Furniture Row Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Furniture Row Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.6

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed in person with store manager. Filled out another Application. Process was almost painless. Manager was very nice and understanding. I have no prior furniture sales experience, which he was glad of.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row in July 2016.

Interview

They ask about who you are and what you like to do. The problem is they do not care. I was asked about my childhood and time in the military along with everything about my family. They forgot to call me and tell me that the next interview was canceled because I did not want to relocate. I just moved here and during the first interview it was discussed in great detail as to why I moved here. I explained I have family and a strong friendship network here and wanted to start at the bottom and work my way up if possible. I was not there to take anyone's job. I just wanted a new career to where I could support my family. I went in for an interview with the store manager only to meet him and tell me the assistant manager should have called me to cancel. It is sad that leadership cannot communicate and that they have no integrity.

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO).

Interview

The most invasive interview I have ever experienced. They asked illegal questions and made it a point to tell me about the founders religion. Then I had to go to 2 other interviews in different parts of the city.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past drug usage, relationships with my family, why I wasn't married. They even asked me about my religion. I wouldn't go back to this store to shop if they were the only place in the city that sold oxygen.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (New York, NY).

Interview

3 step interview process...
    All 3 interviews will go a little more in depth about family (this company is very big on family relationships)
    Make sure that you have positive things to say about that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your relationship with your family.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO).

Interview

Three step interview process. Was a great opportunity to learn more and get to know what the job really would be like. Interview was very casual and fun. I felt comfortable in all three interviews. I felt the interviewers were sincerely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to know who I was as a person. My education or experience didn't matter so much.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Sherman, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Stupid. I had to do 3 different interviews. I was then told to put my two weeks in, I had the job. After that I had zero communication. I called 5 times and went in the store 3 times before they told me my actual start date.
    VERY INVASIVE. I was told they would talk to my previous landlords, friends, all previous employers, even neighbors. Wanted to know very intimate details about every aspect of my life.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done drugs in your entire life? Even experimented? How is your relationship with each of your parents? Why are they that way? Why are you with your husband? If I call your neighbors what would they say? Tell me why you don't have children.

by the way- if you tell them that the questions feel invasive they will get VERY offended.
      Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a very extensive interview process. i started at a job fair which landed me an interview with the district manager. After your interview with the district manager there are two more interviews that you have to go through. one with a cooperate entity and then another with the manager that you will be working with. background needs to be clean and they are very strict with drug and alcohol policies.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future of this company?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (North Little Rock, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long interviews there are 2 to 3. You meet one on one with the manager of the department and you will also meet one on one with the district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selma, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Selma, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with selling I've got 10 years and still didn't get hired. I got a lot of car business skills and plus the quality of people look like the rejects so if anyone is considering furniture row just go ahead and pass you can do better

Interview Questions

• Are my parents still married. Do you have any kids. What does integrity mean to you. Who are your role models. Whole process is screwed up   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Wichita Falls, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Two pronged interview process. First the assistant manager/manager, then the regional manager. They ask you about your personality and may ask you about whether or not you know about the company's history

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer   1 Answer