Avanade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen where the recruiter gets to know your background and experiences. Then a final group orientation with individual interviews and networking. They give you an introduction to their internship program and then split you into individual interview sessions with a professional while in the mean time you network with the professionals that work there as well as other candidates. They also had us relax by participating in a team activity. Finally, they contact you after letting you know whether you got the internship position or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Avanade and how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter
    2) Phone interview with a company employee

There was miscommunication with the hiring recruiters because I received conflicting information. It was difficult to get in touch with my main contact and had to wait weeks to get closure on the position, department, and location that I was in the run for. Since multiple people contacted me about different positions, I took initiative and contacted my recruiter -- still, no respond.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview is very basic get to you know you with your recruiter. Super nice and was great at answering all of my questions.

The second interview was with a consultant who was set to interview me and it involves knowing your projects and knowing your technical skills.

The third and final interview is on site with other candidates but don't worry it's not a competitive interview with everyone else there. They provided food and did a great job selling the company to us. Then came the two 1 on 1 interviews. One behavorial and one technical with a whiteboard question, the whiteboard question is more or less a way for the interviewer to see how you think through a question. Do not be afraid to admit you don't know what to do next.

Most importantly don't overstress yourself because they are looking for people who are willing to learn not get every answer right. Plus you made it this far make sure to enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard question: reverse a string without using the reverse function   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to travel (approximately 80% of the time)?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths and weakness   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic behavior questions from HR also asked about the project that I did. Why I would like to be an IT consultant. The hr is very friendly and informative about the recruiting process. Overall it is a great experience.

.NET Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Mounds View, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my LinkedIn profile with an Avanade recruiter. Initial contact was very friendly and informative.

The entire hiring process included 6 interviews:
    1. Interview with Recruiter - included aspects related to job offerings
    2. Interview with HR/Business employee - personality questions
    3. Interview with Supervisor/Manager - situational questions
    4. Interview with Technical Lead/Manager - phone and screen share looking for technical knowledge, expertise, and overall technical approach
    5. Interview with Recruiter - offer and pay negotiation
    6. In-person Interview with nearby avanade office manager - questions about career goals and interviewer answering questions about the company and the role

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult project or task. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Demonstrate, code, and talk through how to approach sorting an array in descending order. Must talk through logic and critical thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair and left my resume with her. I was contacted about 2 weeks later by a different recruiter and set up an initial phone interview for the following week.

The 1st interview was very standard - she explained the role, the training process, and starting dates (which are non-negotiable). Then we talked about my background and interest in the company and the position. She asked about my salary expectations and willingness to travel. The call lasted about 45 minutes. The next day I was scheduled a 2nd phone interview for the following week.

The 2nd interview was also over the phone and lasted 45 minutes. It was with a current consultant and the majority of the interview (30 min.) was set aside for me to "lead the interview" and pick his brain about the position and the company.

About a week went by after this and I sent the recruiter from the 1st interview an email to let her know that I was still interested in the position. She responded the same day and said the feedback from my 2nd interview was very positive. The next step involved a Skype interview with a manager before being invited to come on-site for the final interview.

The 3rd interview (over Skype) included very standard interview questions and was very positive, as the manager I spoke with was friendly and charismatic. He made me excited for the on-site interview, which I was invited to via email the same day following this interview.

The on-site interview was the following week. I flew in the day before and spent the night in a hotel 2 blocks from the Accenture office where the interview would take place. When I arrived, I was brought to my 1-on-1 interview and was surprised when my interviewer was someone different than I was previously told it would be. Thus, I was immediately a little thrown off, feeling under-prepared, especially when it came to the questions I wanted to ask at the end of the interview. This portion of the interview asked unique questions that I didn't find to be very related to analytic work. The second part of the interview involved gathering all of the other candidates and all of the interviewers/senior-level employees in a conference room for lunch. During lunch, candidates were split into 2 groups and were given a business problem to solve and present on after lunch. We were given about 20 minutes to prepare for a presentation that lasted about 10 minutes (including questions). Then the senior-level managers and directors as well as HR reps gave us a presentation about many aspects of Avanade. This was the end of the final interview process.

