ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and months later received a phone interview. After the phone interview the company did not bother to tell me I was rejected. A great company that does great work but could be more professional in their recruiting.

Interview Questions

• General resume questions, they will ask about your experience and hard skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone screening for general background with HR and was later contacted again to come in for an in-person interview the following week. The in-person interview would last a little over three hours and during this time I would speak with different representatives and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I had a 30 minute phone interview and then I was invited to their office for an in-person interview. I met with 3 people separately for 45 minutes each after which I was taken out for lunch by 2 associates. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. They made sure that I would be a great fit for this position as well as this position would be a great fit for me. This shows that ICF really values their employees and what they hope to do in the future. I received a call from the recruiter on the next business day offering me the job. The interview process was really quick and I gladly accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• What programming experience do you have?
      Describe your past internship experiences.
      Do you like working with data?
      How does this job relate to your career goals?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by email about a week after applying to set up a phone interview. I then was invited for an in-person interview in Fairfax. Everyone at the interview session was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with head of HR and in person interview with my future manager. The phone interview was a simple get to know me interview, personality traits and such. In person was a basic interview, nothing surprising.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and then had a 20min phone interview. Brought in and met with six people from the team I'd be working with over the span on 3 hours. Offered job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research project you did, how you conducted it, and what you learned   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Jackson, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. Three weeks after submitting my application, I received an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted less than 10 minutes. He read through my resume aloud and noted my qualifications, explained the position briefly, explained the expected salary, and scheduled an onsite interview for the following week. The onsite interview consisted of four 30-minute interviews with the four project managers of my office. They each asked questions relating to my experience, my skills, and my personality. It was laid back but still very informative.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied in March, heard back a couple weeks later about a phone interview. Got an invitation to ICF's Durham office the next week. Got flown in a couple weeks later (all expenses paid, including cab/airfare/food -- they were really good about everything). Had 4 30-minute interviews with project managers, then a casual 1.5 hour lunch interview with a research assistant and an associate. All the interviewers were super friendly and made me feel completely at ease, felt more like casual chats than a grill session. Brought me back, where I took a 45 minute writing assessment (was caught off-guard by this and definitely blanked a little during the test - the test itself was super simple, though). Heard back with a job offer in a week and a half. Just know your resume really well, and be able to explain your research projects thoroughly. Make sure you have good examples of being a team player ready as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult team member, what was your approach to (specific project I worked on) when you encountered obstacles in the process, how does this role fit in your career goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Called by a Project Manager who was looking for someone for a specific project. Did a 30 minute interview and was asked to do a second a couple days later. Eventually flew down for a day of interviews at the DC office. I was offered the job a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you handle multiple projects at once?
      2. Tell me about an experience you had with a difficult coworker?
      3. Standard behavior questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF International for a research assistant position in mid-March. The first interview was a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited for an in-person interview. Phone interview questions were pretty basic and more of a screening - walk me through your resume/ why are you interested in ICF/ what are your salary requirements. The in-person interview was a lovely experience, everyone was very warm and friendly, but definitely prepare well!!

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to a research project.
      How do you manage your time?
      Describe how you would deal with a difficult client.