Avanade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen where the recruiter gets to know your background and experiences. Then a final group orientation with individual interviews and networking. They give you an introduction to their internship program and then split you into individual interview sessions with a professional while in the mean time you network with the professionals that work there as well as other candidates. They also had us relax by participating in a team activity. Finally, they contact you after letting you know whether you got the internship position or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Avanade and how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Data Scientist/AI Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial HR Interview covering behavioral components, as well as an overview of the role and its requirements.

Subsequently three rounds of interviews:
    1. Technical Interview covering foundational concepts in ML and walk through of previous projects.
    2. Interview with Senior Leadership, covering prior experience.
    3. Final Round with Hiring Manager, covering expectations and overview of the role, and deep dive into previous background.

The whole process was seamless and the recruiter made accommodations where required. The interviewers were also friendly for the most part.

The baffling aspect of the process was that there was no assessment of coding skills whatsoever despite an emphasis of that within the role. The company relies heavily on the Azure ecosystem, and provides solutions for its clients based upon the service's offerings.

It seems to be a red flag that the organization makes its hiring decisions just based on the feel/touch of the candidate, without being transparent in the get go - time could have been saved on both ends if they had specified that they wanted candidates with Azure experience from the start.

Regardless, it seems as if the business focus of Avanade is to be able to sell "Artificial Intelligence" solutions based on the Azure API's to its customers, due to the large hype in present day organizations. While this effort does sell extremely well, I question its sustainability over the long run.

Interview Questions

• Explain Bias-Variance tradeoff. How do you prevent over-fitting? Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

recruiter interview, than onsite interview. They wanted to do on site interview same week when was out of town, said could do interview the following week but they never got back to me on the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about Avanade?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter on the phone for an introduction. He did not seem to be very involved with the company and I was put forward to speak with another recruiter after passing the first screening. I then had a phone call with a current employee where I was in charge of asking the questions.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was very pleasurable. It started with a 45 min phone screening with a recruiter--this was just to learn about my previous experience and whether I would be a good fit for the position. The recruiter was very informative and had my best interest in mind. The second "interview" was also over the phone, but with a Senior Software Engineer--I had the chance to lead the interview and ask about work culture, his experience, etc. In the last 15 mins, I was also asked behavioral questions although I was told this portion of the interview would be technical. The final round was an in-person interview which lasted for an hour.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Very inconsistent experience, initial calls were ok but very shallow and the last call I had felt more like an interrogation. Just an endless barrage of questions, no real discussion or attempt to dig deeper as a consultant.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avanade (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

I only went to the first round interview due to the team I am applying do not sponsor for international students.
    Just general questions about why interest in this company, expectations for job and choosing company.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 aspects that you think are most important to choose a company?   Answer Question

Back-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process took 4-6 weeks. After an initial HR interview, I had a second "technical" interview with a software engineer from a different city, but there were no technical questions asked. Instead, we talked about my history in development, his history, and then I had some time to ask some questions.

After this interview, I had my final two interviews scheduled in the Atlanta office. I went into the office, and the first interview was a Skype interview with someone who worked there but was out of the office. The interview ended, and the second interviewer never showed up. After being directed to the design studio, only three people were in the office, and there were no other seniors at the company that could have filled in to interviewed me. Instead, I went home with no face-to-face interview after 3 interviews.

After initially bringing up the issue to the interviewer and HR, nobody seemed to care. It took over a week to figure out what caused the issue, and I was told that we would reschedule the final interview. Instead, someone from HR called to tell me that they weren't proceeding with future interviews.

This company's HR is really nice, but they ultimately have trouble communicating with the different branches throughout the country. The disorganization was very unprofessional, and they lost a quality candidate because of their mistake. I'm sure these aren't the only consequences they've faced due to lack of organization.

I would advise looking elsewhere.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and a few week later got phone call. the recruiter was nice and she first ask about background, some soft questions then ask profeciency on each of the programming language

Dynamics CRM Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Was contacted by an Avanade recruiter then recruiting lead. Gave them my availability but they insisted sooner so I cleared time slots for two separate days to accommodate them, they scheduled the calls, and I never received a call. Waste of time.

Data Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was quick, informed and respectful. I knew what was going on at all times and they were very interested in making sure I felt wanted and welcome. I haven't accepted the offer yet but am thinking about it. Very positive experience so far. A little disorganized with their information collected however, as they asked repeated questions throughout the interview process