ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I have ever been to. Both my interviewers were very friendly and answered any questions I had. It was more them telling me about the position and getting to know me. I felt very relaxed and comfortable!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I got the email from ICF to schedule a Skype interview and then had the e-mail telling me to have on-site interviews with 3 different groups of people in that company

Interview Questions

• Tell me one failure that you met during your previous work   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

The experience has been good overall. I applied through the school recruiting portal. The whole process took 2-3 weeks. The interview overall is casual and the recruiter is pretty easy-going.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter who asked me about my relevant courses in school. I accepted the offered and I enjoyed my experience here. The ICF staff was very helping in assisting my transition from the academic world to the working one.

Capture Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Pinged by a recruiter on LinkedIn who arranged a call with the hiring manager. Was given a skills test to complete with ample time to complete it followed up by a couple more phone interviews. Final step was an in person interview. All interviews were laid back and put me at ease allowing opportunity to really discuss capabilities and strengths.

Marketing Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth. Began with an ICF recruiter who did a phone screen, followed by two separate phone interviews (each around 30 minutes), and then one in-person interview. I was then was extended an offer about 5 days later. The interview process was very conversational and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were trying to meet a tight deadline, and the project was nowhere near completion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very good process. I enjoyed the interview, and while it might have been a lengthy process, it was well worth it. The whole process was done over the phone. Everyone was very nice; it wasn't an intense at all. I look forward to working for this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Took 4+ weeks, I had an initial screening, two back-to-back phone interviews, and an in-person interview in their Fairfax office. Everyone was very friendly, however they said they would get back to me about a decision and did not contact me for 2 weeks. When I followed up, they immediately told me they decided on another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you bring to the team that are different from other candidates?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

After sending in an application in October 2016, they scheduled a phone interview in early December and I was then asked to come in for a final round interview in mid-January. Up until the final round interview, the process was relatively smooth and pleasant, and I enjoyed the over-the-phone interview with a current employee.

In mid-January I traveled to the Fairfax office for an all-day interview and met a number of people, from lower-level to senior employees. In the interview they told a group of us interviewees that there were multiple positions open and we should hear from them within two weeks (typical). I never heard back, despite sending individual thank you letters through the mail and sending three follow-up emails to the HR coordinator January-March.

I would expect a large consulting firm to not follow-up after a phone interview or even a short in-person interview, but the lack of decency to even send a rejection email astounded me considering the amount of resources they devoted to scheduling a six hour interview in their Headquarters. Since interviewing, I've spoken with multiple former employees who are happy they left, citing increasing disorganization and hierarchical tension.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      Why do you want to work at ICF?   Answer Question

SummerOil and Gas Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted via phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was given the chance to ask questions myself and was asked to answer numerous question related to my experience with oil and gas.

Interview Questions

• What kind of position do you prefer?   1 Answer