ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Energy Efficiency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Very relaxed interview process with an initial telephone screening followed by an onsite interview with the team. Got an offer after two weeks of the final interview.

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from Lauren Price for a telephone interview. Lauren gave me 2 dates from which to choose and she was unwilling to work with my availability schedule. After my interview with Lauren someone else contacted me for another interview with someone else in the Contracts Dept. These interviews took place mid June and to date I've received no reply to an inquiry email I sent to check on the status of my application. Lauren Price seemingly dropped off of the planet. HR Recruiters are the company's' front line and if they can't be bothered with updating candidates on the stats of their applications it sends a bad message about the company as a whole.

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a standard interview. Interviewer informed me of company and job requirements. It was pretty easy going and I learned a lot about the company during the process. As long as one prepares on should be fine.

Contracts Interview

Interview

Pretty easy and fast. Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who then scheduled an interview shortly after to meet with him/her in person as well as the manager for the open position.

Interview Questions

• I found the questions from the recruiter to be more difficult thant from the manager of the open position. The recruiter asked me social situations in the work place, such as overcoming hard situations and tell me about a time such and such happened, ect. The manager for the open position stuck to my skill level on my resume and the skills and knowledge related to the position.   Answer Question

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process moved swiftly. Starting with a preliminary telephone interview. If successful, then interview with 3 other individuals. Outcome determined after the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation process was fair

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview at their Fairfax office. Phone interview with recruiter went fine, but everything after soured my impression of this company. I had to play a game of phone tag in order to reach the second recruiter who was to set up the in-person interview. This was an effort that spanned over the course of a week or more as the recruiter was not very easy to get ahold of. I was not given an email to contact her, only a phone number, which was inconvenient. Nonetheless, I remained patient as she worked to align all individuals' schedules. After finally securing an interview in person, I was to meet with three different individuals, one of which who, upon my arrival, was sick and switched out at the last minute for another person. Last-minute interview with the first two individuals from the Contracts department went decently, but the second interview with a manager was absolutely terrible. He seemed completely disinterested in anything I had to say, and looked like he was about to fall asleep on that spot. It didn't seem like he had even taken a single glance at my resume before I stepped into the room. After barely asking me any questions, we concluded the interview. After not hearing back for two weeks from the recruiter, I followed up. I was informed that they were still reviewing candidates and determining next steps. After this communication, they never bothered to give me any further updates. Given that I was applying out of state and had gone through the trouble of traveling several hours to that interview, I found it rather unprofessional that a potential candidate be treated this way.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have working in Contracts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Arlington, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was invited for an on-campus interview for an Associate position with ICF. The HR manager for college recruitment and an Senior Associate from the headquarters were present. They asked general behavior related questions only. Eg: Tell me about yourself. Why ICF? Describe an experience where you have to manage conflict. My interview with both person went well. However even after 2 months of the initial interview, I have yet heard back from the company. I followed up with the HR and the senior associate. But they are also not very clear what positions ICF will be hiring from on-campus students.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a college job fair. They contacted me 3 weeks later for a phone interview with a senior manager, which lasted 45 minutes. Two weeks later they contacted me to set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting about 5 different people at different levels in the group I would be working with. In my opinion, the phone interview was more difficult than the in-person. I was asked more questions and challenged more in that conversation, while the in-person interview was really just them trying to sell the company to me. It took them 2 and a half weeks to get back to me, but they did offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do/why are you interested in working with our group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a later start date to make time for a vacation I was planning. Because I was coming in with a graduate degree but no full-time professional experience they didn't negotiate the starting salary with me, but I was very satisfied with what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and two secondary potential coworkers.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

A human capital representative reached out to me after I submitted my application via ICF's website. I had a first round interview with a member of HR who asked me some general questions and told me my salary (which was non-negotiable). After our brief conversation (10 minutes) she put me in touch with the hiring manager and arranged a phone interview for to take place the next week. After my phone interview with the hiring manager (also the on-site manager), I had a one-on-one interview with her. Then I had one more interview with a hiring panel of on-site staff.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that your master's degree aligns to this job, and if so, how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my salary.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Springfield, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

Hired on from subcontracting firm, they did a good job of making sure that I had the appropriate CS background and knowledge. Very professional and nice offerings from management. Learning started in the interview and continued for many years thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. They made what seemed like a generous offer, but was still far below average for the area...