Citi Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5,218 of over 5.2K interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Citi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi in Oct 2020

Interview

double zoom interview, one with technical questions and the other more motivational, related to personal experience and education. Two people interviewing in each, very friendly and professional. Definitely a good interview experience, much oriented towards understanding the personality

Interview Questions
  • Case study on a client from a specific industry Credit related questions bank profitability
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi

Interview

Citi keeps outsourced executives to interact with candidates. Mostly, they do not have any information of Job Description. Also, whatever JD they keeps on job portal are just copy paste from similar kind of positions published in past and not exactly what position demands. I have attended interviews for couple of positions and even reached till last rounds of few positions. But, after last round executive updated about negative feedback when contacted them after tones of unsuccessful tries. I would like to share two incidents here, 1) After clearing first round of interview by VP and SVP level, 2nd round interview was scheduled which was last round as per executive. At scheduled time, neither interviewer join the call nor executive had updated any change in schedule. When I called executives, he mentioned that it was holiday...this was ridiculous. Eventually, meeting rescheduled. when I joined the zoom call, I found there was another discussion going on within lots of Citi employees. I immediately logged out. I tried again after 5 mins and found that discussion was still not completed. Lastly, in 3rd attempt I found interviewer joined the call. After some introductory phase, interviewer asked me about who took earlier interviews of mine? I updated names of them. After that he did not ask any question which required to calibrate my capability and within 10-12 mins in total he concluded the discussion. I approached to executive about feedback and he updated 'negative'. 2) After few days I got call from another executive for another VP level position. That executive was not aware of JobID/job description/Hiring Manager. But executive had scheduled the interview. Interview started as per schedule through zoom call and one lady joined from Citi. During initial 1-2 sentences, I could realize that interviewer was not fit for the job. She asked me to write silly java code. Till the time I open Eclipse , she asked to write one SQL query. When I asked her, should I write java code first or SQL ? she replied "you can write SQL along with java code". This has shattered my trust on Citi's recruitment process. I have few friends in Citi. When I shared this experience with them, one of friend who was knowing that lady told me interviewer was not from development background (lady was from testing background) and her capability was also questionable. So, a non-capable person was trying to evaluate on technologies of almost 20 years’ experienced person that too in hard core technologies. The height of stupidity is , that lady was asking to write silly java code to such candidate. There were few more information I got from my friends. In Citi to promote any employee, first they create one position. And, just to show off they conducts few rounds of interview of few applicants. Finally, they make successful to whom this position was created. So, If you think that you have performed great in all the interviews though you were rejected. Don’t be demotivated, you were interviewed just not to select.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I interviewed at Citi

Interview

Got an email from HR saying they will give me a phone interview, and ask for my time availability. Then no matter how many times you replied (even after using another email and also asking my internal friend to communicate), still got totally no response. I mean, when you invited someone for something and then disappeared with no words left no matter how anxious your candidate is, that's at least not quite respectful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi

Interview

Video interview which led to nothing. Unfair towards people who do not come from an Ivy League school. Very unfortunate. Try at another firm that is not so picky. lol lol lol lol lol

2 people found this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi

Interview

There were 2 rounds. First was technical round and second was HR round. In first round, questions on OOPS were asked. Also, because my resume mentioned github, some basic questions related to git and github were asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi

Interview

Went on the interview with two interviewers. It was full one hour interview. Some easy questions and some hard questions. A few follow ups. Focus on past experience and core technical challenges

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I interviewed at Citi

Interview

Group interview which testing your analysis skill and reports your insight based on the provided material. Then you have 3 mins to present your idea. And 1 mins for the Q n A session.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I interviewed at Citi

Interview

Met Citi at a school event and I stayed in touch. I reached out a few months later and the recruiter asked for a phone call. We chatted and he explained the program and what they’re looking for. I thought it over and decided to apply. The interview was straight forward and very pleasant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi

Interview

I was selected for the EID program and made it to super day, recruiter was absolutely amazing and interviewer was extremely nice as well, felt more like a chat than a super strict interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Citi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi in May 2021

Interview

Very easy process to learn about the position and learn about each other. When hiring managers are interviewing you, you are also interviewing them. Hope this tip helps. I withdrew my application after talking to the direct manager. It's not the team environment I'm looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Pune)

Interview

Very disappointing experience ! Even though I am having 2.5 yrs of relevant experience , HR shortlisted my profile for a position which required minimum 5 yrs relevant experience and also shared an incorrect job description via mail. Moreover, the lady who took the interview was very rude and arrogant. She was just asking random questions from various technologies and expecting me to answer instantly. On many occasions, she abruptly interrupted and said "thats not the right answer, lets move to different question" when I was explaining my approach. Interviewer was in extreme hurry and I was asked almost 20 questions in the 20-25 mins interview. I was really hoping for a much better experience than this from CITI, but both the HR and Interviewer were too horrible and hence I believe it was a total waste of time and efforts !

Interview Questions
  • Spring Boot , Java 8 concepts , Collections , Advanced SQL , Batch Processing , UI framework , 2 coding problem statements etc
Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,218 Interviews