Amazon Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

3.3

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got this opportunity through a recruiter from my previous applications. Initially scheduled a call with recruiter for 15 mins discussing background and experiences and then a technical phone screen interview was schedule for 45 mins -1 hr.
The technical interview was pretty easy and all basic Data Structures and Algorithmic questions along with test cases to test your solution. Waiting for a call made a very silly mistake in the BST question, fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• 1.Given sides of a triangle write a function which could say it is equilateral , isosceles or scalene. Give Test data for the solution you give
    2.Write a program to find Max Depth of a BST. Give test data for the same.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Interview

First round is the debugging test. Very simple questions like adding missing parenthesis or increment the count. There are seven questions and there are about twenty minutes to solve those seven questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and got a mail from them in two weeks time. From the start, the recruiting team was poor in followups. They rescheduled twice and didn't inform me properly. Only after I repeatedly sent mail they gave me an answer. So here is the step by step process:
    1. Recruiter call - Asking about my background and experience
    2. Tech Interview - Few situation based questions and technical questions (be prepared to answer time and space complexity)
    3. Onsite Interview (4 interviews in one day) - interviewers were amazing! question difficulty ranged from medium to hard. Most questions were on graphs. My advice is to solve all problems from leetcode. Very enlightening experience.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had two Technical phone screening where good experience.After every one introduce him self,I was given a problem and after solving the problem they would ask to write test cases/Scenarios for it. then
    discuss those tests and the time complexity of the solution as Time and Space.

Interview Questions

• Design and Implement a music player that has the songs and band Names stored internally in this class using appropriate data structure .
        with the methods to play a song and find the top played song   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Telephone interview- the interviewer was patient and helpful. I had a good interaction and he gave a very positive feedback saying will see you soon. But it turned out I got a rejection. Life is so unpredictable. So keep working hard and take each rejection as a motivation to improve and not loose hope and waste time. Make sure you keep your mind open when you do the interview , every hint is a clue where you can find what the interviewer line of thinking is. I played him well but God knows what played me out!!! Will break this later!!

Interview Questions

• Find from alist of numbers where each number is repeating even number of times except one. Find that number ?   9 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Technical phone screen and then a day of full interview loop (4 interviews + lunch interview) from 9:30 am till 2 pm.
    The interviewers were very friendly, answered all my questions.
    Every interview required writing code on a whiteboard.
    To prepare for the interview, the candidate should review the Amazon leadership principles and prepare the personal anecdotes.
    They are asking a lot of situation-based questions. You need to provide specific examples of leadership in you career.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find a substring in a string.
      Test your code, write the test cases.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Debugging followed by F-F interview on skype. Debugging was quite easy with 7 questions, need to solve the compilation errors. The phone screen was based on data structures and algorithms. Generally it is quite easy to go but for me it was a bit tricky and the expectation for reducing the complexity was a bit more. So, I was not able to cross the line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

After the application, all applicants are invited to Amazon campus for interview. The interview is done only through online assessment. The online assessment contains both IQ test question and programming test. For c++ part, the programming test is using non c++11 compiler. The IQ test question is pretty easy, while the programming test could be hard if you did not know the problem beforehand, especially if you are familiar with c++11 features and try to use it, only to find it is not supported.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (India, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

it was awesome. Prepare well Data structure questions. Arrays pointers linked lists, graphs, heaps, hashing trees AVL B-trees, etc
    Totally 5 rounds
    Online 1
    Technical 2
    Technical 3
    Technical 4
    Technical 5

Bar raiser round, Hiring manager round, coding round, online round, ds round

Interview Questions

• Data structure questions. Arrays pointers linked lists, graphs, heaps, hashing trees AVL B-trees, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was not so good. HR people are not co-operative. Interview process was slow. Did not give proper explanation for rejecting my profile. Need to be have more experienced and better HR people who can handle data well. The interviewer did not seem interested in taking the interview. Should have more enthusiastic interviewer who show interest to the the answers given by the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy from OO concept of Java like Data Structure like linked list, arrays, hashmaps.
      Questions about experience in job and experience on projects in university and job. Talk in detail about the project relevant to the position you are applying for. Listen to the questions well and take time to reply the questions.   1 Answer