GE Financial Management Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Management Program Interview

Interview

One 30-minute on-campus interview. It did take them 4 months to give me the offer on paper, but I think GE across the board is known for being a bit slower. They asked basic questions like: Which business would you want to work in? Tell me about a time your manager gave you bad feedback.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions like: Which business would you want to work in? Tell me about a time your manager gave you bad feedback.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career center at my university. I was contacted about a month later to schedule an interview on campus. I heard back the next day. Overall positive experience, sounded like a great opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, applied through a resume collection on our job board. Only made it through the first round, but had a decent experience. Interviewer was very nice, very personable and interested in in the person she was interviewing. Overall okay interview process, there is at least a second round though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had to deal with conflict, and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Financial Management Program () Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

1st round phone interview: behavioral interview over the phone where I was asked a series of questions that built off of each other which allowed the recruiter to understand what you learned from the situation, how you self reflected on challenges and what you would do differently. It's an opportunity to showcase accomplishments you've had in groups as well as individuals, and your attitude. Showing your willingness and excitement to learn, ability to adapt to new environments and work on teams is important.
    2nd round phone interview: A couple questions about goals and future aspirations, offer given a few minutes into phone call

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project where there was conflict? How did you handle it? What was the outcome of the situation? How could you have handled it differently? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very intense first round interview. The lady was not very friendly and asked behavioral questions like they were technical questions. Do not expect a friendly recruiter, and drill your interview questions like heavily before undergoing the interview. I don't have any more to say but I need more words. Yes No Maybe Okay Yeah Yep Well then Hello Goodbye Have a Nice Day It has been Fun Cherio

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you questioned your integrity in a situation   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I had a first round interview on campus, from there I was invited to a second round interview at their Power and Water headquarters in Atlanta where they flew me down. Received an offer within an hour of my flight landing.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you failed to reach a goal you or a manager set?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was the first step in the process. After the results were reviewed I was contacted for a face to face one on one interview. I met with the interviewer on site. The interview went well and I enjoyed my time with the intervewer.

Interview Questions

• Situational questioning
      Success questioning
      Financial experience questions   Answer Question

At the time I applied my family situation was such that I could relocate easily however a family illness that was serious and not anticipated and thus caused me to take a differnt position closer to where I currently reside.

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE in September 2014.

Interview

One-on-one interview with two separate rounds. The first round was conducted on-campus by an executive, who was an alumni of the school. The second round was over the phone with a manager, who was the program leader for a specific business unit and location. The time from first round to second round interview was 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What area or business unit of GE is most appealing to you?   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in February 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, all behavioral (tell about your experiences, talk about a time when...). Mostly looking for you to show that you are a team player, know how to lead/follow. Should get to know the GE people/culture, why you want to work at GE. The recruiter may ask you what GE businesses you prefer, but you don't have to know for sure.

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE in November 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that was fairly pleasant. The correspondent from HR was polite and none of the questions were very technical. Most of the questions were concerned with how I function as a student, my role on campus, and what my past experiences had been. Lasted around half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What sort of challenges have you faced in school and how have you dealt with them?   Answer Question