Lockheed Martin Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

First contact 3 weeks from interview, on-site interview, pre-set list of questions requiring response in the 'STAR' format, no real curveballs, 2 weeks to decision, little-to-no willingness to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview was more informational followed by 3 person panel interview. The questions were "basic HR" questions - Why are you looking to leave your current position? What makes you qualified for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The job opening appeared in my inbox. I applied online and a couple of weeks I received a phone call to confirm information on my resume. At that time, I was advised that I would probably be receiving a call to be screened for my capabilities. After a week I was called and was basically interviewed over the phone. The caller then explained the process that they had to present my resume to the government representative to get their authorization to hire.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had managing applications and dealing with government.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was very good. Managers were available for questions about the job. The background check process took a long time and in this regard there was very little communication. Sometimes the next step in the process would take longer due to lack of response from the security office.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

phone screening and in person interview with panel and individuals. mutiple rounds of interview took place. hiring was done after 1 month. long wait.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Given a technical exam right off the bat to prove my skill set. I was given a real world situation on a currrent project and provided some of the project's technical data to examine and then after a few minutes asked to provide my analysis. After passing this test the rest of the interview was just getting to know each other and explaining the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Again, the techncial skill set exam.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Patuxent River, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

some of the most useless crap They have full spectrum leadership that has a series of questions in a star format. But the questions they are going to ask are giving to the person they want to hire the others are there because they have to post it and have so many inside and out interview. They gave them to me. I got he position and was told two days prior to the interview..

Interview Questions

• Full spectrum leadership questions 3 hour interview STAR format   1 Answer

Negotiation

Honorable had to hagel with South Carolina HR. They weren't in the interview or process. Just try and low ball ya.. you want you salary to be in the middle of the slide and divide by your pay and get close to the magic #1 you can. That is the correct offer and don't let them tell ya different I know I worked there and did it.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

This was a very professional and thorough process. I would have been disappointed had it not been performend any other way.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was poorly prepared for this portion of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with five people, some managers, some team members. Asked about experience, asked about how would handle various situations. Afterward I was contacted by the manager by phone and told I would be sent an offer packet. That I had to pass a background check and that after I was hired I may not be able to perform my full duties until that was complete but would provide training to fill in the gaps and would provide other duties to keep me busy. I was brought on immediately and could have started the very next day however it was a full six months before background check was completed and thus my position was not as secure until after that was complete. And I could not, as I said, work on all tasks until then and access was not provided. However I was employed until then etc. Sometimes folks are brought on as a contract employee first and then made employee too. I did not follow that route.

Interview Questions

• It has been five years I don't recall the questions per se -- recall asked about how I handled situations with customers and team members etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined the verbal offer and asked for a little more -- they upped the offer a couple of thousand but that was all.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruitment company discussing background, fit and career aims and objectives. Very easy part of the process, I don't think the person asking the questions was technical and was just looking for a the correct buzzwords / phrases. Feedback was slow coming then suddenly invited for an one hour face-to-face interview with a Manager and a Technical Person. Questions started with what you knew of the company and how your strengths and weaknesses would fit in with the companies values. There were then situational leadership questions testing ones behaviours (which lasted approx 30 mins in total) before ending on a mix of technical competency questions relating to the type of project applied for (approx 20 mins). There was 10 minutes allocated for questions. The whole interview process felt a little scripted and forced. Took a long time for feedback which when it finally came was an offer which was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time when you encountered a clash of personalities between two or more members of your team; what action did you take and what were the results. What did you learn from this?   1 Answer