Boston Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

applied through BCH website. I was contacted by the head of the lab a few days later and had a phone interview that same day. I was invited to the lab for an onsite interview. I met with the head for ~45 min and then met with the entire lab for ~1 hour. After, I was given a tour of the facility and eventually was brought back to the PI. I was told I would hear back in a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Research Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was welcomed into the office and the interview was conducted by four different people over 2 hours. They told me about themselves, asked me to talk about my previous experience and why I was interested in the position. There was a critical thinking part, where they asked me to perform some work that applied to the position in question. Finally, I met with the head of the program briefly.

Quality Improvement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening with an administrator in the department, they were unable to provide feedback on what any specifics of the job entailed. Invited for in person interview first with the director then with other staff members. Found them all to be looking for different candidates, it seemed to be a disjointed interview where they were unsure what they wanted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got a phone call from an HR person who was fairly rude. She interrogated me on my job history and told me that people ruin their career by changing jobs a lot. Mentioned a 10 year commitment. Declined to tell me anything about the job or company. When I didn't have a reason why I wanted to work at BCH specifically, she said "we're going to pass" and hung up the phone.

Worst interview I've had in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why have you switched jobs so much? How could you leave a job without having another one already?   1 Answer

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position mid-December (2016). Received email after the new year to schedule interview (on-site). The interview was very easy going. Met with the PI of the lab first, then talked with other lab members. Followed by a lab tour, misc. The interview in total, about 3 hours.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital.

Interview

The interview went smoothly. Not too many difficult questions were asked. Standard interview questions. They asked mainly why I am interested in the position, what would I bring to the company etc.

Patient Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruited after he saw my resume in their system. It took less than a day to get the time and date of the interview.
    The interview was relaxed. The interviewer took plenty of time explaining the role and the department. She also "checked in" during our conversation to make sure that I thought this would be a good role for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've been in with a customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital in October 2016.

Interview

Hiring went easy, spoke with HR, then met with department supervisor.Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met the new team. Separate interviews with each person I would be working with. The overall process took 4 hours long. I was called in for a second interview. Everyone was straight forward on the qualities they were looking for in a new team mate.

Interview Questions

• What skill did you acquire at your old job that can be used at this job?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call about the role, the Children's recruiter left a vm to get in touch with her about the role. However, the phone # given was either fictitious or she didn't pick up calls on that line. After numerous attempts at reaching the recruiter thru that # failed I finally reached her on LinkedIn email. Her response was "I'm in meetings, will call you today". The call never came, nor any other email or communication about the role. A simple "no" would have been easier, but I guess that's why people hate recruiters of all shapes and sizes.

Interview Questions

• What's the color of the sky?   1 Answer