Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn regarding an opening with Grant Thornton. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter that went well. I then did a phone interview with the overall program director that also went well. My third interview was with the person who I would have directly reported to. I was told that following that interview, I would be invited to meet with leadership and executives in person as well as some additional team members. After a somewhat lengthy phone interview process, I was never contacted again. After two attempts to reach the recruiter who sourced me, I gave up trying to touch base. I was really disappointed that I never received any more communication from the company letting me know why I was not selected to go any further in the process.

Interview Questions

Grant Thornton Response

Jun 12, 2017 – People & Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Grant Thornton. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We value your opinion and will use this feedback to consider ... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter which lasted for about 30 minutes. then a followup interview with the hiring manager. People were very nice during the entire hiring and interview process.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview. It was the quickest interview of my life, he only asked me five questions and then asked if I had any questions for him. It lasted less than 20 minutes total. The questions were generally to be expected ("what have been your favorite classes?" "where do you see yourself in x years?") and then a couple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were working with a group and it wasn't going well. What role did you play in that situation?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In person 30 minute conversational. Was first recruited on campus at job fair. Interview was straight forward describing the job tasks and projects. Nice guy but no one got the offer and they ended up going with a grad student instead of an undergrad

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I went through on campus recruiting and was very impressed with everyone I met throughout the process. Typical interview questions for this type of job, interviewed only with higher level management

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through my university's website and GT. Got an interview through on campus recruiting. The people were very welcoming and interview was conversational. I had two interviewers for my round one interviews; each were 30 minutes long. Afterwards, I was invited to fly to California to meet the firm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GT?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First call was with an outside Recruiter. He was great and thought I was a strong candidate based on cultural fit as well as professional experience. The second round was another phone call, this time directly with a member of the consulting team, more culture fit and "tell us about yourself and your background" questions. The last round was an intensive 3-hour in-person process. First hour was with two Consultants who walked through my CV and probed every project and previous job. Very detailed. 2nd hour was a case study with two consultants. No prep time and the case was given orally. Needed to identify weaknesses in the P&L (they had one when I asked) and make recomendations on whether or not to drop a product line. I was then given a 2nd case study focusing on change management and workforce augmentation. The last hour was with the VP. He came off like he didn't want to be there and was annoyed I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions

• Your client is a PE Firm and they just purchased a Mom & Pop shop in CA that makes surfboards. You just got the booked and learn their operating in a deficit. What do you do?   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First is an interview on campus with recruiting department. If they decide to continue then their will be an on-site interview with partners and then a lunch with all the team members.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Had a phone interview that covered basic interests and fit. Then had an on-site interview with 2 managers, and went out to lunch with members from the RAS team. The interviews were good conversations, fairly straightforward, nothing to trip you up. Bring questions for them after the conversation is winding down.

After that i was asked to join the full team for a happy hour, and it seemed like a good fit. i was not offered the job immediately due to a hiring hault, but after nearly 3 months, i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with adversity in a client-serving scenario (say for a client who is being difficult)?   Answer Question