Boeing Structural Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Structural Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was with five managers in the room and one on the phone. The questions were pertinent to the jobs they were wanting to fill. Where my answers were lacking it was difficult for them to ask much more. I was not intimidated but I was not completely prepared. I was especially unprepared for the questions that were asked of me. An email was sent to me to provide the when and where for location of the interview. After my interview I found that another email had been sent to me to provide the necessary information for the questions that were going to be asked of me. I have to say that I did not see that email so I am hoping that it was just because it dropped into my email box after I had left it. The interview would have gone much better had I looked one more time for any remaining emails.

Interview Questions

• The one thing that they had asked was what specific work assignment was I given in my job and how did I complete the task to show that I could perform my job competently.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online in April and waited a lonnng time until I got a response (~3 months). When they did contact me, I spoke to someone on the phone from HR who coordinated and set up a phone interview. I guess they primarily do phone interviews now as a cost saver, and will only bring you in if you live nearby. Once I set a date/time for the interview, they emailed me a .pdf describing the format. It is a "structured interview" (a standardized process they use on all applicants) consisting of several behavioral questions, and the answers are scored by the interviewers during/afterwards.

So, naturally I was totally freaked out. The .pdf noted that you HAD to answer each question in a particular manner: a thorough description of the Situation, Actions taken, and Results of the actions [SAR or STAR method]. You were reminded of this at the beginning of the phone call by the interview panel and sometime in the middle of the interview. Make sure that you use your own experiences and answer the questions in the format that they want. If you do not, then your score will suffer.

I thought that I totally blew the phone interview, but a few weeks later I got another call from the same HR contact saying that they wanted to bring me in for a site visit. The visit was an all-day event and I was moved around from manager to manager at the site having short ~30-45 minute conversations with each one. My impression was that they already decided to offer the job to me but just wanted to 1) see if I was a crazy person, 2) give me a chance to see if this site was a good fit for me. As a sidenote, they paid for travel and housing. At the end of the day the main manager in the process said that everything went really well and that I should expect a final decision soon. A few days later, I received another call from the manager, and he said that they were offering me the position and that I could accept/reject it on my Boeing career site.

TLDR: You have to be patient; From when I applied to when I started it was almost 7 months. Also, in the interview, just follow the instructions and try to stay calm. If you get a site visit, that is when you can totally crush it and prove how good you are for the position!

Interview Questions

• I did have to promise not to say what the interview questions were, so I won't "directly" say what I was asked. But just google sample structured interview/STAR questions. You pretty much can find lists of questions that will be asked. Basically, think about a) what experiences prepped you for the position, b) what work have you done relating to the position (problem solving, CAD, weight/cost analysis), c) how you have been able to work in groups and manage others' skills/issues...etc. Just look sample questions up online and you'll find them :p   1 Answer

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

Interview

It is the structured interview process, this time done over the phone. Basically it is you telling a story about situations when you were able to show an example of competency related to the skills of the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation that...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

met at a job fair in Phoenix, and was scheduled on the spot for a phone interview a week or two later. I was told that, interview had to be rescheduled. They called back and gave me another date for a interview which the canceled again. Finally they scheduled another date in which I called into their service and they didn't even join into the teleconference stating they where having difficulties. After wards I emailed them and they didn't even have the common decency to email me back. What a waste of time. Oklahoma Branch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is slow. The interview is structured. Be prepared with specific examples where you saved the company time or money, emphasize things you personally did and their outcome.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember. The questions were pretty generic for a structured interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me through an email and set up a phone interview with the Design managers.
    Half an hour phone interview. Interview was good. Straight technical and some behavior questions. Interview sounded promising.
    Followed up with the HR and the managers after 2 weeks and then after 4 weeks. HR responded saying she did not have any more information on the staffing section. Followed up with the mangers. No response. Never heard from them afterwords.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage a conflict within your group ?   1 Answer

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Entirely behavioral STAR interview. Follows the classic STAR format. Look to study mostly about your own experience, problems solved, work on engineering teams etc. Studying your resume and knowing about the part of the company that you are interested in should suffice. However results may vary for non-entry level hiring.

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I was hired at a conference during career fair day. They had pre-screening a night before career fair day. Then I received a phone call to attend the interview at the fair for an engineering job. There were two recruiters asking questions. Honestly I do not remember any of the questions and I also had to promise that I will not disclose the questions to other people.

Interview Questions

• I had behavior based questions. I could not recall any one particular question that was unexpected or very difficult.   Answer Question

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2009.

Interview

I applied on line after three months got email for the phone interview. After confirming date and time, I was called. Only one manager called. The phone was put on the speaker phone and interfiew lasted for thirty minutes. It went fine. After two I as called in person for the ineterview. I requested for hotel to stay in over night and the next morning interview was scheduled. There were hiring manager, team lead and one engineer. They showed procedure during which they asked few questions and were looking for my input.
    I think I answerd correctly. After coming back the hr told me I was selected but offer only made after checking all the degree and credit history. It turned out to be and the offer was made.

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing in March 2011.

Interview

The pretty much just give a behavioral based interview and after, a structural interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle on the clock when it's 5:15?   2 Answers