ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Took 4+ weeks, I had an initial screening, two back-to-back phone interviews, and an in-person interview in their Fairfax office. Everyone was very friendly, however they said they would get back to me about a decision and did not contact me for 2 weeks. When I followed up, they immediately told me they decided on another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you bring to the team that are different from other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

After sending in an application in October 2016, they scheduled a phone interview in early December and I was then asked to come in for a final round interview in mid-January. Up until the final round interview, the process was relatively smooth and pleasant, and I enjoyed the over-the-phone interview with a current employee.

In mid-January I traveled to the Fairfax office for an all-day interview and met a number of people, from lower-level to senior employees. In the interview they told a group of us interviewees that there were multiple positions open and we should hear from them within two weeks (typical). I never heard back, despite sending individual thank you letters through the mail and sending three follow-up emails to the HR coordinator January-March.

I would expect a large consulting firm to not follow-up after a phone interview or even a short in-person interview, but the lack of decency to even send a rejection email astounded me considering the amount of resources they devoted to scheduling a six hour interview in their Headquarters. Since interviewing, I've spoken with multiple former employees who are happy they left, citing increasing disorganization and hierarchical tension.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      Why do you want to work at ICF?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Durham, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January via college job site, initial email contact in February, phone screening in April, onsite interview (all expenses paid) and job offer in May. The process was very well streamlined so you knew where you were in the process and the next step. I had four 30mins interviews back to back, lunch, then a 45 min writing test. Know your past projects well (research, programming etc) and be able to talk well about your resume. Also be able to eloquently explain why Research Assistant/consulting and why you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and months later received a phone interview. After the phone interview the company did not bother to tell me I was rejected. A great company that does great work but could be more professional in their recruiting.

Interview Questions

• General resume questions, they will ask about your experience and hard skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone screening for general background with HR and was later contacted again to come in for an in-person interview the following week. The in-person interview would last a little over three hours and during this time I would speak with different representatives and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I had a 30 minute phone interview and then I was invited to their office for an in-person interview. I met with 3 people separately for 45 minutes each after which I was taken out for lunch by 2 associates. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. They made sure that I would be a great fit for this position as well as this position would be a great fit for me. This shows that ICF really values their employees and what they hope to do in the future. I received a call from the recruiter on the next business day offering me the job. The interview process was really quick and I gladly accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• What programming experience do you have?
      Describe your past internship experiences.
      Do you like working with data?
      How does this job relate to your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by email about a week after applying to set up a phone interview. I then was invited for an in-person interview in Fairfax. Everyone at the interview session was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with head of HR and in person interview with my future manager. The phone interview was a simple get to know me interview, personality traits and such. In person was a basic interview, nothing surprising.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and then had a 20min phone interview. Brought in and met with six people from the team I'd be working with over the span on 3 hours. Offered job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research project you did, how you conducted it, and what you learned   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Jackson, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. Three weeks after submitting my application, I received an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted less than 10 minutes. He read through my resume aloud and noted my qualifications, explained the position briefly, explained the expected salary, and scheduled an onsite interview for the following week. The onsite interview consisted of four 30-minute interviews with the four project managers of my office. They each asked questions relating to my experience, my skills, and my personality. It was laid back but still very informative.