GE Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step was a short 30 minute phone screen. This was followed by an in-person interview. I was flown out, expenses paid by GE. First was a 5 minute presentation that included technical questions and about me. The rest of the morning was spent doing 30 minute behavioral interviews with 5 different people, followed by a short group exercise with the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a technical problem, how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I was interning in the summer and got an interview about 2 days after the application had closed. I had to do a technical presentation and 3 interviews, (Technical, HR, and the last was a somewhat technical/behavioral interview, not sure how to explain it.)

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Consisted of 5 interviews in one day. Primarily behavioral type questions asked. One of the interviews was technical. After taking these interviews they informed individuals within 2 weeks if they they got the position .

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this position? What are you strengths, weaknesses? Leadership & Customer focus type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't think you can negotiate the base salary coming into the EEDP. It's based on competitor salaries. I recall every year the base salary slightly increased.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I had six back to back interviews mostly leadership team, some of them were trying to just know me and some had typical question about taking risk or managing challenges. overall was easy specially because I did internship before there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed?how did you handle it?
      What is the biggest challenge that you had?   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview when I was a freshmen. I was threw off when the recruiter first asked me if I had any questions for her. As she was taking notes, I was thinking about any question that I could ask her. Eventually, the whole interview process was all about me asking her questions. Towards the end, I asked her if she had any question for me. She, then, asked me to introduce myself. It was not a pleasant interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

For this program they mostly hire only interns anymore. They interview us during the summer before school starts of our last year. It usually changes up every year but this year, we had a 5 minute presentation on a project we have done. Then had two half hour interviews one for HR and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked interested technical questions about projects that I have done in the past   1 Answer

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted last minute by the GE recruiter to interview for the job. I am a dual degree of ME and Business, this turned them off. The interviewer was definitely looking for technical driven people who see this as their calling. Unfortunately, that isn't me. Also, I wanted to work in Energy which wasn't been interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to overcome a surprising twist in a project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

It was brief and very formal. The interviewers were nice but they already seemed to have an idea of who they wanted to hire. The interview process was incredibly brief.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE in August 2019.

Interview

Digital interview where I had to record my answers to six questions which was not hard. However, the next round of interviews included a 10 minute presentation and two 30 minute interviews over Skype. The first behavior one was not bad but the second one was technical and challenging. Make sure to know your field well.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe how a gas turbine engine works to a 7 year old?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potsdam, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Potsdam, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

He asked three questions, which he chose from a list of 9. The interview started with introductions then proceeded with the questions and ended with my questions for him. the interview has a time slot for 30 min,

Interview Questions

• what is some surprising information that you have received and what did you do with it?   Answer Question
    • what is a challenging situation that you went through and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question