Amazon Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Senior Software Developer Interview

Interview

1. phone screening, casual
2. phone screening, somewhat technical and short
3. code screening via online editor and phone
4. all day on site interview
Their interviewing process is rigorous. They do a lot of screening before you spend any time face to face. I think this is a good method, as it weeds a lot of people out before-hand. Stressful though!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Senior Software Developer Interview

Interview

It was the phone interview round. Be a prepared about basic data structures. Do not try and prepare many questions but do basic coding right. They want to see whether you can write code in a real situations, so practising questiosn from Codin Interviews & other books wont help much. Talk as much as possbile, detailing what you are trying to achive through your code

Interview Questions

• Quite easy question i suppose- Emulate inorder BST tree traversal without using recursion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via an email and asked to forward my latest resume. After the hiring manager reviewed my resume they decided to move forward with next round which was online coding challenge.

There were 2 coding challenges, which I was able to solve partially. I was lucky enough to go into next round. The next round was 1 hr telephonic interview where I was asked to solve an algorithm, which I was unable to solve completely.

After few days I got email saying they are moving forward with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Nashville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received online coding challenge through hacker rank, 2 challenges to complete in 2 hours, short 15 mins telephone technical interview with recruiter and then 4 hour onsite interview with 3 people. They took care of all expenses hotel/travel/food.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via my LinkedIn profile. He requested a resume, and then within a day asked to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was a little choppy because they were using a new tool similar to codepen that allowed your code to be evaluated while on the call.

The review was pleasant enough, and--in spite of not being prepared for the low-level java implementation questions--I made it to an on-site.

The on-site is where my experience diverged from expectation. Having heard that you are interviewed for multiple roles by a range of people, I was fully prepared and excited for that. I my case, there was only one role, and all but one of the interviewers were from that team. Since none of them were senior engineers, they had a hard time engaging my questions and thought processes, which made the conversations rather awkward and stifling.

By the time I met with the engineers from a different team, I was a bit off balance, and felt like I didn't shine.

The last interview was with the person who would have supervised me, and we both expressed that it didn't seem like a fit right now.

Interview Questions

• Can you write a parallel merge sort?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Online coding test. Sent my resume. Arranged phone screen with hiring manager. Pretty easy questions but needed preparation. I used brute force but couldn't think of optimization.

Interview Questions

• Coding test: one linear algorithm problem, one binary tree problem.
      Phone screening: one linear algorithm problem, one OOD problem, one linked list problem.   2 Answers

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in July 2017.

Interview

At first a receuiter contacted me thru linkedin. More than several times amazon recruiters contacted me a year as a Seoul hiring event. Yes I am a Korean. I passed the first step, the online assessment. I solved all in just 30 minutes as such I doubted the position is for not senior but junior. Anyhow today I failed at the second step, phone screening step. I didnt go any more due to my lack of verbal English skills. And my technical skills were not enough to pass it as well.

Interview Questions

• About Hashmap. express nagative phase of phase when it used in Big ~ ~   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very helpful and kind people. Give the information with patience, and very clear.

More a conversation than an interview. Start with info about the company a follows asking you by your interest in company, and of course tech evaluation.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got an email from Amazon HR. They sent the link for the test. If you pass, it will be on-site interview next. If you fail, wait for 6 months to apply again.