Disney Interactive Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney Interactive Studios Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.9

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview

They brought me in for three interviews, after which I sent two follow-up emails but didn't hear back for almost two months. They then called me and asked if I could start in a week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It was a thorough interview, I spent about 4 to 5 hours there with multiple teams, from Directors to the team I would work with.
    They assessed my skills as well as my persona compatibility for the team.

Interview Questions

• Did I like videogames and which I played? (This was relevant as this studio develops mobile videogames)   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Four separate interview sessions, over phone and in person. Lengthy process. Good open discussions. Talked to people individually over a series of phone screen, and later one-on-one in person in the Glendale offices. Talked a lot about prior experience. Focus was mostly on how to work together with different kinds of people - artists, creative staff, and production management.

Interview Questions

• What technology areas were of most concern when producing games.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Presented with offer, there was no negotiation.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview as first round, followed up with an onsite interview. Got invited to 3rd round but i dropped as i got another offer.

Overall process is pretty standard, the office environement is also very nice.

Graduate Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter approached our college placement department. Had two telephonic interviews - one with the recruiter and another with the vice president of the team I was recruited in. My interview was for a specialist position in HR so questions centered around that. Both interviews were conversational and consisted of discussion about the skills acquired from my previous experiences, background and few informal behavioral questions.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was long but I really enjoyed it. They wrote a big welcome message for me on the wall which made me fell more comfortable.

I interviewed 8 people. 2 at a time. Everyone was nice and they didn't try to give me hard time.

Interview Questions

• Why are ou applying to this job?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR on Thursday to schedule an interview. Details and interviewer info all notified. Phone interview the next Monday. The producer did the interview by himself. Pretty brief and smooth. An on-stie interview in the following week. A group of 3 interviewers- 1 producer, 1 lead artist and 1 HR. Questions on previous work exp first, then some industry trend related questions. It took about an hour. Offer sent in the same week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First talked to several different recruiters. The recruiters based out of Seattle are AWESOME. This was the best part. Then, I had a phone screen with the manager which went well. After that, I had a almost 3 hour highly technical phone screen. This was HORRIBLE and the worst way to do it. i mentioned multiple times that I lived close and could come in for a long technical interview but they wanted to do it over the phone. I answered the questions well and followed up on anything I could not answer. After 2 hours though, my brain was fried and I had trouble continuing to answer. Bad interview process. They did not continue with the process. I feel if I had been brought in, I would have done much better (which I did awesome on other interviews and got multiple job offers).

Interview Questions

• How many fire hydrants are there in Los Angeles County?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

They first had a telephonic round. Once I cleared it, I was called for the 1:1 interview. They were very professional. There were 3 personal rounds. All from the Quality team, Director and 2 others from the QA team.

Interview Questions

• Why should we offer you this job   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult/challenging time in your project. how did you over come it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people during a 3 round period (2 FaceTime calls and 3 phone interviews). Every person I spoke with was incredibly kind and engaged. I highly recommend doing your research beforehand so you feel comfortable discussing the opportunity and what you can bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you've faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question