GE Operations Management Leadership Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Operations Management Leadership Program Interview Questions

3.4

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Submitted online CV. Had to answer a 5 question-interview through HireVue. In the same phase had to solve an English test.
Received a call after 2 months of wait. They did a small phone screen and gave me an invitation to the assessment center.
After two weeks, they flew me to the assessment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE in October 2014.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with GE's Power and Water. After the initial process they invited me to their Greenville, SC plant for a second round interview. The interview process was very different. It was a back-to-back 30 minute interview with four different past OMLPs from the company and the head HR person. They generally asked similar behavioral questions and wasn't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What things do you regret from your past four years your college career   Answer Question

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

4-5 interviews. Behavioral for the most part. Looking for candidates with strong leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and how do you feel it's going to affect your ability to succeed in this program?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE (Erie, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

4 interviews, all 1 hour apart and all in separate buildings across the facility. If your previous interview goes a little long, you have to rush to make it to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the name of the Current CEO of General Electric?   1 Answer
    • What is General Electrics current stock price?   Answer Question
    • What is the first thing that comes to mind when I ask the filling questions. I want you to be quick and confident:
      What sets you apart?
      Why should I hire you?
      Why do you want to work for GE?
      What day is it today?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

After initial screening process (resume, drug test), 30 candidates were invited to travel (paid for by company) to an offsite hotel near one of the facilities. Interviews by the hiring manager and a team of managers from the nearby facility. Offer was received 10 days later. 7 days were given to respond. Because of the competitive nature of the job, I chose not to negotiate, but I heard that there was very little room to negotiate especially on salary. Talking with other people hired at the same time, salary variation was small, but individuals from ethnic minorities (like me) were given higher initial salaries.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very standard, dealing with what was posted on my resume. What was the time where you struggled most at your previous employment? What did you do? What is one of your weaknesses? 4 interviews. One with hiring manager, one with a board of mangers, and then 2 1 on 1 interviews with random GE employees. Total time 2 hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE in November 2010.

Interview

The program recruits through universities. Individuals must "pass" the pre-screening interview in order to make it to the final interview stage. The company conducted a night before interview reception where all questions could be answered and more information about the program was provided.

The overall interview consisted of five (5) 1:1 interviews with the program coordinator, assignment leaders, plant managers, and other GE employees. Each interview was behavioral based, with the intent of finding out your leadership skills and ability to fit in with the competition. Know your resume, more than one leadership experience, internship experience, and strengths and weaknesses.

All interviewers were very friendly and open to any questions. It was made clear that GE employees do not work the typical 40 hrs/week. Some current program members noted that they often work Saturdays and even multiple shifts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company gave the opportunity to list expected pay on its interview review. This amount should be comparable to current trends and averages. Put what you believe your education level is worth.