Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Job Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Vancouver, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. I spent more time just talking about things I had done growing up than the job itself. The interviewer was fairly high up in the company, and had approximetly 20 years experience just in tthis company. I was bought lunch afterwards and continued to discuss potential job placement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In this economy, there really was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it deal. What can I say? The economy is not in the employee's favor right now.

Job Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

Kiewit is persistent in continuing to recruit experienced personnel when identified. Interviewed twice prior to offered a salary. Company failed to adhere to certain promises offered during the hiring process and did not follow through to make sure that long or short term goals could be accomplished.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing the company could do to assure employee retention?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time, the weekly salary was offered was very attractive, only to find out later that it only benefited the company.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online. About a week after applying, I was invited via email to sign up for self-recorded video interview. Interview was about 5 questions long and you had 3 minutes to deliver your answers. This method was extremely impersonal and awkward. Conveys the distinct feeling that the company is interested in processing applicants more than investing in their candidate pool.

Assistant District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Highland, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews with Mr. Schott, which he was extremely professional but made me feel comfortable and at ease. His question were that of typical interview's I have had in the past; however, he also took a personal interest beyond past interviews. With this approach I felt he was not only hiring the resume attributes but the person as well.

Interview Questions

• I believe the hardest questions that seem to be in all interview is "What are your worst Qualities". I feel this question is a loaded question and ineffective. In my opinion, there is no real adequate answer due to the fact that most people answer the question to make sure it gets them the job and are not completely honest. However, when I am asked this question I am maybe overly honest but I will admit I do hold back a little as to not shoot myself in the foot during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a more than adequate pay scale in term to most internships as well as a very accommodating schedule that worked around my schooling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Bozeman, MT) in October 2016.

Interview

Sat in front of a computer screen, and questions would pop up. No actual interaction with another person. You had a certain amount of time to answer each question and it would automatically record your answer. Super awkward process.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly casual, small talk followed by a few behavioral questions. It's an open discussion, feel free to ask questions, voice concerns, ask more about the internship position and responsibilities one may have if they were to get the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you took the initiative to help someone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Greenville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked situational questions to judge character. It was a very relaxed one-on-one interview. The interviewer had no intention to make me nervous and he was more than helpful if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• ex. When was a time that you had to make a difficult decision for a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Interview

The person at the front desk was not welcoming when I first walked in but instead seemed annoyed I was standing in front of her. Interviewing here was NOT a good experience. The two HR representatives I met with didn't make it much better. They where very condescending and would not let me finish my answers to their questions. All in all, I recommend hiring associates who are more people/client oriented.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I just started the process but so far I've taken personality trait test. The next step will be a recorder interview. The interview is online and you will be talking to a the screen not a actual person.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the job fair. Next day there was a in person interview, mostly personality based with some questions about work ethic. Then a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a series of online webcam interviews before the job was offered.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult challenges you have faced as a engineer?   Answer Question