Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon Lab126

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Saw the position in the website, connected with recruiter in LinkedIn, had an initial call with her about the fit, got the confirmation about the hiring manager liking my profile and she schedules for a one hour technical round with HM. Three days after I got the confirmation that they would like to move ahead with final round.

Being in the COVID situation all the companies were doing VCs and happened same for this role too. Had 5 rounds with one bar raiser round and everything went as planned and no distractions.

Went in deep discussion about writing assessment with 2 of 5 interviewers. And got the call from recruiter after 1.5 days about they wanted to offer me the role.

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Amazon recruiter about a week later. She arranged a technical phone interview and told me that the interview consists of technical, coding and behavioral portions. So, I spent a lot of time on coding and 14 famous Amazon principles for behavior interview. However, on interview day, the hiring manager only asked me technical questions. I think I did a good job answering his questions considering my job experience was not directly related to the job. However, after 2 days, I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the process for thermal analysis of a hand-held device electronics   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screen - To ensure that both sides understand what is the role that is being needed to be filled
    2. 1st Round Phone Interview - Go through you own project management process to see if you have a handle of managing a project from inception to closure

Interview Questions

• Q: Please go through a typical project management flow
      Q: How would you request for resources that are not available   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Two sessions with System Design. The rest of the questions were based on the Amazon Leadership Principals (many sources online with details about these questions). Plus had to submit a written essay before the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a situation when you took a risk and it didn’t work out?   Answer Question

Fire OS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

The recruiter begged me to interview. I am a embedded systems engineer not a OS software engineer. I finally agreed. I took a coding test online and passed. I was offered a trip to Austin for 3 days all expenses paid; airfare, hotel, car rental, and $500 expense card. I accepted the offer. Nearing the interview date the $500 card hadn't arrived and I didn't have a car rental. The started backtracking on the initial agreement. The interview was decent. I was told I was not a good fit. Which matches what I originally told the recruiter. I submitted my expenses and never got paid. I was out $160 and 3 working days. The most expensive interview I have ever been on. A waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The data modeling questions caught me off guard. I spend much of my time showcasing my hardware skills for embedded applications it's been awhile since I was handed a data modeling question.   1 Answer

Applied Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Applied through job portal, and had a 1-hour phone call interview for signal/audio processing area. Had basic questions on DSP like upsampling, downsampling, etc and coding based questions like complexity analysis .

Thermal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

phone interview with hr, and then team member, after that, an onsite interview. The onsite interview has a lot of behavior questions, which the hr stressed in his email.

Met two Indian guys during the onsite interview, both are barely decent person. One is a manager from mechanical design team, one is a member from that mechanical design team. The manager seems very sleepy, and he cannot keep his eyes open during the whole interview course. The other guy is the worst people I ever met. He tried hard to pretend he knew thermal, and asked a lot of foolish questions. And his attitude was very confrontational. After him, I interviewed the hr person, and expressed my concerns. But I guess that cannot help with anything.

Interview Questions

• some exmaples: Tell me about thermocouples? Then why, why, why? He said he would keep asking why if I said I know sth. He would ask why until I said I do not know.

How do you attach thermocouples? I answered how I did that. and he replied "wrong". I said, well, I saw some other big companies did similarly in their guidelines. He replied, that's wrong. I asked if he can share whats the right to way to do. He said he can not. .... the whole process was very confrontational.   Answer Question

Hardware Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Four back to back interviews each 45 minutes long. For most of the interview, it was technical questions that consisted of a range of EE topics. The interviewers had different level of experiences and they asked me about my resume as well

Interview Questions

• An example of how I illustrated the Amazon leadership principles   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Got invited to an on campus interview. 4 interviews, 40 minutes : 20 minutes technical + 20 minutes behavioral. Recruiter called the previous day detailing the type of questions to expect.

Interview Questions

• Amazon Leadership Principles related questions.
      Snap Fit
      Tolerancing   Answer Question

Interview

Referred by a friend. Resume reviewed by manager. 1 phone interview, followed by 1 on-site interview with 5 one on ones, each interviewed for 30 minutes. Offered by the next couple days. Accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of board design you did to support validation?   1 Answer