Furniture Row Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

It's very detailed and thorough. They want to get to know you on a more personal level to understand your personality and lifestyle. The interview felt more like a conversation and made me feel less nervous. There is a second interview with upper management and that was more formal but in the end they just wanted to get to know me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

3 interview process. You go through the manager, then assistant, then regional manager. The company wants to learn if you have the personality to sell, and how you are at building relationships in your life. There will also be questions on drug history and driving record. The key thing is just be honest, don't try to hide anything and you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Terre Haute, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

It was a 3 step interview, one with the assistant manager, one with the store manager, and one with the regional manager. The one thing that they stress is relocation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The 2nd interview is done by the DM. This person asked illegal ?s. Even asked about childhood friends and family members that had nothing to do w/the job.

Interview Questions

• Who was your best friend growing up. Where do they live?
      Why did you get divorced?
      Mulitple inappropriate ?s, comments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We are offering the position for $$$. Call back to discuss start date.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row in December 2012.

Interview

As many have pointed out here, a furniture row interview is weird. After being in management there, I can tell you why. They figure their ideal candidate came from a stable home life and has a positive role model (teacher, parent, sibling, coach, etc.) They will not hire anybody with recent drug use, felonies/jail time or most misdemeanors, and they avoid people with backgrounds in bars and car sales. The interview is indeed lengthy, because they want to watch you. They believe if you are answering a question and your eyes move left then it suggests you're lying. No joke. The owner has relatives in some gvt intelligence agency and they claim that's where this practice originates. They will not check previous employers and I never heard of anyone who had to drug test, but if you are hired and they later discover dishonesty during the hiring phase, you may be dismissed. Overall, though, the probing personal questions are not difficult to answer unless you came in all psyched for the usual interview stuff like 'what's your greatest strength'.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Ok just very long and kinda invasive

Interview Questions

• They ask alot about drugs and criminal activity. We are trained to ask these a certain way so they are legal but easily can be viewed as illegal   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Three interviews. Assistant Manager, Sales Manager, and Reg. Manager. The interviews were all very comfortable and relaxed. They wanted to get to know me and not just my qualifications. They wanted to make sure I fit the culture of the company. The interview proccess felt smooth and effortless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotioation needed.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2008.

Interview

Furniture Row has a 3 step interview process. You will interview with the assitant manager, store manager, and regional manager. This process sometimes takes a long time. Be honest in your interview, they will do an extensive back ground check, and you are subject to urine screen. If you are hired they have god training pay and will prepare you for furniture sales.

Interview Questions

• They ask alot of personal questions. It's not your typical interview   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (New York, NY).

Interview

3 step interview process...
    All 3 interviews will go a little more in depth about family (this company is very big on family relationships)
    Make sure that you have positive things to say about that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your relationship with your family.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview(s) were long and personal. The interviewers are very skilled at getting to the core of who you are and are very good at detecting if your aren't being truthful. They endear themselves to you quickly and make it feel like a conversation with a friend. They are highly interested in integrity and honesty regarding past mistakes or poor choices.
    Unusual personal questions about your life will throw you off guard and if not prepared, one will themselves telling their life story.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you smoked pot? (It is assumed that you have)   Answer Question
    • Who had the most impact on your life and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The program is set. there is no negotiation.