Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017
1,486 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

Was emailed by a company recruiter after posting my resume on Indeed. Filled out the application online, had a phone appt. with the recruiter, and was invited to attend an open house with about four others, where I had a 1:1 "pre-screen" interview with a hiring manager. I was then invited back the next day for the actual interview, which took about 45 minutes and entailed meeting with and hearing about the job from a team leader, and then a 2:1 group interview (3:1, but the other person was simply observing as they were the other two's manager). They all stepped out afterwards to speak, then told me they'd be in contact within a few days if I had the job. I didn't think I got it since everything went by so quick, but I got a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you told a customer the wrong information. How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX).

Interview

Applied online on a Friday, took online behavioral questions and and completed simulated call center exercise. Received an email to schedule an over the phone interview with recruiter. Spoke with recruiter and received feedback. Recruiter scheduled in person interview for Monday of following week. Interviewed with 2 senior employees. Interview was very thorough and felt like a natural fit. Sent followup email to recruiter next day. Received call with offer 30 minutes after email.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change a customer's mind for the better.   Answer Question

Claims Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by email on a Wednesday to have a phone interview the following day. That lasted about 30 mins. The recruiter was open to questions. Most of his questions were STAR style and a few behavioral. He then asked me my availablity for an in person interview. That was for the following Monday and lasted almost 2 hours. STAR questions again, kind of repetitive, a few behavioral. Sat with someone in that current role for about 15 mins. Then back into the office to discuss benefits & salary. Set a follow up email thanking them for their time a few hours later. On Wednesday morning was called and offered the job.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 week later interviewed with 2 managers. 1 week later I was contacted for another phone interview. I was contacted 10 days later by email that they had offered the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an angry customer and how you dealt with him/her and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

1.) Online application
    2.) Online assessment
    3.) Selected for phone interview( with out provide a range of dates and times you're available; they will email back with a set date and time)
    4.) Phone interview; was VERY detailed. The STAR method is used. Talked clear and with confidence. She then WHILE on the phone moved me forward with setting up an in person interview. The date was set for a week later.
    5.) The interview was a 2 hour process so have time set aside. I met with a woman who went over the position, hours, benefits, and etc. That was about a 15 process. The second half was sitting with two supervisors who took turns interviewing and asking questions. These are Behavior questions, so again the STAR method was used. I was asked between 5-6 questions after walking them through my resume. Afterwards they hand you a scenario sheet with three answer choices, you must rank each answer choice from most likely to do to least likely.
    6.) You're then taken to a room to watch a 15 minute video, I believe they use this time to decide whether or not to let you meet with the manager
    7.) If all is well, you will meet with the manager who will ask you 2-3 behavior questions, another scenario sheet, then the close out the interview.
    **I called to check the status of my application the following morning and was informed an offer has been extended to me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied online via referral. Completed 3 part assessment. Received email for phone interview scheduling. Received confirm for phone interview time and date that was not what I scheduled for but accepted and planned around it anyway. Phone interview was with recruiter from FL. She offered in person interview for 5 days later. Interviewed with 2 managers separately. They asked mostly behavioral questions. Plan to answer about 10 of those total. Received a call with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you dealt with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a thirty-minute phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly. She asked standard behavioral interview questions. She said the next step of the process would be an in-person interview and that she would let me know by Friday if they would like to schedule that with me. I didn't get an email for about a week after that Friday. I was not asked to come in for a second interview.

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled phone screen. HR was 7 mins late. Thats fine. She sounds like just wake up. She starts with "talk a little bit about yourself. " And then other basic questions. 6 mins later, she asked me to hold on a sec, cuz she is trying to pull up my resume. its already 5-6mins into the interview, you haven't pulled up my resume yet? ok, ill take it. took her several mins to pull up my resume, and then she asked that if I have any sales experiences. This job is entry level, and says no experiences required. I said, no, I dont, but I have experiences with customer services and blah blah blah. Before I finished, She stopped me and saying that if I don't have sales experiences I might not having abilities to close the deal. Wait a sec, isn't this entry level no experiences required, and training offered? Then she keeps going by saying that you might want to try customer services department blah blah blah. I was like, ok, thank you, bye. Seriously, took me 45 mins to answering online assessment, and you don't even bother to finish the interview? But anyway, thank you for your honest.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about strictly phone based job.   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred to Liberty by an employee that's a friend of mine. Applied, got an email about a week or so later about a phone screening, very nice HR person, asked a couple questions (mostly behavioral) asked me about myself and why I would be great for the position, on the phone set up a one on one interview that was actually a group interview. Interview was set up for a week later, went in they talked about the company, had a one on one with a manager, did a job shadow and then did another one on one with another manager. Was told I would hear something in about a week. Only been a couple days so waiting to hear something. Fingers crossed!! Would really love to work here.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Recieved call to schedule phone interview on Sunday 7/16
    Scheduled for Monday 7/17. In person interview and open house 7/18
    Recieved offer on 7/19
    Start Date September 11
    The process moved extremly fast. I am assuming due to the new facility opening in Plano.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember all but only 5 basic questions
      Why should we Hire you?
      Why Liberty Mutual?
      Name a time you had to explain something confusing to another person (or something like that).   Answer Question