GE Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step was a short 30 minute phone screen. This was followed by an in-person interview. I was flown out, expenses paid by GE. First was a 5 minute presentation that included technical questions and about me. The rest of the morning was spent doing 30 minute behavioral interviews with 5 different people, followed by a short group exercise with the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a technical problem, how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I had six back to back interviews mostly leadership team, some of them were trying to just know me and some had typical question about taking risk or managing challenges. overall was easy specially because I did internship before there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed?how did you handle it?
      What is the biggest challenge that you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

For this program they mostly hire only interns anymore. They interview us during the summer before school starts of our last year. It usually changes up every year but this year, we had a 5 minute presentation on a project we have done. Then had two half hour interviews one for HR and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked interested technical questions about projects that I have done in the past   1 Answer

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview when I was a freshmen. I was threw off when the recruiter first asked me if I had any questions for her. As she was taking notes, I was thinking about any question that I could ask her. Eventually, the whole interview process was all about me asking her questions. Towards the end, I asked her if she had any question for me. She, then, asked me to introduce myself. It was not a pleasant interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Consisted of 5 interviews in one day. Primarily behavioral type questions asked. One of the interviews was technical. After taking these interviews they informed individuals within 2 weeks if they they got the position .

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this position? What are you strengths, weaknesses? Leadership & Customer focus type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't think you can negotiate the base salary coming into the EEDP. It's based on competitor salaries. I recall every year the base salary slightly increased.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted last minute by the GE recruiter to interview for the job. I am a dual degree of ME and Business, this turned them off. The interviewer was definitely looking for technical driven people who see this as their calling. Unfortunately, that isn't me. Also, I wanted to work in Energy which wasn't been interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to overcome a surprising twist in a project?   1 Answer

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was just after a few days after applying (and it was the one you need to pass before being invited to the assessment centre. It was an online interview, the questions appeared on the online application, you were given 30 seconds to think the answer and then some time to answer them. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a system?   1 Answer

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Test, Technical Interview and HR Interview
    GE while shortlisting engineering talent at IIT's doesn't care much about the extra-curriculars. And we tend to have a lot of them on our resumes. Would suggest emphasizing the projects done and the impact of those in the resumes.

Interview Questions

• A lot of emphasis on my coursework and Dual Degree Project. Most of the discussion revolved around the DDP and adjacent fields. Apart from the technical details the interviewer curious about the impact that the project would finally create. This, as I understand now, is a requirement for the profile we're hired into.
      Some guys had two rounds of technical interviews but in my case the interviewer after one round had made it very clear that I had got the job. I later understood that most of the people had two rounds and very few had a single round.   1 Answer

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in November 2015.

Interview

Written Test:
    60 aptitute (quant+logical+English n compreh)and 30 technical. 90mins.
    i think they have considered every one above 60 for next round.

Technical Interview:
    1.be perfect with the things you write in the resume.
    2.they ask mostly about your projects (deciding if u utilize it well)
    3.its hard to reject you in HR round, if you do this very well.

KeyNote: : just see their achievements in their website and go , when they ask you “do you have any questions” you can ask them how they achieved it. this atleast gives them the impression that u r interested in the company and did some ground work...This will give edge over others :)

HR interview:
    1. they just test your communication skills, make most of it,portraying your self when they give a chance by asking you the conventional question "tell about yourself".
    2. they will tell some situations and ask you how will you react to such situations.
    3.your hobbies.
    4. what you do in tough situations.

Note:if you have any internship experience, let them know. they prefer people with internship experience.
    if you have any internship experience they will ask some questions on that also. like they will ask which one will you join, your internship conversion offer or GE. justify your ans.

Interview Questions

• What other projects you did
      What is that which motivates to work every day.
      What will you do if you fail, your next steps after failure.
      What are your longterm plans?
      What you know about GE, how does it relate to you.
      You have any questions for us?
      What is real time problem solving in terms of GE   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just follow the above things, keep confidence in your self cheers!!
    wishing you success in your interview!!!
    All the very BEST :) :)

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Two level - Technical round followed by HR round
    Tech leads typically take the initial round, asks about thesis work, projects and internships
    HR asks about what motivates you in your field and why would you want to work with GE

Interview Questions

• Basic numerical techniques, gas dynamics, dissertation work for masters degree   Answer Question