Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017
1,550 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I had two video interviews with Liberty Mutual. The first interview was a basic behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes; I actually used Glassdoor to look at a few of the questions that were asked in previous LM internship interviews and was asked roughly the same questions. The second interview was a little more technical; the interviewers asked how I learn new languages, what projects I've worked on, etc., but no specific programming questions. A week or two after my second interview, LM called me and extended an offer. Overall, the process was very professional and the people I talked to were great in helping me understand what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      Why would you choose liberty mutual?
      Tell me about a time where you explained something complicated to someone.
      Tell me about the last time you had to work with an unsatisfied customer. How did you address their concerns?

Technical questions:
      Tell me about the projects you've worked on.
      How do you learn a new language?   2 Answers

Disability Claims Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The interview process went really well. Started with a phone screen, and then an in person interview. Lasted an hour or so. Was asked several questions based on resume and the other was based on behavioral questions.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

A online test that was crazy and punishing. They require you to log on and do a work day simulation. Reading emails, doing math problems and a few quizzes. They also did the odd personality quiz.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

Standard phone call plus onsite interview plus a background check (if you make it that far). I had two interviewers, both very friendly. Atmosphere was casual, just felt like a conversation about my past.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online with my school's career website, and then got to first round of interview process. It was a short 30 minute conversation, just kind of about my past experiences. A day later I got the offer for the final round interview at their Seattle office. During that interview (which was about two weeks after the first one), there was a behavioral section and a case study section. The case study part was actually kind of fun. If you can do math, then you're good. They got back to me about the results three days later. I didn't get the offer, but I enjoyed the experience very much nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• What was one innovative way you analyzed data for a project?   Answer Question

Tech Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Fairfield, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

It was shorter than I expected it seemed like they lost interest when I explained how work was competitive at my former job in a good way. But I wasn’t offer the job because the position was no longer available because I couldn’t get in touch with the recruiter do to a email spelling error on their part

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Two words, behavioral interview. I personally hate this format of interviews because it is not an honest, open discussion. It requires you to think back of your years of experience and think of very specific stories and examples of the questions they are asking which I personally find to be very difficult and not a good reflection of who you are as an employee. There are also technical assessments depending on your position. It could be a Microsoft skills test or a personality type test which also includes math questions and reading comprehension. If you don't pass these assessments you generally aren't contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had to complete a difficult project with multiple deadlines and assignments. How did you accomplish it, what would you have changed (something to that effect)   Answer Question

Leave Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out the online application and completed the assessment on 09/26. I received an email from a recruiter on 10/04 requesting a phone interview for 10/06. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins and I was mostly asked questions about my resume and situational questions. At the end she told me that I would have an in person interview and that I would receive an email with specifics. The in person interview was on 10/10. I interviewed with 2 managers and they were both really nice. The email stated the interview would be for 1 hour however it was only about 30 mins and only consisted of 3 situational questions. This made me very nervous and I didn’t think I did well. I then had a job shadow with a current employee for about 30 mins. It was very interesting and I really enjoyed it. I received a call from one of the managers I interviewed with on 10/13 and I was offered the position which I accepted! The process was really quick!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond what was requested of you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a coworker. How were you able to resolve it?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

recruiter's tone changed completely the moment he realized I wasnt born in united states, it seemed like they weren't interested in anything about me anymore and was being very demeaning and indifferent , it was shocking to me however when I searched on linkedin - I did realize that pretty much 99.99% of the workforce in that role happened to be only Caucasian males. I am happy I found this out earlier based off my race because I can't see myself in a company where racism is prevalent,

I pro actively asked the recruiter to not contact me anymore.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone Interview about 2 weeks after sending in my resume. Got an invitation the next day for a 2nd person in person interview... flew in about 2 weeks later and had a half day interview. There were 4 other people also interviewing. Interviewed with 3 different managers and got lunch with a student and the other interns. The hotel they had me stay at was REALLY REALLY nice... one of the best I've ever seen. Great experience overall....lunch was kinda weird though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

Was emailed by a company recruiter after posting my resume on Indeed. Filled out the application online, had a phone appt. with the recruiter, and was invited to attend an open house with about four others, where I had a 1:1 "pre-screen" interview with a hiring manager. I was then invited back the next day for the actual interview, which took about 45 minutes and entailed meeting with and hearing about the job from a team leader, and then a 2:1 group interview (3:1, but the other person was simply observing as they were the other two's manager). They all stepped out afterwards to speak, then told me they'd be in contact within a few days if I had the job. I didn't think I got it since everything went by so quick, but I got a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you told a customer the wrong information. How did you fix it?   Answer Question