Disney Interactive Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (North Hollywood, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position via the company's website I got an email from the recruiter asking to set up a phone interview with one of the marketing directors - the communication between the recruiter and I was pretty easy and the set up and confirmation was done within a 2 day span.

The phone interview with the Director lasted between 45 min to an hour -- discussing the position and my experiences. She said she was "impressed" with my experiences, so she extended an invitation for me to meet the other directors.

The process to set up the 1:1 interviews was when I realized the lack of communication between the departments. I emailed the recruiter and director my "thank you" emails saying I was looking forward to coming in, except when I got a reply email from the recruiter he mentioned he was never informed the interview had concluded or an invitation was extended to me. After what I considered a little miscommunication was cleared up, the recruiter said he would get back to me once the schedule of everyone I'd be interviewing with was aligned. After a week I began to wonder why I hadn't heard from anyone, so I shoot a follow-up email to the recruiter, and yes, he completely FORGOT he needed to setup a schedule for me to interview. And by that point, I had been pawned over to his assistant to set up and arrange the meetings.

The day of the interview was also disorganized. When I got to the office my name was not on the visitors list, so a couple of calls needed to be made for verification. I was informed to wait for the assistant recruiter who would greet me, go over my schedule for the day, and introduce me to the directors, except neither the recruiter nor is assistant showed - not before the interviews, the breaks between the interviews or after the interviews. I never met them. And it didn't help the directors didn't know the planned schedule.

The interview was scheduled to last 2 1/2 hours, but lasted 1 1/2 hrs, because 2 of the directors were too busy due to a meeting they "must" attend - those interviews lasted 15 mins with them going over the position AGAIN. I clearly knew what the position was and with the limited time they had you'd think they'd ask me questions past "which website besides disney.com do you think is executed effectively?".

My interview concluded with one of the director who looked like she hated her job and the people she worked with. Keep in mind, this is the director I had the phone interview with. She mentioned it was a difficult company to work for, a company were the people wouldn't think twice of throwing a colleague under the bus. She also mentioned how disorganized things could be, and sometimes it was difficult to identify who to contact with a certain request. This process made me think twice on whether I'd accept an offer if one was made. Honestly, I would have simply because in reality Disney looks good on a resume. After my last interview, the hating director walked me to the lobby and told me a decision would be made in a week because it's a position they were looking to fill ASAP, therefore they will contact me accordingly.

I knew I didn't get it, because after a week and half of trying to reach out to the directors and the recrutier on the decision I was ignored. No email. No phone call. No post mail. No pigeons. No cloud notes. Nothing.

Interview Questions

• What website besides Disney.com do you think is executed effectively?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview

Met with a handful of people from the team I would be joining in small panel interviews, went to lunch. We discussed the project I would be working on, and I was asked to provide some ideas on how I would improve on similar projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were given a deadline that seemed unreasonable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Redmond, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with basic C++ knowledge, then in-person interview with 5 people. Some algorithm and programming testing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying on the Disney position for a position of Software Engineer. The recruiter missed calling me 3 times. had to reschedule the call times because of that. After finally conversing with him, I was scheduled for a technical phone interview.

The Engineer had rescheduled the call 5 times citing useless reasons as forgot to call, team lunch got extended, was not notified by the recruiter and so on. None of the reasons were legitimate. Finally, when we got to talk, I cleared the phone screen and was invited for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was no different. Nobody knew I was scheduled for an interview and had to wait for 75 minutes before anybody could talk to me. The interview went well and I was offered the job. But, following my interview experiences I decided to decline the offer for obvious reasons. Nobody seemed interested in the work and nobody was serious. I would not want to work for such company where the work is NOT serious and NOT organized to any extent.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were tough. Was asked to write a crawler, implement powerset algorithm, design a an elevator system for a gaming framework.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios in July 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first was with a recruiter asking surprisingly specific questions to the job description to really narrow down qualified candidates. The latter were with the actual manager and team.

Interview Questions

• No programming questions were specifically asked. A lot of concepts were covered.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Offer was accepted without negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It was a thorough interview, I spent about 4 to 5 hours there with multiple teams, from Directors to the team I would work with.
    They assessed my skills as well as my persona compatibility for the team.

Interview Questions

• Did I like videogames and which I played? (This was relevant as this studio develops mobile videogames)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First talked to several different recruiters. The recruiters based out of Seattle are AWESOME. This was the best part. Then, I had a phone screen with the manager which went well. After that, I had a almost 3 hour highly technical phone screen. This was HORRIBLE and the worst way to do it. i mentioned multiple times that I lived close and could come in for a long technical interview but they wanted to do it over the phone. I answered the questions well and followed up on anything I could not answer. After 2 hours though, my brain was fried and I had trouble continuing to answer. Bad interview process. They did not continue with the process. I feel if I had been brought in, I would have done much better (which I did awesome on other interviews and got multiple job offers).

Interview Questions

• How many fire hydrants are there in Los Angeles County?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was long but I really enjoyed it. They wrote a big welcome message for me on the wall which made me fell more comfortable.

I interviewed 8 people. 2 at a time. Everyone was nice and they didn't try to give me hard time.

Interview Questions

• Why are ou applying to this job?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. After an initial phone screen, I proceeded to in-office interviews where I met three people (manager, director, senior exec.). Heard back about an offer within a few days after the onsite/final round. Overall, the process was very well managed - the recruiter was very responsive and I signed my offer letter 2-3 weeks after starting the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios in October 2015.

Interview

I actually interviewed at Disney Interactive multiple times across a couple semesters. The recruiting process is extremely lengthy and disorganized. In all occurrences, my recruiters were extremely slow to get back to me, and the decision from onsite (all times having reached the onsite round) took a month. Multiple times the recruiters told me a decision would be made during one week when it wasn't (the most recent time, a week turned into a month). The first time I interviewed with Disney Interactive I provided them with a hard deadline I needed to meet (due to having to withdraw from school that semester to accept a position in the case I received it) and they cut it extremely close, telling me an answer about a week before I would supposedly be starting. I could not say at any time did I find the process particularly enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Generic product and design questions, nothing too difficult really.   Answer Question