interested in speaking with me, and would type on their computer during the whole session - I guess it was too much for the other guy to interview me and record notes at the same time so they needed a second person in there.

My lunch break was awkward as well since they paired me with some employee who was not even on the team I was interviewing for. I tried to make small talk and learn more about the work, and company culture, but the employee seemed to lack both ambition, and interest in their own work.
    There were a couple of decent, genuine people who I interviewed with that day, and they both struggled to give me good answers to the question "What is the best thing about working at Amazon Lab126?" Their answers concluded with the "it is a good stepping stone" - what most of the Glassdoor reviews read.

The last straw for me was the final interview session with the HR. The individual was the coldest, unfriendly HR employee I had ever met. Everything they talked about ended with emphasizing how grateful one should be about working at amazon (I was already working at a 500 fortune company). The funny part was when they concluded with the great perk of getting 10% off of any amazon device (that's like what, $10 off?)

Amazon Lab126 also seems to lack diversity; if you're not Indian, you will stick out like a sore thumb.

It was a waste of my time and energy; would not recommend.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Phone interview after initial call from recruiter. Phone interview was supposed to be for 45 minutes but went on for 1 hour and 45 minutes with an hour of technical discussion. I did the interview extremely well, only to get rejected in 2 days. No idea what happened internally that caused them to not move forward with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process took 4 weeks. The recruiters were very prompt. They gave me feedback in 5 days after phone interview, and an oral offer in 5 days after onsite interview. Onsite interview consists of 5 technical rounds, with your hiring manager and team colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question about Amazon's Leadership principles. Every interviewer will ask you a question about one of their principles and how you applied it in your previous working experience.   Answer Question
    • Technical questions are fairly easy. Just some basic algorithm questions which you can find everywhere.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview by asking a coding problem which is to find the shortest path of two points in a tree.
    For the onsite interview
    first round Top k problem and implement a heap
    second round design a LFU
    third round copy a linkedlist, copy a linkedlist with random pointer and copy a graph
    forth round implement a queue and joseph problem
    fifth round level traverse a tree by fibonacci order

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got the phone interview pretty fast. After about 1 week got the onsite interview. There were 6 rounds of interviews. All related to algorithms. Mostly Easy/Medium on LeetCode.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

got a call from a recruiter on LinkedIn.
    had a telephonic interview (cleared it)
    onsite for 5-6 hours
    after phone interview they said that the position is filled so the recruiter got a 2nd opening and bring me onsite where i had 7-8 people to deal withl

Interview Questions

• explain overloading vs overriding, why Amazon, your weakness, which car do you have, where do you live, do you have family here, sort array using o(n), write test cases for a product

all of the interviewers were Rajnikanth(a person like Chuck Norris in India). they speak same language but i did not so they rejected me. they try to ask interview question in tamil to see if i speak rajnikanth's language.....   Answer Question