Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Citi – ICG Technology, Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

2 Rounds of Technical Interviews. One was on campus with one hiring manager. The second was a superday which consisted of a case study, technical written assessment and 2 rounds of technical assessments

Model Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

30min with hiring manager, 30min with head of department; no feedback by now;
    what is VAR, what is its limitation
    what is OLS assumptions
    what is main part of model validation
    what is your location preference
    what is your long term goal

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

interviewed during a recruiting event, met with three people. they were all from different functions of business. overall pretty easy going people and pretty professional. received an offer a week later through a phone call

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied to join Citi as a summer analyst in late 2016. I had an on-site interview with two 30 minute rounds (half behavioral, half technical), then a 3 hour Super Day at HQ.

Cloud Architect Interview

Interview

The Interview process was pretty moderate compared to other large organizations. I would say the interviewer was in a decent mood-- he made a lot of small talk and ended up asking few detailed questions.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I participated in their Early ID Program and, after successful completion, was recommended by my mentor for an interview with investment banking group. I then scheduled interview times with HR and interviewed with two analysts in different coverage groups.

Interview Questions

• What is the Beta of a coin flip?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

for the first round i did a phone interview the guy was mean and then in-person superday in nyc for the sophomore leadership program with three different mds from different branches

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was set by a recruiter, I was interviewed by 3 people. The questions seemed simple and straight forward. They were concerned primarily about excel and that was just about it. I was a little taken aback by the panel interview via phone and wasn't expecting an offer but they sent an offer. I requested 24 hours to discuss the job with my wife and they rescinded the offer because they wanted an instantaneous decision which was a red flag for me so I will not be pursuing employment with Citi again.

Equity Research Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

HR and Equity Research team was very accommodating and helpful throughout the process. I did a first-round phone interview followed by three video one-on-one interviews for the Super Day. Great firm, great people, and the interviews were fun and enjoyable. Each interview was largely conversational with some markets/ technicals here and there.

Interview Questions

• Pitch me a stock.
      How did you find your price target for the stock you're pitching?
      What are you following in the markets?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Colossal waste of time. Spent 4 hours interviewing with various levels of practitioners over a few weeks. Scripted interview questions from the team but the recruiter was quite skilled and crafty with keeping me interested by providing exaggeratedly positive feedback. Felt like a bait and switch in the end as I think they already had an internal candidate lined up.

Interview Questions

Interview

Mix of behavioral and technical questions. There was also a case study but you have an hour to prepare for it. Technical and behavioral questions were not too hard. Overall a good experience.