Following the final interview, candidates are asked to email their HR rep about what they thought and how they feel about the interview and the job opportunity. Decisions are then made less than a week later (the interview occurred on Friday and I received a call by Wednesday). You'll get a call whether or not you receive an offer.

I had a positive experience throughout the process leading up to the onsite interview. Things went south when I was interviewed by someone I wasn't told I'd be interviewing with and when I realized that the senior-level employees were all male. The questions I was asked in the 1-on-1 didn't give me the opportunity to highlight my background, experience, knowledge, and skills. And the culture just seemed off when I was onsite. It was discouraging.

Salary is lower than average and project assignments are all about who you know - which is hard when you just start out and don't know anyone. I decided to accept another offer with company who exhibited much stronger culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on technology outside of school?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avanade in October 2017.

Interview

We had a 30 minute interview just to get more information about what to expect. We talked about what the interview process was like and what are the steps to move forward.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Application process contains 1 phone screen with HR, 1 technical phone interview, and an In person interview with two directors.

I was referred by a friend around April of 2017. I didn't hear back until July. The first phone screen was very lax and easy. Recruiter asked about items on my resume and questions relating to customer experiences and working in teams. She also talked a lot about the training programs at Avanade and how the first week of training would be at the Chicago HQ. The screen went on for about an hour.

Fast forward two - three weeks. After sending in a following up emails asking about my application I finally heard back and was able to proceed to the next step. It was a technical phone interview where I lead the interview by asking questions about the position I am applying for. I spoke with a Visual designer / UX designer. Questions I asked were related to the digital studio and work culture.

Fast forward another three weeks I sent in another follow up email asking about my application. They told me my 2nd interview went very well and the person I interview had a lot of good things to say about me. But the position I was applying for was recently filled so they asked if I would be interested in a position in the following year in January. I agree'd so I was onto the In person interview.

Another week or two after that conversation I still did not have a confirmation of my final interview date and location. So I sent in another follow up email where I was able to finally get confirmation of the interview. I interviewed with the senior director and the director. The person who will be making the decision of my offer was the director. On the day of interview he happened to be out of state working on a project so I talked to him through a call. The in person interview had questions relating to my hobbies and interest. They also asked about some of my projects in my portfolio.

Few days later I get a call telling me my application will not be moving forward and I got some feedback off my interviews.

All of the people I talked to through out this process has been very very friendly. The only down side to my experience with this was the unorganized scheduling. I've been in contact with this company for over two months and It kind of seems like a waste when you spent two months effort talking to this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process when designing/ building the technology   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Two one hour technical phone screens and then an in-person with the VIce president of saless. Then a meeting with hiring manager. That was it. First week is in training at Chicago training facilities.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to describe the exchange online reverse proxy config on white board   Answer Question

RPA Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied via referral and received a call from a recruiter in about a week. Phone call lasted for about 50 minutes. It was a behavioral interview and the recruiter was interested in my career path. In a bout a week, i was schedule for the second interview and it was technical. This lasted for about 40 minutes and it focused on my current and previous job roles. The person conducting the interview was very friendly and easy to talk to. It seem like i did well and was scheduled for a third interview with the hiring manager for the position. As the day approached, i received a call from the recruiter and was told the hiring manager was seeking a candidate who had extensive experience in Robotic Process Automation which i didn't. i was bummed about it, but the interview experience was worth it

Interview Questions

• Questions about use cases, User Stories, Types of methodologies, and RPA experience.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter for about an hour, then I spoke with someone in a similar role. I was brought in for an all day interview with several other candidates where I had two one-on-one interviews and a case interview. I didn't think the job I interviewed for was a good fit, and they felt the same so they retracked me to a role I was much more interested in. I had an interview with my would-be boss and then they made me an offer.