Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2018

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

There were several recruiting events with a more casual feel and fun atmosphere followed by a more formal interview process. There were a lot of lunches and dinners. I got to meet the people I would be working closely with as opposed to just HR personnel.

Data Analytics Consultant Federal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a series of phone conversations with an HR recruiter. I went in several weeks later for an in person interview with 2 managers in the Federal practice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't agree with your boss's approach to something. What was the resolution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't agree with a coworker. What was the resolution?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Columbia, MO) in January 2018.

Interview

i applied through my school's job search site. the interview was two 20 minute interviews with partners of the firm, mine was one tax and one audit. they asked mainly questions from organizations on my resume, and then the rest was conversations about their company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The interview was an hour long with two one-on-one 30 minute interviews. One was mostly behavioral and definitely more structured while the other was purely conversational. The interviewers were either partners or managers at the firm. They both seemed interested in getting to know me and in both interviews we talked about our hobbies/activities outside of school/work.

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with a greeter while waiting for the interviewer and discussed any questions I had about the program. When we finished, she brought me back to the interviewer. The interviewer was very nice and made the interview conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you encountered a challenge or obstacle in your work   Answer Question
    • Why accounting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and things weren't going well. What did you do to overcome that and what role did you play?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very chill, some behavioral questions but mostly conversational. Spent like half the time talking about my hobbies and the other half the interviewer talked about her own career and how she got to her position

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

On campus interviews that were stacked on each other. That was nice to have to work around school schedule. Questions were speedy and robotic. Hardly looked up to look at me, even when the interviewer asked a question.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2017.

Interview

Met at my school's career fair. Chatted with some of the professionals and eventually got invited to an office visit/ interview. Overall, they were very friendly and it was fairly laid back, probably due to the office being a bit smaller. Usually behavioral questions are asked, but it was really just conversation.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through our accounting fair and campus career website. They had a pre-interview night the day before the interview. I showed up, ate their food, and asked questions. The next day we had two 30 min. interviews with a partner and a manager. They asked mostly behavioral questions and were really looking for people who could work in a team.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Good experience. People where very polite. They talked about the firm and what they do. After that, they then asked questions. At the end they gave me the opportunity to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions.   1 Answer