Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017
2,200 Interview Reviews

2.9

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

About 10-15 minutes long, in managers office. My interview was with the assistant manager because the manager was on vacation. She was very friendly and asked some questions about myself, my education, and past work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficult customer service situation have you ever had in a work related setting?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled well and the recruiter/ coordinator gave a brief explain about the interview, which helped me be well prepared. The interview was mixed with both behavioral and tech questions.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed with Branch manager, assistant branch manager and head teller.
    The interview was average. They asked me about my customer service experiences.
    What is your plan for next five years?

Interview Questions

• Q:What is your cash handling experience?
      Q:How will your education and work experience help you be successful in this position?
      Q:Tell me about how you handle a difficult customer?
      Answer Question

Operational Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

1) Applied
    2) Got a phone call to set up an interview
    3) interview a couple days letter that last approximately 3o min.
    Explained the job, asked a few questions, then asked if I had any questions

Collections Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Citi is not a military friendly employer. I am currently serving in the reserve. I applied online for a collection representative position in Jacksonville FL on 5/30/17. Received a phone call from a recruiter in Tampa FL. I was scheduled for an on site interview in Jacksonville. The interview went well, atleast I thought it did. Two weeks later, I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position. I applied for another customer service position a few days after. Had the phone interview and another on-site interview and still was not offered a position. Their customer service positions only require a HS diploma. I have a Bachelors in Business Administration.

Getting rejected twice by Citi, I was starting to lose confidence in myself. I questioned myself, what am I doing wrong. But in the military, we never quit. I applied for a similar position at another financial institution and was offered the position in the same week.

I truly believe I was denied a position at Citi for being a reservist.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Email asking my availability, then prompt response to schedule phone interview, then within a week received another email to schedule in person interview with hiring manager. One week waiting now for decision.

Interview Questions

• Past experience in the field.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Got phone interview first. After 3 days, I got the phone call from the Branch Manager.
    The Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager interview me. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

One phone interview, followed by a super day of 3-6 interview in one day. HR is very efficient and gets back to you in around 3 - 4 weeks. Usually 1 very hard interviewer who just wants to test how much you really know and wants to make you feel happy to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many people in Finland own skiis.   1 Answer

Client Service Administrator Advisor/Communications - Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with two people and they asked me about my experience of In-depth knowledge of securities products, systems and policies in handling financial advisors requests. They asked me what I did to prepare for the interview and I told them I brushed up on some of knowledge pertaining to structured notes and some others.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the thing you could tell me about yourself that you would like to improve.   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The whole interview process was nice and friendly. The recruiter was nice. But unfortunately I did not get the offer at the end. But it was still a good practice.