Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018
1,687 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I had two video interviews with Liberty Mutual. The first interview was a basic behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes; I actually used Glassdoor to look at a few of the questions that were asked in previous LM internship interviews and was asked roughly the same questions. The second interview was a little more technical; the interviewers asked how I learn new languages, what projects I've worked on, etc., but no specific programming questions. A week or two after my second interview, LM called me and extended an offer. Overall, the process was very professional and the people I talked to were great in helping me understand what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      Why would you choose liberty mutual?
      Tell me about a time where you explained something complicated to someone.
      Tell me about the last time you had to work with an unsatisfied customer. How did you address their concerns?

Technical questions:
      Tell me about the projects you've worked on.
      How do you learn a new language?   2 Answers

Agency Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

recruiter phone interview, interview with regional managers and marketing staff

Agent Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Golden, CO).

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview within a couple of weeks. The phone interview was easy and structured. It consisted of six or so typical behavioral questions. After the phone interview was completed, the interviewee told me she wanted to move me on to their face-to-face process. The incredibly tedious process was a four-hour experience. It began with a computer test that tested my skills at processing processing phone calls (it was very easy if you have common sense). The next test was a behavior/skills test (that I had already taken online...), which was also simple. I then had two back-to-back interviews that consisted of a ridiculous amount of behavioral questions (at least 15-20 in total). The questions weren't exceedingly difficult...pretty typical behavioral questions. Finally, I spent about 30 minutes watching an employee process incoming calls in her cubical. I tried to ask some questions about the job and the day-to-day experience, but she was on the phone for all of 3 minutes that I was there. I was told I would be contacted within the next few days. Two weeks later, I received an email rejection letter. I believe I seemed too ambitious to move up within the company and the call center manager didn't want to deal with hiring me and then having to replace me 6 months to a year down the road. They were looking for call center enthusiasts.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. There were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Very positive and straight forward

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stress Free

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 week later interviewed with 2 managers. 1 week later I was contacted for another phone interview. I was contacted 10 days later by email that they had offered the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an angry customer and how you dealt with him/her and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

Very smooth process. I had a phone interview first and once I got through that they scheduled a face to face interview. However, because I was out of town I did another phone interview with two other people.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to explain something difficult to someone?   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Duluth, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my college job portal and 2-4 days later I went through a basic phone screening. Then I was invited to an in-office interview that consisted of a panel interview with two senior employees and a recently hired underwriter. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions to see if you were a good fit.

Interview Questions

I found out the internship was more reaching out to clients than actually being a part of the Liberty team.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Then had a Skype interview with 4 managers. Process was very short, heard a decision within a couple hours of the Skype interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think commercial underwriting is?   1 Answer

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview

I was fairly impressed at the interview process. The recruiters (I dealt with 2) and the hiring manager were all on the same page and there was no mis-communication. I was a little disappointed that they made no attempt at follow up, but they answered all of my questions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would people describe you ....
      Always a difficult question to answer and I wasn't expecting that one, so I was caught off guard.   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial screening call, then a coordinator setup the panel interview, which was conducted by three managers and scheduled for 60 minutes. Each manager tendered questions during the process. No online testing was required for this position.

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview that consisted of mostly behavioral questions, with a few math/logic questions towards the end. I received a call back a few days later to invite me for a second, on site interview. The on site Interview consisted of four separate 1 on 1 case interviews. I did not hear back following my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group situation in which you had a conflict with a group member   Answer Question