Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

3.1

Software Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me initially, had a technical phone interview with an engineer followed by an onsite. Things went smoothly and folks were friendly. Glad I got another offer as I heard this was an extremely hectic and hostile environment with high turnover rate. The behavioral questions easily gave that away.

Interview Questions

• Quite a few behavioral questions to test if you can handle an extremely hectic and hostile work environment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

contacted through linkedin, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 on site (7 hours with 45min interview each hour), then offer sent within 3 days. The whole process is pretty fast. Then goes salary negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews. Followed by onsite interview. Prepare data structures thoroughly - heaps, trees, linkedlists. Get your string manipulations done too. They test out your problem solving technique. Besides whiteboard coding, they also asked about modeling an airport. One of the interviewers was more intent on stalling and interrupting me than listening to my solution. That was the only harrowing part of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in November 2015.

Interview

First round is a technical phone screen with a guy who is very arrogant. The guy has a strong accent. I work with ppl from all over the world (Scotland, India, Russia) very well with no problem understanding them, but I have to try hard to understand this guy's accent and beg for repeat quite a few times, and he seems a little offended. I was given a coding question to solve on an online collaborating website. I solved it quickly, but when I explain the code to him, he couldn't understand. I tried explain to him using test data to go through the code, but he kept interrupting me and saying he didn't understand. I've never felt being tired talking before in my life. Then he let me put my code in IDE and test(I wrote in java) and he would do the same thing on his end. I felt relieved honestly cause we don't need to talk for a moment. At last I think he saw my code gave the correct output, because he didn't tangle on this problem any more, but jumped to the next question, after a long silence. After two days I got the reject email.

Interview Questions

• Given a string print all permutations and some other basic knowledge questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Phone interview after initial call from recruiter. Phone interview was supposed to be for 45 minutes but went on for 1 hour and 45 minutes with an hour of technical discussion. I did the interview extremely well, only to get rejected in 2 days. No idea what happened internally that caused them to not move forward with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process took 4 weeks. The recruiters were very prompt. They gave me feedback in 5 days after phone interview, and an oral offer in 5 days after onsite interview. Onsite interview consists of 5 technical rounds, with your hiring manager and team colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question about Amazon's Leadership principles. Every interviewer will ask you a question about one of their principles and how you applied it in your previous working experience.   Answer Question
    • Technical questions are fairly easy. Just some basic algorithm questions which you can find everywhere.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview by asking a coding problem which is to find the shortest path of two points in a tree.
    For the onsite interview
    first round Top k problem and implement a heap
    second round design a LFU
    third round copy a linkedlist, copy a linkedlist with random pointer and copy a graph
    forth round implement a queue and joseph problem
    fifth round level traverse a tree by fibonacci order

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got the phone interview pretty fast. After about 1 week got the onsite interview. There were 6 rounds of interviews. All related to algorithms. Mostly Easy/Medium on LeetCode.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

got a call from a recruiter on LinkedIn.
    had a telephonic interview (cleared it)
    onsite for 5-6 hours
    after phone interview they said that the position is filled so the recruiter got a 2nd opening and bring me onsite where i had 7-8 people to deal withl

Interview Questions

• explain overloading vs overriding, why Amazon, your weakness, which car do you have, where do you live, do you have family here, sort array using o(n), write test cases for a product

all of the interviewers were Rajnikanth(a person like Chuck Norris in India). they speak same language but i did not so they rejected me. they try to ask interview question in tamil to see if i speak rajnikanth's language.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter gave wrong time and date to the interviewer and i got called at a bad time (during a meeting with my current job). The interviewer was a wannabe indian guy. He picked up a problem which he himself did not know the solution.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming (return longest unique substring from a large sequence of words. you need to return the substring and not the length.)   1 Answer