Lockheed Martin Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Lockheed Martin

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone interview w/ 3+ people. I interviewed with the F-35 Mission Department, which is (from what I was told) more technical then the other departments . There wasn’t any actual coding questions. They more test to see if you have an idea what things are & what they do. The preferred language in this department is C#. My biggest tip for those prepping for an interview is have at least 4 leadership/coding scenarios or projects you can go in depth about . Be prepared to answer questions about any particular project you worked on as well as anything you listed on your resume. *SQL or any backend dev work is a plus.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online, +3 weeks later, received an email invitation to attend a networking+hiring event in Sunnyvale, CA.
    The networking event gives you an opportunity to meet some of the hiring managers that you might talk to the next day (hiring event), and gives you a chance to learn more about the company.
    The day of the hiring event, they give you a schedule where you'll talk with 2~4 engineering managers for 30 minutes each. These are mostly STARS Behavioral questions, and sometimes basic technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2019.

Interview

They go over the interview event in 1 hour. After that the interview process starts and is around 3 hours where each candidate talks to 2-4 interviewers. These are 1-1 interviews with each interviewer. It was focused on behavioral questions and any skills you put on your resume relative to coding.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Lockheed Martin   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about your experience with (business/project).   Answer Question
    • Was there a time you had a member that is not doing their part in the team? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and quick. I was asked several behavioral questions, then given a chance to ask my interviewer questions. At the end of my interview with a hiring manager, I was pulled aside for an impromptu interview with the senior hiring manager for the Huntsville, AL location. I'm not sure how often that happens, but the senior hiring manager simply asked for more details regarding experience listed on my resume and course I'd taken.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a barrier between you and another person to get something done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online for the Software Engineer Associate position on their website that was listed for multiple locations (Texas, Colorado, California) around the 10th. I received an email with an invitation to interview in person and details of that interview process around the 20th.

The interview was near Denver, Colorado, so they flew me out, rented a car for me, and paid for a one night stay.

The interview was the first week of the very next month. It is a two day event. The first day I flew in, there was a networking event with the hiring managers. There was about 40 applicants at this event. During that event they feed you and you/managers walk around and talk about yourself and the company. It lasted about 3 hours. The event was not the most important to the process, but it kind of gave you an idea about the company, their reach, and opportunities. Make sure you ask plenty of questions. They love answering them.

The applicant pool is split into two groups: a morning and afternoon group. The morning group starts around 8 am the morning after the networking event. They give you a presentation about the company and sparse details about the projects they do. You are given a schedule with the people you are interviewing with in 30 minute blocks. I believe everyone had 2-4, single interviewer, interviews. Each interview could have been for several positions depending on the hiring manager. There is a lot of opportunity here.

There was about 20 hiring managers. Each comes up at the end of the presentation and introduces themselves, their organization within LM, who they are looking for, and how many candidates they are looking to hire.

When the interviews start, your first interviewer will call out your name/look for you and you will be escorted into a large room of about 20 tables where everyone else is conducting there interviews. It can get kind of loud in there, so make sure to speak loudly and clearly.

Each interviewer conducted the interview slightly differently. I noticed they were given a packet with a set of questions to ask and to fill in your answer. These are all behavioral questions that need to be in the STAR format as per their packet guidelines. I was only asked 1 question by 1 interviewer from these packets, but the most of the questions I was asked were behavioral. All of my interviewers conducted the interviews like conversations. They want you to relax and be yourself, so that they can get honest answers from you. They will ask software engineering related questions, but nothing technical. It will mostly be about preference and experience with development methods/languages. There were a couple of questions about career interests.

After the interview groups time block is up and everyone has completed their interviews, the talent acquisition team will have you fill out a sheet with preferences on hiring manager and location based on your interviews in case more than one manager wants to hire you. Once that sheet is filled out, the interview day is done and they escort you out. The rest of the day is free for you until your flight.

They told us they would speak to the hiring managers right after the event and get back to us in about two weeks. I received an offer about 5 days later.

On a side note: If you live outside the area where they interview you, they will send you a link to choose a round-trip flight at times of your choice (with respect to your event times) and a rental car of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Why Lockheed Martin?   2 Answers
    • What do you know about Agile Development?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Software Configuration Management?   1 Answer
    • What is your preferred programming language?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

The interview was great in my opinion. For recent graduates, they avoided technical questions and focuses on classes or projects. The interview process was more behavioral with the intent that the interviewee ties in technical experience when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered a problem in a group and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • I saw X on your resume, could you speak a bit about this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Short panel interview with STAR type questions, follow by a technical grilling session. Short written code test at the end. Given tour of the facility (very big, wear comfy shoes!). Very friendly seasoned engineers conduct the interview. I screwed up due to nerves (it was my first ever professional interview) but looking back I could have aced it 10 times over. Deep breaths!

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and then the next day got contacted to fill out some additional paperwork, and then that same day got an invitation to their college hiring event in Littleton, Colorado. They arranged flight, rental car and hotel and everything went really smoothly. There was a networking dinner where the candidates (there were around 50) got to socialize with some of the hiring managers. The next day there were about 4 30 minute interviews with different hiring managers. The whole process was very relaxed and they asked almost entirely personality and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenge you've faced, answer in STAR format.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

I was flown out to a Lockheed facility in Littleton, CO where I met a group of about 30 other candidates. We were shown a presentation about Lockheed and then had two one-on-one interviews with engineers or managers. We then had time to speak with engineers or managers before leaving.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with conflict on a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Since the job requires a security clearance the interview process was somewhat extensive. The in-person interview was straight forward but took a couple of months until I was hired. The security clearance obviously took several more months.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the most difficult challenge you had to overcome and how you overcame it?   Answer Question