Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,897 Interview Reviews

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Total waste of time. Interviewers are looking for employees who will make them look good, fearful of losing their positions by engaging with qualified candidates. (High turnover/job losses due to merger)

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Basically nothing substantive   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with manager and other paralegals individually. Beautiful and relaxed environment. Asked questions regarding my work experience with scanning documents and organization skills. Gave a review of a typical work day with examples of scanning; how I decided which folder documents went into and what volume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience scanning?   1 Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I placed my resume online and the assistant emailed me and asked if I would like to submit my resume to her then the hiring assistant called me interviewed to do a phone interview she liked my answers so she scheduled me for a formal interview face to face with the hiring manager. The manager hiring me within 10 minutes into my interview she gave me an offer which I did accept it right away..

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my job history and what I like most about my previous jobs and what I liked least. Then She asked why did I want to work for Citibank and what I would bring to the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

3 separate 1:1 interviews with managing directors of the company. One was asking about leadership competences, second one more about technical skills and the last one primarily was focusing on personality.
    Be prepared to give specific examples and do not over-complicate.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you lead a team, what were the challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Long and drawn out w/ multiple informational interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about working capital and its affect on valuation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Campus interview, which was 2:1; then a day of interviews in NYC with various members of the group at all different levels. Most of the questions were behavioral - asked about past work experiences, how work is relevant to the job, etc. I was asked a couple of basic finance 101 questions, but nothing too severe. Overall a pretty relaxed interview process

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was on campus with a Current Associate. The second round was a back to back series of interviews in NY. There I interviewed with current associates, HR representatives and senior managers.
    I do not recall specific interview questions but all the interviews were behavioral. There was also a small case about current challenges for the business.

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Amherst, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and through a referral who also received my application. Called back about a week later for a phone call with a VP and to schedule an interview. The interview was straight forward, the usual tell me about yourself...strengths/weaknesses hardly any technical questions which was a little odd. Overall, the interviewers felt aloof and disconnected to reality, and I didn't leave with a positive impression of employees and the Amherst offices. Got a call another week later saying they would like to hire me. Went over compensation packages and declined almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• What is bond duration? (not difficult, but relative to the questions asked)   1 Answer

Salary is LOW

Associate Interview

Interview

One round interview with very basic questions`

Interview Questions

• some options and mutual fund quesitons. nothing too hard   Answer Question