Amazon Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview Questions

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me. After couple of weeks she arranged a phone interview. As this was a FW validation position for SSD drives, the phone interview was based on debugging NVMe bugs. Then I was asked for another technical phone interview where I was asked basic coding questions. First problem was on bit manipulation and second one was on designing binary search. After passing this round, I was flown to Seattle, WA for onsite interview. As I signed NDA, I can not say much about it. But the technical questions were very easy and shouldn't be hard for you if you are swift in coding. But almost everyone kept asking customer related questions. I am very surprised that I did not get any offer and I have no idea why as I aced all the technical questions. But if I were to take a blind guess its due to the customer related questions that may not have matched to the expectation of the company standard. But regardless of everything I had a very good interview experience. My recommendation would be, prepare a looooot, not for the coding maybe, but for the questions they will pose on your stands on the topic of customers.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview 1: NVMe debugging
    Phone Interview 2: Coding bit manipulation + binary search
    On site interview: I can not disclose, I signed NDA. But pretty easy coding questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this position. got a mail for phonic interview. I got a call from team lead. First he explained about his team and the position. then he wanted to know about my experience and my skills.

Interview Questions

• what are the most challenging thing you faced in your previous projects?
      what all the tools and tech you are familiar with?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

Big coding 1.5 hours test. Everyone was brought to a room with their laptops. There was a logic section about random situations to analyze. The second section was a coding question. The third section was explaining what you coded and justifying it.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Start with 1-2 phone screen then you go in for an in-person interview. You meet with 5-7 people for about 45m each. They ask you a mix of behavioral and technical (role-specific) questions. People in the loop are mostly from the team you'll be joining except for one who is from outside and has veto power.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to stand up to your management chain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Nothing unusual. Had two phone screens and was invited for an in-house. In-house was the typical Amazon interview: 4 rounds + coffee with hiring manager. Ended up getting offered a QAE II role because I didn't do as well on the bar raiser's coding question. Amazon interviews will consist of coding plus how well you present examples of the leadership principles. For test roles, there will be additional questions about testing and quality.

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2013.

Interview

Half day interview with 5 people, 45 minutes a piece. Manager, bar raiser, and 3 developers/testers. Technical questions expected to be filled out on a white board (they do take a picture of it). 1-2 questions depending on the time. Don't be afraid to ask for tips and guidance, just not too much. Better not to get completely stuck than to stumble once or twice.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are around data structures. Also expect word puzzles, like write an algorithm to spell out actual numbers. E.g. 121 -> "One Hundred and Twenty One".   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations at that level (at least none I could see).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

1.) Given an integer array and an arbitrary number, find the number of combinations of two numbers in the array whose sum is equal to the arbitrary number.
    2.) What is the complexity of your algorithm of the above problem. Can you reduce the complexity ?
    3.) Design a parking lot using OOPS
    4.) How would you test a search engine ?
    5.) How would you test an ATM Machine ?

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and an arbitrary integer, find the number of pairs of integers in the array whose sum is equal to the arbitrary integer.   2 Answers
    • What is the complexity of your algorithm for the above problem. Can you reduce the complexity   Answer Question
    • Design a parking lot using OOPS.   1 Answer
    • How would you test a search engine ?   1 Answer
    • How would you test an ATM machine ?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

First round was kind of written,, Where I was asked to write algorithm for sum and multiply two linked list value. the worst part is I have writtem program for Addition of two linked list. but they were not agree. even then have not asked any other question

Interview Questions

• 1) Add two linked list data.   1 Answer
    • 2) Multiply Two linked list data   1 Answer