Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2018
1,740 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I had two video interviews with Liberty Mutual. The first interview was a basic behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes; I actually used Glassdoor to look at a few of the questions that were asked in previous LM internship interviews and was asked roughly the same questions. The second interview was a little more technical; the interviewers asked how I learn new languages, what projects I've worked on, etc., but no specific programming questions. A week or two after my second interview, LM called me and extended an offer. Overall, the process was very professional and the people I talked to were great in helping me understand what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      Why would you choose liberty mutual?
      Tell me about a time where you explained something complicated to someone.
      Tell me about the last time you had to work with an unsatisfied customer. How did you address their concerns?

Technical questions:
      Tell me about the projects you've worked on.
      How do you learn a new language?   2 Answers

Agency Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

recruiter phone interview, interview with regional managers and marketing staff

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 week later interviewed with 2 managers. 1 week later I was contacted for another phone interview. I was contacted 10 days later by email that they had offered the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an angry customer and how you dealt with him/her and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

Very smooth process. I had a phone interview first and once I got through that they scheduled a face to face interview. However, because I was out of town I did another phone interview with two other people.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to explain something difficult to someone?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Then had a Skype interview with 4 managers. Process was very short, heard a decision within a couple hours of the Skype interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think commercial underwriting is?   1 Answer

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Duluth, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my college job portal and 2-4 days later I went through a basic phone screening. Then I was invited to an in-office interview that consisted of a panel interview with two senior employees and a recently hired underwriter. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions to see if you were a good fit.

Interview Questions

I found out the internship was more reaching out to clients than actually being a part of the Liberty team.

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview

I was fairly impressed at the interview process. The recruiters (I dealt with 2) and the hiring manager were all on the same page and there was no mis-communication. I was a little disappointed that they made no attempt at follow up, but they answered all of my questions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would people describe you ....
      Always a difficult question to answer and I wasn't expecting that one, so I was caught off guard.   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial screening call, then a coordinator setup the panel interview, which was conducted by three managers and scheduled for 60 minutes. Each manager tendered questions during the process. No online testing was required for this position.

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview that consisted of mostly behavioral questions, with a few math/logic questions towards the end. I received a call back a few days later to invite me for a second, on site interview. The on site Interview consisted of four separate 1 on 1 case interviews. I did not hear back following my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group situation in which you had a conflict with a group member   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Once your application gets screened you get an email from their talent acquisition team to complete an aptitude test. This test is very easy and straightforward. Put yourself in the mind of a salesperson and answer the questions and you'll almost definitely pass. Tip from experience: make sure you check your spam folder!! The test was emailed to me a few days after I applied, but it took me a few weeks to realize I even got it because it went to spam!

After this they set you up for a phone screening, and the recruiter will really sell you on the company and get your hopes up big time. It's less of an interview with you and more of an advertisement on why Liberty Mutual is such a prestigious company to work for. After the conversation, the lady said that I did great (surprising since I didn't do anything) and wanted to schedule me for a "final in person interview."

I met with one of the sales managers for the Portsmouth, NH location. He seemed very nice and I was instantly put at ease. I took time to prepare a beautiful sales pitch and really researched the company, and it was apparent by the interviewer's body language that I was hitting all the key points and really qualified for the position.

Overall it was a professional process, up until the interview was over. I'm rating this a negative experience because of the unprofessionalism that I was faced with, for the lack of reply after the interview. I was told that I'd definitely hear one way or another, up to 2 weeks later, and received nothing. One thing that I always look for on glassdoor is how long it takes between interview and answer. Well here, I never got one. I interviewed back in January and its now almost May. Obviously after a few weeks, I got the picture, but something about spending all of that time preparing for them, for them to not even send me a generic rejection letter, makes me reevaluate if it's a company I'd want to work for anyway.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very Difficult interview. There was a personality assessment along with word problems with simple math. I did not get a email for another interview after that. Definitely looking for people who already have sales experience it seemed which I did not have. I was just a recent college graduate.