Amazon Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,098 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,098 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The first interview was just a conversation over the phone. The second interview was on-line coding assessment. It is strongly advised that the interviewee speak out loud thoughts and talk to the interviewer while solving the problem.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with 5
    Many questions. SQL queries . interview lasted 40+ min. Basic Java and oop concepts. Multi threading and sockets questions. Could answer with moderate preparation.
    Was still rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The first round was a basic logical reasoning and debugging round online. Fairly easy. The second one was 3 coding challenges and a simulation type of round that was taxing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied through career fair in my school. And i got email saying they want to move forward the next day or 2 days later. The interview was a week? after i got email. So i got interview a week after i submitted my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI).

Interview

applied online, waited several days, received a phone call, couple more phone calls, scheduled an interview, went in, got told the position was full and they didn't need me and wondered what I was doing there

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2017.

Interview

The whole process was very quick. I applied online. Had the debugging and logic question round. Got an email the next day about the second round which was 2 coding questions online. Heard back a week later about the final round which was a 45 minute virtual technical interview. Got a call about an offer the next day. Overall, a pretty quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• I had simple questions regarding arrays in the final round. I recommend practicing with Leetcode. Definitely know runtimes of everything. Was asked that constantly during interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Santa Cruz, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I got a call from Amazon saying that they wanted to fast track me past the remote coding interview and bring me on sight for a face to face. They provided me with a handful of resources and pointed me in the direction of several videos online on how to prepare. They all seemed to have a common theme and they really highlighted preparing for graphs and trees and other similar data structures. When I got there, practically every question had nothing to do with this and almost everything was advanced string manipulation. The people were nice enough, but I would have preferred them not send me anything compared to sending me misleading resources.

Interview Questions

• Given a series of scrambled characters formated as a string as well as a dictionary of words, output the maximum number of possible words if every character can only be used once.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the 2018 new grad software engineer position. There were 2 online assessments like always. Then it was the on site interview. There were 3 rounds in total. During each round you will be asked about behavioral questions and 1-2 coding problems. The thing is, 15 days after the interview, I got a call from the HR saying the position is full already.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

For entry level software engineer they make you take an online simulation and coding interview. Neither were difficult, just place the customer first. After this they scheduled a final interview but cancelled the day before. Very unprofessional. Sad.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with amazon shortly after graduating from college for a software role.

Amazon sent me several online assignments, about 3 hours of solving various coding problems, 1 hour of logical challenges and 1 hour of work simulation. The first coding challenge was available in C, C++ and Java. The second code interview was only available in Java and C++, this was not made apparent to begin with, but was not an issue.

Several days later, Amazon invited me to setup a date to do the final interview. After not hearing from them for a week, I received another mysterious survey to setup a different final interview date. Shortly after, Amazon sent me reservations for a hotel room and airplane tickets for the interview. A couple days after that, I received a mysterious call stating that my interview was canceled due to all the positions being filled. The lady on the phone only gave me very generic answers and did not specifically answer any of my questions. My recruiter no longer responds to any of my emails and I am totally in the dark.

I know that there are people who are still deciding on their Amazon offer, so clearly not all the spots are full. I do not appreciate being lied to and led on to find my efforts were wasted. I don't mind being put on a 'wait-list' of sorts; however I disagree with how this situation was handled.