GE Financial Management Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Financial Management Program Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online through my campuses job board (but also online through GE's website as this was a request of the description). From this, GE did on campus interviews. After the on campus interviews, they selected people to attend "Super Day" in Cincinnati. Here, we had 3 more interviews, in addition to a case study (wasn't as scary as anticipated), plus learned more about the position through panels and Q&A sessions.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral, like: "tell me about a time you took a risk and it didn't pay off", "tell me about a person you admire and why", and "tell me about a time you helped a coworker achieve their goals".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I thought I had hit it off with the interviewer. I guess we didn't, since I wasn't offered a second round interview. The recruiter came to my campus and I applied online. I was chosen for an interview within a few days. She told me about herself and then asked me to tell her about myself before proceeding.

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in October 2016.

Interview

On campus process. Went to career fair, networking dinner, then offered an interview.
    Interview is all behavioral questions. Be prepared for leadership, teamwork, conflict questions. Be personable! GE is big on personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career center at my university. I was contacted about a month later to schedule an interview on campus. I heard back the next day. Overall positive experience, sounded like a great opportunity.

Financial Management Program Interview

Interview

One 30-minute on-campus interview. It did take them 4 months to give me the offer on paper, but I think GE across the board is known for being a bit slower. They asked basic questions like: Which business would you want to work in? Tell me about a time your manager gave you bad feedback.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions like: Which business would you want to work in? Tell me about a time your manager gave you bad feedback.   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE in November 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that was fairly pleasant. The correspondent from HR was polite and none of the questions were very technical. Most of the questions were concerned with how I function as a student, my role on campus, and what my past experiences had been. Lasted around half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What sort of challenges have you faced in school and how have you dealt with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied through my university's career office. My first interview was with a campus recruiter. The interview was all behavioral. The second round interview was all behavioral as well. My only advice would be to have a great answer for typical behavioral questions: strengths and weaknesses, what's your favorite course, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

On campus behavioral interview lasted 1 hour. Follow up interview was a few weeks later, was flown into Atlanta, GA for 6 back-to-back behavioral interviews. Interviewers were looking for employees who want a career in GE and who have demonstrated leadership over technical finance experience. Offer was extended a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Compensation is standard across the company. I was given a $3,000 signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

I got the interview via on-campus recruiting. Went to a gathering at a local bar/restaurant the night before for an informational session. I got interviewed by the CFO and he was extremely nice, made me feel at ease and was also helpful afterwards in answering questions.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Multiple phone interviews since I lived in another city. The questions varied between technical & behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about constructing an excel model that tracked the fluctuating prices of gas?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for the internship.