Disney English Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney English

Sort:

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney English (Anderson, SC) in September 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was very polite and asked questions about why I wanted to work in the Walt Disney World family. She also asked job based questions and asked what experience I had had with WDW in the past.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Walt Disney World company?   Answer Question

Foreign Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney English in June 2011.

Interview

I was referred through a friend who found the job posted on Craigslist. I submitted my resume directly through a recruiter and was hired within a week of interviewing. I started with the company about 6 months later. It takes time to get a visa for China (and tons of paperwork) so Disney typically recruits 3 months out. Also, most people that were in training with me in China had their start date pushed back by 2-4 weeks because of visa issues so keep that in mind when applying.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience working/living abroad
      Asked about teaching experience/ages you're comfortable working with
      Asked about culture shock and how you adapt to change   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is no negotiation. The salary is pretty much the same for each person. You do get a bit more per month if you already have a TEFL, but otherwise you get a little less and they pay for your TEFL-C course.

Anonymous Employee in North Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Disney English (North Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

the whole interview process was very smooth and easy. recently they may have added a pre interview profile quiz. the 1on1 takes place through Skype with a Disney employment recruiter. my feeling was that they were mostly interested in your teaching strengths and ease in the company of young children. the visa requirements will be challengling to complete, but isn't that always the case.

Interview Questions

• there weren't any that I recall being all that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

it never hurts to counter-offer; they are most likely low-balling you.

Foreign Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney English in March 2013.

Interview

If, after applying, you meet the qualifications, you will be sent an email linking you to answer additional questions. Once this is accomplished you will then be scheduled for a Skype interview. It was pretty straight forward and took about an hour to complete. Be sure to do some research on the history of Disney English before the interview as they will most likely ask you questions about this.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple questions asking how you would handle certain classroom situations. Pretty basic stuff but remember you will be in an overseas environment and the culture requires a different decorum unlike that found in the states.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney English (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

After applying online, if you proceed, you are provided with a detailed questionnaire to fill out. If you make it past that stage, you will have two Skype interview with a Foreign trainer recruiter. They ask you questions about your teaching style, and they give you about a week or so to decide once you receive your offer. Very friendly and professional interviewers and recruiters.

Interview Questions

• When you're feeling burnt out while abroad, what would you do? How do you handle days when you feel like you don't want to do the job anymore?   1 Answer

I decided to hold out on other opportunities in the US. Also family/personal reasons; it sounded like a great offer tough.. I may apply again at the beginning of next year. Sounds like a good company to work for and a great experience abroad!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disney English (Denton, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Very timely process...about a week long...applied online, if they are interested at that point, they will send you an inventory/survey--web based--Strongly Agree, Strongly Disagree kinda questionnaire. If you "pass", then will email as request for a Skye interview.
    All in all the process was organized, quick and the Skype interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• In China, the parents are demanding and they remind you the parents are the people you are to impress. Not your students. Which leads to the question...what do you do with the discipline problems? It's not a difficult question, but it made me wonder are these children really a big discipline problem and you can't really do anything about it because you can't upset the parents.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney English (Cape Canaveral, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online after receiving an email notification about jobs related to education, or I would have never even applied to Disney English. It helps to fill out the online profiles on websites such as monster or indeed.com

Interview Questions

• What is something you could teach to children learning English?   1 Answer

Foreign Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney English in January 2014.

Interview

First, you must meet the minimum requirements in order to even move on to the next steps - when applying online, make sure to check the boxes regarding education correctly or you will automatically recieve a "No Longer in Consideration" email. If you meet the minimun requirements, you will likely be invited to complete a web-based interview which consists of several scenarios where you choose how you would react - this is timed, and basically is meant to act as a personality test. If you pass this, you will recieve an email to set up a skype interview. This can happen in a matter of days if you are qualified!

Interview Questions

• How would you handled a parents with unrealistic expectations?   Answer Question
    • A questions about culture/language diversity: share an example of an experience...   Answer Question
    • What is your expereince with co-teaching? How would you approach a co-taught classroom?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disney English (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy if you prepare got offered the same week just smile and answer the questions honestly with enthusiasm. Ask questions also about the program and know all the background history of it too

Interview Questions

• Do you have patience and energy level this job requires   1 Answer

Foreign Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney English.

Interview

I had submitted an application online and then was contacted to move forward and have a Skype interview. The recruiter asked me several questions about why I wanted to work overseas and my history in education and if I had any experience teaching ESL. I mentioned having camp counselor experience and that seemed to be beneficial at the time.

Interview Questions

• Previous history delivering pre planned curriculum   1 Answer

Negotiation

na