Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2018
1,605 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I had two video interviews with Liberty Mutual. The first interview was a basic behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes; I actually used Glassdoor to look at a few of the questions that were asked in previous LM internship interviews and was asked roughly the same questions. The second interview was a little more technical; the interviewers asked how I learn new languages, what projects I've worked on, etc., but no specific programming questions. A week or two after my second interview, LM called me and extended an offer. Overall, the process was very professional and the people I talked to were great in helping me understand what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      Why would you choose liberty mutual?
      Tell me about a time where you explained something complicated to someone.
      Tell me about the last time you had to work with an unsatisfied customer. How did you address their concerns?

Technical questions:
      Tell me about the projects you've worked on.
      How do you learn a new language?   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

As a “first time career” interview, it can be intimidating, however, the hiring/interviewing manager tries to ease the “terrifying” atmosphere by relating to you as a person. A brief over of the company and position are given, then the floor is open to questions. In closing, the final steps of the hiring process will be explained as well as an expected notification date of whether an offer will be extended.

Interview Questions

• What is something you did not like about your current/formed position and or employer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

applied online. phone interview with recruiter a few days later. basic questions asked. face to face the following week. relaxed style. next step was following week with 2 upper level bosses

TechStart Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an video interview. The Skype application used for the interview was not very intuitive, so I would try to figure that out well before the interview. Interview wasn't too difficult. Asked about my projects, especially my software development projects

Interview Questions

• They asked about my projects, particularly my software development related projects   Answer Question

Telephonic Nurse Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

E-mail from recruiter a few weeks after my application, set up phone interview, went onto virtual manager interview in a satellite office with two different managers. The recruiter misinformed me about the job and what to expect going into the interview.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral-based questions, many with multiple questions in one. I prepared 30+ interview-based questions prior to going and was asked maybe two, the rest were a little more specific to the job. Ex: Describe a time when you made a mistake and how did you handle it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email from their recruiter, requesting phone screen interview. It was quickly scheduled and I made myself available when requested. I waited and the recruited did not call. One day before the screen I received and email informing me that Liberty Mutual was not interested in me but it was regarding a completely different position, I don't remember applying for. The whole process is very confusing and shows a complete lack of respect on Liberty Mutual side.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX).

Interview

The recruiter and I had some scheduling issues in the beginning of the process, specifically around the Skype call phone interview. On one occasion, they secured a phone screen with me before receiving confirmation on my end (which was timely), resulting in needing to coordinate another reschedule. On the second occasion, they completely missed our appointment by misreading the time details as we are in different time zones.

After finally having our phone screen, which went well, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. This was coordinated with a scheduler, and at one point, I had to follow up with them as the timeframe we were discussing was quickly approaching and I needed to make arrangements.

The most disappointing part of this experience was after the in-person interview (the in-person interview with the hiring manager went very well; no negative feedback in that respect). I was already pre-scheduled for a phone interview with said hiring manager’s supervisor the following morning, which was coordinated and confirmed at the same the in-person interview was arranged. The next morning, I received an email from the generic talent acquisition account stating that my phone interview has been cancelled and to reach out to my recruiter if I had any questions. I did hear from the recruiter via email 15 minutes after talent acquisition reached out, and was told that it was cancelled due to a last minute meeting and that I will hear back on when we could reschedule. Two weeks went by, and I did not hear anything so of course, had to follow up. It was a day later when the recruiter told me that the hiring manager decided to not move forward, which I of course suspect was the reason for my cancelled final phone interview 10 minutes before it was supposed to happen. So unprofessional. Finally, I responded to the update and respectfully and humbly asked for any feedback the hiring manager may have for me and I got no response from the recruiter. I followed up with this request one last time a week later and still, no response.

This entire process was unprofessional and discouraging, and I am so incredibly disappointed in the lack of respect for scheduling, timely responses/updates and the overall interest in my candidate experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was an extensive hiring process. I was interviewed by Middle and upper management. All in all a tiring, but rewarding process. And why d I have to put 30 words?

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied for a position online and got set up with a phone interview with a recruiter. About ten minutes after my interview was suppose to start i received an email saying it would need to be rescheduled. I rescheduled the interview. When the recruiter called she did not apologize or offer an explanation. The interview went well and I was told I'd be sent an assessment and get set up with a second interview. When I got the assessment it was for a totally different job. I called the recruiter and left her a message. I did not get a response. I took the assessment anyway. I scheduled a second interview. It got rescheduled. When the time came for the second interview the recruiter never called me or emailed me. I followed up with a few telephone messages and got completed ghosted with no explanation.

Interview Questions

• basic tell me about yourself questions   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied within a few days of the online job posting going up. I did not hear anything for about a month after that. Then I was invited to an in-person interview with the head of the office and about 5 senior attorneys. I was invited back for a second in-person meeting about a week later. That is where they told me they were asking the higher-ups to authorize my hire. Somewhere in this process/concurrently, they ran a background check that took 6 weeks to get completed. Finally, I had a 15-minute phone call with one of the regional general attorneys who approved the salary the local office and I had previously negotiated. The whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Emphasize that you are organized and like structure.
      You will have to bill, so do not say you are going in-house so that you can quit billing. Trust me, the billing is manageable even though it sounds high. You will be able to bill for about 90% of your time in the office rather than the ~66% that you see at some private firms.
      It is definitely OK to say you want a more stable work-life balance and that, for example. client development/retention outside of normal business hours is a burden.   Answer Question

Medical Underwriting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH).

Interview

Had a phone interview that went very well. I then had an in person interview that seemed to also go very well. I have 15+ years experience in the medical field, including 5 years billing experience. I did not get an offer. I’m not sure what more they’re looking for. I’ve been applying with them for two years and this was the only interview I got.

Interview Questions

• Name a skill you’ve recently improved upon, and how you improved on it.   Answer Question