Citi Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Citi internal website. 2 weeks after applying I received an email invite for the interview. I prepared as much as I could. The interview was a panel style with 2 Assistant Vice Presidents and an Operations Manager. They rotated asking the questions while the others wrote. This was my first panel style interview so I was very nervous. It definitely gave me practice. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get creative to complete a task.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had a video interview for a job in Manhattan, and that was all it took to get the job. I met with 2 people, and the interview only lasted about 45 minutes total. It was rather informal, and I got the job mostly on the strength of my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job as opposed to pursuing a career more closely aligned with my education.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

Phone interview with hr, employee, hiring manager. Then invited for the on-site interviews. Interviewed 6 people, 30 min each. Interviewed with all team members plus most directors or above within the group

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had several telephone interviews with HR manager and the Hiring director, along with making arrangements for the subsequent technology reviews, background checks, and credit checks. This process had been on-going as they had prospected me for a year prior to hiring.

Interview Questions

• Could I do the job? And why was Citi the place for me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

HR is very slow and hard to get ahold of. Hiring process very lengthy and not streamlined at all. Definitely could use improvement in this area. Also no preference is given to internal development.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter, was interviewed by her initially, then had a phone interview with two people, then had a video conference interview with three people. The whole process went quite smoothly and they were very flexible and willing to work around the schedule of the position I held at the time.

Interview Questions

• None really, just questions about my technical background (somewhat technical role), no cases   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a bit and it worked, I had a few other recruiters coming after me so I had leverage

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Got an interview after applying at the corporate career section. The interview was conducted by 2 managers from the group and HR manager. Got an offer within a week

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Back to back four interviews. Be prepared with examples on every bullet from your resume. Give me an example on dealing with a tough client. Walk me through the process on your project from initiation to closure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tough

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, 1st hr interview on telephone, asked about motivation to leave and immigration status. Then was called onsite, met with group manager and different team managers and MD . Asked about previous work experience and education.

Interview Questions

• Bond math, resume based questions, Asked about duration, convexity, cds pricing, basic black scholes formula and its implications   Answer Question
    • Determine relationship between bond yield and price and how do you derive that? Bond math, resume based questions, Asked about duration, convexity, cds pricing, basic black scholes formula and its implications   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviews total. Internal promotion. Typical STAR format questions. The whole process probably took about two months. Same interview packet for each interview however each section has 3 different questions that can be asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with another employee, what was it and how did you handle it.   Answer Question