Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

They framed it as an info session, so I had know idea it was an interview. I walked in and they went down my resume and asked about my experiences. They got to know me better. I ask a few questions about them. I would say it was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were told to lie about progress being made on a particular job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Fairfield, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

I declined their offer a couple of years ago, and a recruiter called me to check if I was still available during the COVID crisis.

After speaking with the recruiter, a senior HR recruiter called me - about an hour long interview of very basic questions. He told me that they are looking someone who can work long hours (mind you this is a salaried - overtime exempt position).

Soon after, I had a phone interview with a Field Engineer. This was more constructive. She gave me good insights into the work and the challenges that come with the position. She said she regretted not bringing her work home when she was in the field. It goes without saying that Field Engineers are expected to work upwards of 50 hours a week, and since the position is exempt from overtime, there is no compensation for all the extra hours that will be put in.

About a week later, I had two separate interviews via FaceTime with two sponsors. Sponsors are upper management that oversee a work region and they have a stake in the company. The interviews were very basic. No technical or situational questions involved at all. They basically wanted to gauge my enthusiasm towards construction and Kiewit. From what I heard from the recruiters and other engineers, they are eager to hire those that are willing to put in any amount of hours required by the project.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Applied online, process took about 1.5 months. I'd receive communications at 10pm and sometimes at 7am. The interviews weren't too bad and the process was competitive. Some of the people I dealt with were really bad with communication. You definitely feel like a number here in the beginning, you have to prove your worth.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Apply online and then contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. The interview was mostly behavioral and relaxed. Questions ranged from personal experiences to what you would like to gain from working at the firm. In the end, qualifications were asked for.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had to prepare you for this role?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

In person interview not an option, system did not allow for full clarification of history and difficult to explain last 10 years of employment position. Frustrating for the employment process.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed at a Career fair. Got chased down after visiting their booth and was told they could give me an interview. Interviewed with them the next day on campus. Two to one type interview. Typically just alternating questions between them. One would be asking more questions to get to know you and take down information while the other asked scenario and qualifications based questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are in a situation in which you have people that rely on you for work instructions or leadership and you are getting told multiple projects are priority from different people above you, how do you decide which to do first?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in February 2020.

Interview

Submitting an online application and was then promptly contacted about a phone interview. About a month after the phone interview I was contacted about flying in for an in person final interview. Interviewers were all lovely and polite, with the office and other employees being very welcoming.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

met the group in the career fair event at my college last month, handed over my resume to them and also applied online, got a reply within 2 weeks of time to schedule my interview, interview went very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Fairfield, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person and it took about a month from the first phone interview till the one on one interview. The first two were screening calls and the questions were relatively simple.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2020.

Interview

Had two phone conversations with HR managers. Each conversation lasted about fifteen minutes, and they only asked basic interview questions. There were no technical questions. They also asked me what position I would prefer and if I am willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses, projects on my resume, how I dealt with a conflict within a team, and why I want to work at Kiewit. Each interview lasted about 15 minutes.   Answer Question