ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Energy Efficiency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Very relaxed interview process with an initial telephone screening followed by an onsite interview with the team. Got an offer after two weeks of the final interview.

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from Lauren Price for a telephone interview. Lauren gave me 2 dates from which to choose and she was unwilling to work with my availability schedule. After my interview with Lauren someone else contacted me for another interview with someone else in the Contracts Dept. These interviews took place mid June and to date I've received no reply to an inquiry email I sent to check on the status of my application. Lauren Price seemingly dropped off of the planet. HR Recruiters are the company's' front line and if they can't be bothered with updating candidates on the stats of their applications it sends a bad message about the company as a whole.

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a standard interview. Interviewer informed me of company and job requirements. It was pretty easy going and I learned a lot about the company during the process. As long as one prepares on should be fine.

Contracts Interview

Interview

Pretty easy and fast. Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who then scheduled an interview shortly after to meet with him/her in person as well as the manager for the open position.

Interview Questions

• I found the questions from the recruiter to be more difficult thant from the manager of the open position. The recruiter asked me social situations in the work place, such as overcoming hard situations and tell me about a time such and such happened, ect. The manager for the open position stuck to my skill level on my resume and the skills and knowledge related to the position.   Answer Question

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process moved swiftly. Starting with a preliminary telephone interview. If successful, then interview with 3 other individuals. Outcome determined after the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation process was fair

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview at their Fairfax office. Phone interview with recruiter went fine, but everything after soured my impression of this company. I had to play a game of phone tag in order to reach the second recruiter who was to set up the in-person interview. This was an effort that spanned over the course of a week or more as the recruiter was not very easy to get ahold of. I was not given an email to contact her, only a phone number, which was inconvenient. Nonetheless, I remained patient as she worked to align all individuals' schedules. After finally securing an interview in person, I was to meet with three different individuals, one of which who, upon my arrival, was sick and switched out at the last minute for another person. Last-minute interview with the first two individuals from the Contracts department went decently, but the second interview with a manager was absolutely terrible. He seemed completely disinterested in anything I had to say, and looked like he was about to fall asleep on that spot. It didn't seem like he had even taken a single glance at my resume before I stepped into the room. After barely asking me any questions, we concluded the interview. After not hearing back for two weeks from the recruiter, I followed up. I was informed that they were still reviewing candidates and determining next steps. After this communication, they never bothered to give me any further updates. Given that I was applying out of state and had gone through the trouble of traveling several hours to that interview, I found it rather unprofessional that a potential candidate be treated this way.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have working in Contracts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a referral through a former colleague. My resume was "fast tracked" and I got an interview almost immediately. I had at least 2 more interviews. Two phone interviews and then an in person interview and then a quick phone call with another team member on the phone (since she worked out of a different office).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenges with upper management? (basically what happens when you experience problems with your boss).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone screening with the hiring manager I was invited for an onsite interview. I met with 5 members of the team for 30 minutes each. This was followed by a 45 minute writing assessment. This is an intimidating process on its surface, but the interviews were not very difficult or challenging. I ultimately did not get the position, but this was probably for the best, as I don't think I was a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why ICF?
      Why are you leaving your current position?
      How do you approach a research project?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter after I met her in a career fair. I applied online, and within one week I had a telephonic interview. Within 2 weeks I was called for the onsite interview. There was a writing assignment as well.
    They got back to me after 4 weeks with the results of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF for a position in August that I did not get, but the recruiter and team that I interviewed with said they would stay in touch about future positions.

Fast forward to December and one of the recruiters I had spoken to during my first interview contacted me about a position they thought I'd be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Defense Environmental Restoration Projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and two secondary potential coworkers.