Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews

Liberty Mutual Insurance President & CEO David H. Long
David H. Long
3,007 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and easily accessible(in 829 reviews)
  • "The pay was good and everyone who worked there was very knowledgable(in 550 reviews)
  • "Good work/life balance if you take the initiative and don't let them force you into more work.(in 431 reviews)
  • "It was a great small company to work for and the people I worked with were great.(in 357 reviews)
  • "My salary was competitive and the bonus calculations are fantastic.(in 232 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Liberty Mutual Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great Place to Work

May 16, 2022 - Senior Underwriter in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Liberty is constantly asking for feedback from their employees. The company focuses on Diversity and Inclusion. Employees are offered good Benefits; including 401k, Pension, Health, and a plethora of other benefits. Flexible work environment. The company also offers the ability for employees to donate to non-profit organizations and receive an employer match to that contribution.

Cons

When compared to other organizations, Liberty does not have anything that I would consider a con.

Continue reading

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

Thank you for your feedback here! We're happy you've been satisfied with your experience at Liberty Mutual, and we look forward to continuing to invest in you!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing Work life Balance

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company offers flexible work arrangements to help with work-life balance

Cons

Can't really think of any Cons :)

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for

May 18, 2022 - ASSET- Specialty Insurance Agent in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of incentives (bonuses, contests to earn trips and gift cards, catered food, holiday pay if you chose to work on holidays. I worked like a single holiday by choice. Generous pto, healthcare, 401k, dental options). Best company i've ever worked for. They do take feedback very seriously when they ask for it which is unheard of with other places. Managers do everything they can to help you succeed. Mine was amazing and really compassionate/ laid back. I enjoyed my time there. Senior management is very involved at every level. When I was new, I had a few lunches with the higher ups which was very different to me.

Cons

I worked sales so metrics can be a little stressful but the company is very fair about it. They always make sure the majority 80% hit them or they make adjustments to goals.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Solid place to work

May 18, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to have an impact

Cons

Tech stack can vary drastically from cutting edge to legacy depending on the team

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place

May 16, 2022 - Registered Nurse Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency flexibility fair and equitable

Cons

Limited promotion options and opportinties to move in company

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

n/a

May 16, 2022 - Sales in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

very good with growth in company

Cons

it depends on who you know

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Insurance

May 16, 2022 - Senior Claim Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Long hours to get it done

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity

May 14, 2022 - Senior Claims Specialist I in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great benefits.

Cons

Working in claims can be stressful.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

Thanks for sharing your review. We believe in empowering employees to be physically, emotionally and financially healthy. We're glad to hear you're satisfied with the benefits we have to offer!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

LM is a great company!

May 13, 2022 - Legal Secretary in Fairfax, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They really care about their employees

Cons

I don’t have any at all

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

Thanks so much for your review! We're invested in developing the incredibly talented people who work at Liberty Mutual. Glad that was your experience!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Catastrophe claims Adjuster

May 13, 2022 - Catastrophe Claims Adjuster in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay. Great benifits and great work life, honey life balance.

Cons

Hard to be promoted and it's more along the lines of who you know not what you know

Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,575 Reviews

Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews FAQs

Liberty Mutual Insurance has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 7,409 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Liberty Mutual Insurance to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Liberty Mutual Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Liberty Mutual Insurance. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

73% of Liberty Mutual Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Liberty Mutual Insurance 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Liberty Mutual Insurance to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Liberty Mutual Insurance Job Seekers