ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

2.6

Senior Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

HR reached out to me a few days after I submitted an application online. I had multiple rounds of interviews: one with the hiring manager, one with the research team, and another to test my language skills. About a week after the last interview I got an offer.

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

The interview at ICF was traditional in the overall process (phone followed by in person with hiring manager). There wasn't much to it other than the post processing. The hiring manager was very helpful and the questions were more about my technical background than my personality.

Interview Questions

• What's my background in technical writing?   1 Answer

Infrastructure and Buyout Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Austin, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was fast and efficient and Adriana communicated with me each step of the way! No long periods of uncertainty and prompt responses. Interviews felt informal and more conversational, questions were straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in doing with your career? (To gauge which of the multiple open positions would be a good fit for me).   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ICF (Cleveland, OH) in February 2020.

Interview

The Hiring Process is super fast in my case. I applied for the job on Sunday and received the offer on Saturday. I interviewed with HR, hiring manager, and a senior director. Clearly, they know what skills they need and it just as smooth as I could imagine.

Interview Questions

• What excel formulas you are good at?   1 Answer

Clean Transportation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in February 2020.

Interview

I had no time to ask questions or talk with the interviewer since they took the whole time bombarding me with information about the position and before I knew it they said they had to leave the call for another meeting. I felt like I was their second choice. Complete waste of time.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF in November 2019.

Interview

Not sure what happening with this company but I have been up for two positions and have had multiple interviews for both roles to only be left in the dark on each position. Have followed up a few times with each recruiter to only never get any response at all. I check the portal on their site and it just says still being considered. HR department needs big HELP

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Chicago, IL) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and after a month, I heard from a campus recruiting coordinator to schedule a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiting manager. During the 30-minute phone interview, I was asked about my resume, experiences, qualifications, and knowledge on the company. After the phone interview, I was told that in two weeks I would hear back.

Following the two weeks, I was moved to the second round where I had to complete a timed, one hour writing test and go to their office for an in-person interview. The writing test was broken down into three parts: a few personality questions, a media pitch and list for a new campaign, and conducting research & reporting findings for a possible campaign.

The in-office interview lasted one hour where I met with five different ICF Next employees in a set of 20-minute interviews. Some employees were very welcoming while others were not. In two weeks, I was told that I would hear back. The recruiting manager gave me a call to tell me that they would not be moving forward with my interview which was very off putting for me.

Business Development Process Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in October 2019.

Interview

The entire interview process was seamless and efficient from the start. There was always clear communication between ICF and myself regarding appointment times and what to expect. ICF even sent me an email before my in person interview with tips on how to succeed in the interview itself. Overall I had a great interview experience with ICF and would recommend this company to anyone looking for a professional and supportive company.

Research Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter contacted me a few days later. I had a few informal phone interviews: two with the recruiter and one with a potential coworker. My resume was forwarded to my potential supervisor. The supervisor decided to rewrite the job description and keep looking for someone with a more particular background. She chose not to interview me. The recruiter and the potential coworker were both very nice. They both gave me tips on how to rearrange my resume before handing it on to the supervisor. The coworker even told me that she would put in a good word for me with the supervisor. When the supervisor decided not to move forward with me, the recruiter said that she would definitely keep my resume on file and see if she could get me anything else with the company. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with statistical analysis, software, and large relational databases.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF in October 2019.

Interview

Interview over the phone with recruiter, hiring manager, and senior leadership.

I was asked about my interests, my talents, and my experience. It was more of a conversation format rather than questions with all involved.

Larkin Bray, the recruiter for this position, started off the process by having just a regular conversation (not a intimidating Q&A) with me to find out more about my character and personality to be a fit for the company culture and values. She did ask me questions pertaining to the position but they were more about how I solved real life problems and challenges in Organizational Development using my knowledge and background of industrial and organizational psychology.

She was the first contact that I made in this interview process and gave me a great impression of what ICF is all about. She really sold the company to me and we ended up talking well over time on the phone interview because we both were excited about talking about the company. She was extremely pleasant and gave such positive energy. She provided the best interview experience I’ve had in years.

It was a great overall and I hope those applying to ICF get to experience her!