Avanade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen where the recruiter gets to know your background and experiences. Then a final group orientation with individual interviews and networking. They give you an introduction to their internship program and then split you into individual interview sessions with a professional while in the mean time you network with the professionals that work there as well as other candidates. They also had us relax by participating in a team activity. Finally, they contact you after letting you know whether you got the internship position or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Avanade and how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Dynamics CRM Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Was contacted by an Avanade recruiter then recruiting lead. Gave them my availability but they insisted sooner so I cleared time slots for two separate days to accommodate them, they scheduled the calls, and I never received a call. Waste of time.

Data Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was quick, informed and respectful. I knew what was going on at all times and they were very interested in making sure I felt wanted and welcome. I haven't accepted the offer yet but am thinking about it. Very positive experience so far. A little disorganized with their information collected however, as they asked repeated questions throughout the interview process

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Got an email from HR to setup phone interview. They had miscommunicated and canceled my interview then after clearing up the confusion decided to never call me. Waste of my time.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three interviews. The last was a white board "technical" interview. I was asked ONE technical question! They then tell me I was not technically qualified for the basic out of college analyst position and I was suppose to be interviewing for the senior analyst position. In my opinion, one question couldn't determine my skill level for either position. I think they used me to be able to hire some cheap H1B visa holder. Bunch of BS..

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Applied online, and got a phone interview, questions were fairly easy/typical interview fare. Several questions about technical subjects were asked but nothing too in depth. Also asked questions about practical experience I had with coding.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

It was a quick process. Took about a week from when I applied to the final interview. However I did apply when they were finishing up interviewing people. People I spoke with were very nice. The final interview was scheduled to take 45 minutes. After the interviewer asked his questions, I wanted to take the rest of the scheduled time to ask questions but it seemed that by the end of it, the interviewer was tired of answering the questions. So I guess don't take the full scheduled time....

Interview Questions

• How is your relationship with your superiors and how do you deal with conflicting ideas?   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade in December 2017.

Interview

Received the call the next day after the application was done through LinkedIn (redirected to Proofpoint Careers webpage for that position). I had applied for 2 positions - Big Data Engineer and Cloud applications. The HR sent a mail once for the 1st position and later on 2nd. On the call she said it is a Senior Software engineer position.

The technical round started with Questions on Blocking Queue, Multithreading, synchronization, synchronized keyword, LinkedList and Queues - easy to medium questions. He asked me about queue functioning and to write a code on Blocking Queue on Collabedit online. He started with the skeleton and asked to me to complete the rest of the code while simultaneously asking why am I using specific keywords and the logic. It was an interactive session.

I got a reject since I didn't prepare well and struggled with keywords and explanation. Using Collaedit is easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about Blocking Queues ?
      2. Queue concepts and functioning
      3. Linked List
      4. Multithreading
      5. Synchronized keyword   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized. Invited me in person to a second interview. I went and they had no one for me to talk to and most of my time was spent sitting around. They called me a week later to tell me that they no longer were hiring people for this position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Avanade and why would you be a good fit   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter
    2) Phone interview with a company employee

There was miscommunication with the hiring recruiters because I received conflicting information. It was difficult to get in touch with my main contact and had to wait weeks to get closure on the position, department, and location that I was in the run for. Since multiple people contacted me about different positions, I took initiative and contacted my recruiter -- still, no respond.

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Entire process consisted of three rounds. First round was a phone screening where I was asked to talk about experience and interests. Basic information regarding role is also discussed as well as location/compensation expectations. Second round was a phone interview with an Avanade analyst, where I had the opportunity to ask questions and lead the interview. Third round was an in-person interview on site at the New York office which consisted of two one-on-one interviews that lasted for about 30 mins each. First interview was more behavioral and second was more technical (depends on the role you’re interviewing for). In between interviews I had the opportunity to network and converse with other candidates and employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you find consulting interesting and why would you be a good candidate for such a role?   Answer Question