Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017
2,298 Interview Reviews

2.9

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a first round phone interview where some basic behavioral and technical questions were asked. Then I was invited to NYC for a super day which consists of a math (half an hour) and programming test (one hour), then followed by 4 face to face interviews. Overall the people are great and chill, very nice experience.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online at the end of July 2017 for an iOS position based in LIC. Received an email two days later from a citi recruiter to schedule a phone interview with another person. I scheduled it within the next 48 hours. The interview seemed to be outsourced and ended speaking in the phone for 1 hour. Most questions were technical and easy ios questions so get to know your typical ios development questions. Interviewer was a foreigner and sometimes hard to understand. Also, not friendly..it was 1 hour non-stop questions. At the end, I ended up asking my questions about the team, ios work and company. I was not given the person's title or email so at the end, communications was to be between citi recruiter and I. For this reason, I sent my thank you email to the recruiter and a follow up days later. I received no replies. When I inquired again about my job status a week later, I was ignored again. Now, I was not expecting this from such a company like Citi. At least, it would look more professional if I get a rejection email. I don't expect that kind of behavior from such a big company as Citi! Boring, long, non-personable interview in addition to recruiter's "ghosting" behavior...That behavior alone changed my experience to a negative one.

Interview Questions

• Was is the difference between class vs structs?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I get the on campus interview. One behavior question and the others are all about math and probability. From what I remembered: calculate the conditional probability; Fibonacci number; clock angle.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

A screening phone interview. Told me about Citi and explained the job description in detail. Explained why they were interested in my resume. Then asked a few basic phone interview questions.

AML Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied through a hiring agency. Did an interview with the recruiter. Then was contacted by Citi and had an interview with two team leaders. They called back in a couple of days and said I got the job.

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone and in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were significantly better than the phone interviews. One interviewer seemed to have made his decision about me before the interview even started, so it was unpleasant. The rest of the interviewers were great and people I would love to work with. The HR rep overseeing my case was excellent.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

A phone and a skype interview. Everything was direct with the Technical team. Recruitment review was done prior to my interview. Felt comfortable and very flexible throughput the process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Straightforward simple review of resume with a couple questions. Seemed more on the side on just meeting me as a person more than an interview. I interviewed with a panel who each had their turn to talk to me.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

One-on-one interview. Interview was completed in closed office. Typical five interview questions. All questions were based on previous job experience. Hiring manager was new to department had a hard time explaining what new employees would be doing. Currently a newer department that still is being worked out what they do and how they handle things.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle that customer? What was the outcome of the call?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

5 to 10 mins talking interview and everything just shows how the manger had more power and ability to handle this bank...................... I just said whatever i need answer.

Interview Questions

• when i came interview, he asked my profit. asked me did you know what is their Citibank profit and did you understand what is banking? I just applied for a little teller, asked me what you understand their bank everything. and the manger shows how he had more power and ability to handle this bank.   1 Answer