Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2018
2,992 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview consisted of Panel interview sessions. Scheduling can be challenging so be patience. If remote, the interview will be via video conference call.

Interview Questions

• All questions were scenario based. For example. candidates should be able to explain SWOT questions. In addition, be prepared to discuss situations where you failed and where you have succeeded.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Total waste of time. Interviewers are looking for employees who will make them look good, fearful of losing their positions by engaging with qualified candidates. (High turnover/job losses due to merger)

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Basically nothing substantive   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with manager and other paralegals individually. Beautiful and relaxed environment. Asked questions regarding my work experience with scanning documents and organization skills. Gave a review of a typical work day with examples of scanning; how I decided which folder documents went into and what volume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience scanning?   1 Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I placed my resume online and the assistant emailed me and asked if I would like to submit my resume to her then the hiring assistant called me interviewed to do a phone interview she liked my answers so she scheduled me for a formal interview face to face with the hiring manager. The manager hiring me within 10 minutes into my interview she gave me an offer which I did accept it right away..

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my job history and what I like most about my previous jobs and what I liked least. Then She asked why did I want to work for Citibank and what I would bring to the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

applied online and a week later was contacted for interviews. Interviewed with HR first round and then second round with 5 people ranging from VP to 3 MD's. after another week i was contacted again with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain your resume in detail, how does your experience relate to this job, where do you want to be in 5 years, why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The initial interviews were with senior managers who sit off-site, but were otherwise straightforward. Since I was an internal candidate, questions about the company's products, practices, etc. were dispensed with in favor of discussing why I was interested in transferring from one area of the company to another. The second-round interview was in-person with another team member who asked mostly about my work style and seemed intent on determining whether my personality would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable communicating with upper management?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with HR, my supervisor, and three bankers. Interviews were surprisingly relaxed, but I new my supervisor well, and he highly recommended me. The firm was accommodating and allowed for telephone interviews when travel was inconvenient.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Came in out of business school. Interviewed for a desk on fixed income desk. Met people in the group. Asked me about my background. Process wasn't that long, but this was a hire outside of the normal associates program.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

one interview, spoke with a recruiter via phone. He set me up with an in person interview. The interview consisted of a VP and SVP interview. Each lasted about 20 minutes. I felt very confident leaving the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Second round was two on one. Both were a mix of behavioral and technical,with heavy weight towards fit and why-Citi. First round was more technical. Networking is beneficial and so is a clear concise story for the career path you are interviewing for. Citi values its global network, its people, and it's international brand among other aspects