What people are saying about Liberty Mutual Insurance
Got a burning question about Liberty Mutual Insurance? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and very flexible" (in 1020 reviews)
- "The pay was good and everyone who worked there was very knowledgable" (in 634 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance if you take the initiative and don't let them force you into more work." (in 524 reviews)
- "It was a great small company to work for and the people I worked with were great." (in 436 reviews)
- "Flexible schedules and work from home." (in 288 reviews)
- "poor management and pressure to succeed equated to poor ethics to meet sales numbers" (in 377 reviews)
- "There are good managers but also many mediocre and poor managers." (in 217 reviews)
- "Bad Upper Management" (in 130 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is too far away from the work and making changes that impact the front line negatively consistently." (in 103 reviews)
- "Obvious favoritism with no reason." (in 70 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Liberty Mutual Insurance and is not affected by filters.
Found 8,152 of over 9K reviews
Updated Oct 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWAug 17, 2023Claims AdjusterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMarlton, NJ
Hybrid schedule (in office 2 days a month), great base pay, background in insurance not needed, 6 weeks of training including licensing, reachable managers and help whenever you need it, schedule flexibility, great atmosphere and numerous opportunities to move within the company.
Not a fully remote position, must live within an hour of a liberty mutual office.
- 5.0Sep 14, 2023Insurance Assistant CommercialCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- 2 month hands on training that caters to your way of learning. - Lots of support - Diversity Equity and Inclusion Huddles every week - Everyone is happy and enjoys their job. - Management listens and is supportive. - Great schedule and work life balance 9-5 job off weekends and holidays!!
- Remote so after training the job can get a little lonely. Its important that you create friends during training and stay in touch. - you get breaks but if your customer takes too long on the phone it hurts your metrics if you are late to break or lunch which is unfair. The downfall is that it makes you feel back for taking your full break because being late coming back from your full break hurts your adherence as well.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews FAQs
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 9,159 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Liberty Mutual Insurance to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
70% of Liberty Mutual Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Liberty Mutual Insurance 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.