Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018

2.7

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Questions about my previous responsibilities and assignments. Unlike other firms, I was not asked technical questions relating to tax.Questions about my previous responsibilities and assignments. Unlike other firms, I was not asked technical questions relating to tax.Questions about my previous responsibilities and assignments. Unlike other firms, I was not asked technical questions relating to tax.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had difficulty working in a group?   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

It was simple, nothing too complicated. They just went through your resume. They ask you to talk about yourself, and besides that it was just like having a normal conversation with a friend.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Interview

Really good interview experience typically contacted by recruiter then from there may be offered a face to face interview.The interview itself is pretty chill one senior manger and a manager both 30 min interview nothing challenging mostly asked to go over resume etc.overall of your resume matches the position your prolly gonna get hired.

Account Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Multiple phone and in-person interviews. After dragging out the process out for five months, and after a final round interview with five stakeholders, I received no response or update of any type from HR or the hiring manager. They spoke a great deal about their wonderful culture, however in my experience their treatment of me as a candidate speaks volumes over the rhetoric.

Interview Questions

• Exactly how would I help them with business development? This is not part of the role. Many other questions were asked, fishing for my ideas and taking notes.   Answer Question

Senior Level Position Interview

Interview

I had a screening phone interview and have since gotten the run around from the recruiter. Very disappointed and discouraged about GT at this point for lack of follow through.

Senior Auditor Interview

Interview

The process was fast and efficient. They asked pointed questions. I was kept informed of status throughout the process. I would recommend Grant Thornton as a good company to interview with.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Hamden, CT) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall disappointed. I know people who have gotten into the program with less qualifications than me. I'm a personable person, and the back-to-back interviews with the recruiter and a partner went well. It was essentially a conversation between us that flowed seamlessly, both seemed like they had a good time, and I was shocked when I didn't receive an invitation to the program.

Not sure much else I could say. It's a summer program, and when I'm interviewing for the big-4 and already gotten to later rounds for other firms, it's probably because they didn't like me.

Audit Winter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through my universities job site and networked at the career fair. I was invited for an onsite "visit" interview, even though I did not do an on-campus interview. The onsite interview was a formal schedule with presentations and two interviews, one with a partner and one with a manager. There were about ten other students from different universities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a course in college you strongly disliked   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

There were several recruiting events with a more casual feel and fun atmosphere followed by a more formal interview process. There were a lot of lunches and dinners. I got to meet the people I would be working closely with as opposed to just HR personnel.

Data Analytics Consultant Federal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a series of phone conversations with an HR recruiter. I went in several weeks later for an in person interview with 2 managers in the Federal practice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't agree with your boss's approach to something. What was the resolution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't agree with a coworker. What was the resolution?   Answer Question