ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

After I submitted the online application for half a month, I received a telephone interview invitation and talked with the recruiter several days later and she asked for my writing sample. And a week later, I received another telephone interview with the project manager. The third step is on-site interview with five members of the project, around 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• One of the question I didn't prepare is that what is your experience with difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Jackson, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for a position online and was contacted by a recruiter three days later. The recruiter gave me information about the company and asked a few general questions about my background and what I was looking for. He let me know that I would be contacted by another ICF employee to set up an in-person interview. He provided the name of the person that would be contacting me, which gave me confidence that is was actually going to happen. I received communication from this person the following day and an interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview was two hours total, broken down into four 30 minute interviews with various individuals including two portfolio managers, a program manager, and another research assistant. The interview was not particularly unique or difficult. None of the questions I was asked were unexpected or out of the ordinary. Each person I met with asked about my Excel abilities- brush up on your pivot table skills! Overall, the interview was a positive experience, and everyone I spoke with talked very highly of the team and the organization as a whole. At the end of the interview I wasn't given any hint as to when I might hear from the company and eventually began to think that I wouldn't. It was three weeks later when I received a call from the recruiter offering me a job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate salary, but was aware of this going in as the recruiter informed me of the pay prior to my interview being scheduled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter two weeks after applying online. Phone screen with recruiter a week later, and then second phone screen with hiring manager. Heard back a month later that they decided to move forward with other candidates

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in June 2013.

Interview

Received an invitation to apply for an RA position after a referral from a current employee. Sent transcripts and writing samples over email. Invited to phone screening and later Skype interviews with team members.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had problems with your manager. How did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted by email a month or so later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was only 15-20 minutes long and consisted of questions regarding location, interests, and long-term career goals.

Two weeks after the phone interview, I received an invitation for an in-person interview at their main office, which was scheduled to be a week later. The day began with an introductory presentation about the company. There were about ten of us, and each interviewee was put in an unoccupied office. The interview process involved three separate interviews. Two of the interviewers were very casual and nice, but one was a nightmare. He asked unexpected technical questions, and he made hurtful remarks about my inability to answer one of his questions about cost benefit analysis.

The interviews were followed by lunch with recently hired employees in similar positions. It went longer than expected. Lunch was followed by a brief tour of the building, but I had to leave early due to fear of missing my flight. My cab was taking its time getting there, and I awkwardly sat with other applicants waiting for cabs after they had completed the tour. I could have taken the tour while waiting and looked silly for leaving.

Overall, it was not a positive experience. Needless to say, I did not get an offer, and they did not bother to follow-up and tell me that.

Interview Questions

• I had listed a climate law course on my resume. The course focused on the Kyoto Protocol and post-Kyoto negotiations. I was asked to place climate change mitigation strategies along a curve, comparing cost and effectiveness. I was unprepared for that.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF in May 2009.

Interview

Standard behavioral and fit questions for entry level / straight-out-of-college grads.. Prepare good questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate straight out of college

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 on site interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be 10 years and how does this position help you achieve that goal?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I was an employee referral and was contacted by an HR person within 2 weeks of applying for an RA position online. Went in for an interview and met with 3 people, including my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions, nothing difficult. HR got back to me in one day with an offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF in August 2013.

Interview

Internal referral and later contacted by HR for different posts

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewing process took quite a bit of time. Applied online and got called back for a phone interview two weeks later. Two weeks later after the phone interview, I was scheduled for a 3 1/2 hour in-person interview. Staff was very friendly; met with 4 different people for 30 minutes each. Each person gave me a scenario where I would have to explain my thought process of how to go about the project at hand. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Different random scenarios given   1 Answer