Avanade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen where the recruiter gets to know your background and experiences. Then a final group orientation with individual interviews and networking. They give you an introduction to their internship program and then split you into individual interview sessions with a professional while in the mean time you network with the professionals that work there as well as other candidates. They also had us relax by participating in a team activity. Finally, they contact you after letting you know whether you got the internship position or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Avanade and how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. Phone screen then second round with people who were actual consultants. Seemed nice. Had to move forward due to not liking the travel policy (traveling 4 days a week)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Two one hour technical phone screens and then an in-person with the VIce president of saless. Then a meeting with hiring manager. That was it. First week is in training at Chicago training facilities.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to describe the exchange online reverse proxy config on white board   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in October 2014.

Interview

Started at a job fair followed by an HR phone screen. Then I had a selling interview where I talked to a software developer for an hour. This was followed by a final onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite interview, we were given a group exercise in which we had to decide which software is better suited for a company and present our findings at the end of the day.   Answer Question

Interview

They had an initial phone screening to gauge personality, followed by a technical interview in which they asked questions such as "what is polymorphism?"..."what is encapsulation?" etc...after those were passed, they invited for an in person interview in which they discussed benefits and had a team exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you encountered a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really much room for negotiation because when I tried to, I was told that I would also be overtime eligible.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Submitted resume through company website. Recruiter called within 48 hours to screen. Phone interview was 2 days later. Phone interview was mostly technical background probing and seeing level of interest in the technology. Got in person interview 1 week later. One on One interview with 3 people. Hiring manager, another manager, and sr. dev. Mostly went over past history and gave me a chance to ask about current project.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions included reverse a string. Questions to test knowledge object oriented programming basics. Class inheritance, interfaces.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with a recruiter with some questions about myself and a few technical questions. Expectations (position, responsibility, compensation, etc) were set before moving forward to the next step. It took two more technical skills tests that lasted about an hour over the phone and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I was given a verbal offer on the spot and an offer letter in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• It was a question about graphics / topology - how to do lines between a few points drawn on the whiteboard without the lines crossing each other.   4 Answers
    • Authorization vs Authentication.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't much to negotiate. The salary range was set per position and the best way to get a better pay is to do better on initial phone call with the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I had a recuter call me and set up an hour long tecnical interview. this part of the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

I havent ansered them yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I got the first round thru phone just initial screening. Later got call for 2nd round more in terms of .NET technical. Had couple more rounds more into technical related to programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview, was fine. Second technical phone interview\test was a nightmare, the interviewer did no speak english as their first language making it very difficult (when phone interview\tests can be hard enough to hear correctly). It became clear to me the questions were being generated on the fly by simply flipping though a C# book, finding a pieace of information, rephrasing it as a question and then expecting a response that matches just what the book has. This gave the questions (the ones I could hear and understand) no context and so they could be answered many ways, but if they were not answer as the book had them they were wrong. Frustrating painful experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions I couldn't hear, and the ones without context   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (San Antonio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I submitted an online application, went through an online screening, and then a phone interview/screening. I received a second ‘technical’ interview a week after that. The interviewer was very difficult to understand and the questions were based on data structures concepts which I had not reviewed in years or was I even expecting. The interviewer had a very heavy accent and was very cold throughout the whole thing. The phone kept disconnecting throughout making the process even more nerve wrecking. The whole experience was horrible.

Review you core concepts and definitions for:
    Data Structures (algorithm design, OO programming, sorting algorithms)
    Database design
    Software engineering

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 major components of Object Oriented programming?   1 Answer