ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process I went through was fantastic. My recruiter was thorough and highly organized. I never had to worry where I stood or what was going on, she always updated me on whatever was going on. I also felt very prepared throughout my interview process thanks to my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your company?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Completely open ended, without any specific questions. It was basically "tell us what you can do for us." The description of the role given in the job announcement differed from the recruiter's description which again differed from the supervisor's description.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Initial phone screen was followed by an interview with hiring manager and then a panel interview. The interviews were well coordinated. Was asked general behavioral questions and questions about past experiences and future plans. Team members took their time to make sure I understood what the position was like. Nothing out of the ordinary. Recruiter and team members who interviewed me were cordial and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about yourself during (some particular) experience?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in March 2018.

Interview

I got an interview through a college program. The overall process did not take long and it was pretty straightforward. The job offer was received a few days after the interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

It was a half hour with the ICF recruiter, then 1 hour with a dev and PM. Overall it was quite painless. They basically just wanted to confirm what was on my resume and get to know me a little.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach turning requirements into use cases, what does a requirement look like to you?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Martinsville, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very comfortable, informative, honest and easy. I met with the Project Supervisor and her Supervisor. Both were very clear, concise and up front. I was contacted with the job offer when they said they would be in touch; no waiting on pins and needles. I am very happy with the outcome.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial call with HR. Initial call with hiring manager. 2 hour interview with six different employees in the line of business (two people interviewing per half hour). I heard back from HR very quickly with a positive "Great News" subject line that was very helpful. I got an offer the day after my panel interview.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online through ICF's website. About a week later a recruiter, Jena Vargas, reached out to me. She was amazing. Super friendly and upfront about the entire process. After doing a phone screening I did an in-person interview. The interview was a bit intense, but worth it. It a series of four interviews all done within a two hour period.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

This was the most pleasant interview/hiring process I’ve ever experienced, without question. Everyone I communicated with was direct yet self-effacing, and met me with genuine appreciation. Initial application submitted through Glassdoor in late-October of 2017. Received a call from HR in November, inquiring about my general interest in the position and desired salary range. During the call, we scheduled my first phone interview with someone at the local Portland office, following the Thanksgiving holiday. The resulting call went smoothly. I was informed that the interview process could continue into the new year, due to end-of-year projects and the holidays. I was fine with this, and was impressed with the transparency. In mid-January, HR contacted me for in-person interviews at the local office: a one-on-one, followed by a panel of three. I had an excellent time. In the days that followed, HR contacted me for a phone interview with someone at a regional office. I really enjoyed this call -- as if I was speaking with a friend, rather than being interviewed. The next day, HR contacted me to speak with someone at an east-coast office. I enjoyed this call as well. The next day, HR contacted me for an in-person interview with the person at the regional office, who would be in town the following week. This was a great meeting, and I felt completely welcomed. About a week or so later, HR called to inform me that ICF would be extending an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous work experience prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I have ever been to. Both my interviewers were very friendly and answered any questions I had. It was more them telling me about the position and getting to know me. I felt very relaxed and comfortable!

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Oak Brook, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Easy simple questions this job don’t require any skills for this job. Just know some basic energy systems and answers
    Lightning
    HVAC
    VSD
    These guys don’t know anything
    Please be advised the job is boring the interview was quick very quick had an offer next day

Interview Questions

• What is AHREA
      How to calculate VSD speed