Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

3.2

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Entire process took almost a month. The interview process was very organized. First had a phone interview with hiring manager. Later got invitation for in-person interview. Went to Sunnyvale office for 4 hour interview. The interviewers were pleasant and asked some repeated questions. I was asked to write a piece of code on the white board. After I completed the code, the interviewer(Development manager) mentioned that my approach was not the best one. I was curious to know the other alternative approach. After he explained his approach, I realized that mine was better way to handle the problem. This is where I was disappointed - The interviewer assumed that I will not be able to solve the problem and simply told that there is a better approach to solve the problem. I was very polite and explained why my method works efficiently too.
    Overall I thought my interview went well. But looks like they picked internal candidate for the post.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process took 4 weeks. The recruiters were very prompt. They gave me feedback in 5 days after phone interview, and an oral offer in 5 days after onsite interview. Onsite interview consists of 5 technical rounds, with your hiring manager and team colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question about Amazon's Leadership principles. Every interviewer will ask you a question about one of their principles and how you applied it in your previous working experience.   Answer Question
    • Technical questions are fairly easy. Just some basic algorithm questions which you can find everywhere.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Had a initial phone screening and then a phone interview. They set the date and reset it many times before finally a date was set. Even the interviewer was changed. Was not sure even if the group who were interested got changed.
    Interview was ok but never felt the interviewer was enthusiastic enough..

Interview Questions

• Nothing... all questions seemed appropriate for the role   Answer Question

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen first by recruiter then phone interview by hiring manager follow by on site. Follow behavioral interviewing process referencing the leadership principles https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles. Interviewers were cross-functional members who later meet for a collective hiring decision. Results will be prompt but no feedback will be provided whatsoever. 40-45 minutes for each interviewer with about 5-10 min for any questions. If I was to go through another behavior interview, I would overlook asking questions during the interview, stating such questions will be sent in separate emails after the interview due to limited time. Instead, I would have spent the allotted 5-10 min to summarize and confirm what was discussed, what questions were asked and what responses were given. Interviewers will take notes either by writing or typing on laptop. If possible, reference back to the principles that those questions were meant to address. Assess if your example(s) adequately address the principle targeted. By doing so, it should provide you the applicant feedback from your own effort.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

2 remote interviews of 45 minutes each, both technical, one site one hour PhD thesis presentation followed by 5 interviews 45 minutes each, 1 HR and 4 technical. Got asked about supervised and unsupervised machine learning, operations research, linear algebra, computer science (algorithm & data structures). Interviewers were very friendly and calm, I didn't feel stressed. They expect deep knowledge in machine learning and deep learning.

Interview Questions

• write down the weight update for a neural net with a single output   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen. Then onsite, scheduled about a month in advance, despite me requesting a quicker turnaround due to a competing offer that would come in about two weeks before. I interviewed for two different teams, and ended up having to do VC for two interviewers. One of them showed up 5 minutes late, sayin the VC room was not available. And then a few minutes into the interview, got kicked out of the one that was found, by someone else who had it reserved. So I had to do a follow-up phone screen next day. And then the day after that, I was told one of the teams was interested, and wanted ANOTHER half day of on-sites. And all those ended up being BS HR questions (ie tell me about an event where you made a mistake, that made you reflect and make changes in your professional life etc)

After all the runaround, they wanted to extend an offer. Requested I postpone making the decision on my other offer, and then again by another day after the day they were supposed to get back to me. And then ended up coming back with an offer way less than the other one, and less than the rough estimates that I gave them about my current salary. They also wanted me to share my last year's W2 (no thanks, pay me what you think I'm worth, instead of trying to lowball).

All in all, would not interview again.

Interview Questions

• String questions (ie longest substring in two strings), regex questions (input validation), trees, BS HR questions   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

1 hour phone round followed by full-day onsite.

Phone interview was 20min of programing exercise followed by some QA approach questions.

5 interview 45 min interviews onsite.

Most of the questions were behavior related (based on Amazon's "leadership principles"). There were couple of programming exercises which were very easy.

Interviewers ask questions and then instead of looking at you when you answer, they look into their laptops and type in whatever you are speaking. That felt a bit disrespectful initially but I got used to it after the first interview. The whole process felt very mechanical/robotic.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Chaos. That is the only way I can describe it. From trying to park, to the reception area, to the attempt to have an interview somewhere not being able to find a room.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team that is different.   1 Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed, I applied for the position, the next day I had a phone screen interview with my Recruiter which lasted 30minutes. That same day after the phone screen, I then made it to the next round speaking with one of the managers over the phone for 30minutes which went really well. The next step, my recruiter reached out to me and told me that

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Instructional call with talent acquisition about the process and question types. Easy setup up of interview times and quick responses. Interview with hiring manager next, few behavioral questions asking to tell a time when you did x, y, or, z