Boston Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Patient Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Cam in and met my supervisor and all the doctors I would work with. They were all great I also met with some team members. It took a lot longer than expected but was well worth it.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?   2 Answers

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

He sent me some of his group papers. and also asked me to send him my previous papers. we had an introduction tell interview and one in-person interview. I did not have a presentation for them, but it's typical for them to let you present your previous work for their group.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about my previous works on medical image processing. Also some questions about Linux   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

I arrived at the building on time, but the HR representative was in another room and had forgotten I was there in the receptionist's office. She did apologize for it, and once we had a brief conversation I went to another building for the actual interview.

The interview with the manager and supervisor was all right - nothing shocking, just describing in detail what the job was and what I'd be doing.

After about a month, I contacted the HR representative twice to see what the status of the position is, and whether I'd be moving on. I got no responses - then I saw a similar job with the exact same description on there from a recruiting company I work with, and through them I found out I wasn't moving on.

Children's Hospital is an excellent institution, and I can understand if they're still interviewing, but at least a quick update would have helped here.

Patient Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with HR office which asked basic questions then met with department. Took around 2 hours total. Very informal and they never followed up after interview and the expectations and goals were not very clear. And no one could tell me what the pay/salary was.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like working within groups and difficult situations.   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the recruiter, where he asked me why I wanted to work there and my career goals. We briefly discussed salary range expectations and set an interview date. I then met with HR for an overview on benefits. Then (same day) I went over to the main hospital and met with the department coordinator and head nurse. There weren't too many questions. They mostly just asked me about specific things on my resume. It was a very friendly environment. Then they went over what a day to day looks like. Then they asked if I had any questions. I got a call with an offer about a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Software Development Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Two 2-hour phone screens and two 4-hour in person interviews. It was over the course of almost a month. Most of the people in the process seemed to feel like they could have been left out and it would not have made a difference. I interviewed with almost the entire department.

Interview Questions

• Do you listen well, and how do you make sure that you're doing that?   Answer Question

Software Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

There was a team of 3 people over the phone:

General questions: Explain design patterns in details, interface v/s abstract class, string vs stringbuffer, servlet life cycle, garbage collection. String-creator , final keyword.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screen technical questions regarding ASP.NET. On Site interview - 2 people who are working for a long time talked about the job and the web application. I thought it was okay. I have followed up twice and there is no answer. very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Difference between Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got a phone call from an HR person who was fairly rude. She interrogated me on my job history and told me that people ruin their career by changing jobs a lot. Mentioned a 10 year commitment. Declined to tell me anything about the job or company. When I didn't have a reason why I wanted to work at BCH specifically, she said "we're going to pass" and hung up the phone.

Worst interview I've had in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why have you switched jobs so much? How could you leave a job without having another one already?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I came in for an in person panel-style interview, it was very casual and very friendly. Then I had a follow-up phone interview. The whole process took 2 months about.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a conflict at work or in an organization?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews and one in person interview. All interviews were typical interview questions. The one thing that could be improved is the length of the interview process, took more than a month.