Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very simple and easy. They had a lot of spaces opening and really just wanted to know where you could fit. They have a mindset where they know they can teach you things so they just want to know if you are capable of learning and applying it to benefit their company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after submitting my application through Lockheed Martin's career page, I received a phone call from the Manager for the SWE dev team. We talked for about 15-30 minutes about my background & security clearance (this could be seen as an initial phone screen). We set up a time for a technical interview with him and one of his SWE. The technical interview did not involve any actual coding but instead asked about my past projects, general behavioral questions, and a broad system design question to model the problem set of the specific team I had applied to (satellite communication). It lasted about 35 minutes and afterwards the manager answered any questions I had. A few days later I received an offer from the team Manager. The whole process took about 2 weeks & I spoke directly to the manager (never to HR). I received an offer from the manager after the technical phone interview (no on-site interview).

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite Object Oriented Programming project?   1 Answer
    • When did you have to innovate?
      When did you face an obstacle?
      1 Answer
    • How would you model the system used for satellite communication? (team specific)   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Talked with three different managers that worked on various projects. The questions were very basic, thing such as, talk about a challenge you had to overcome, etc. They did provide breakfast which was neat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process starts off with HR who then asks you some questions and if you are willing to relocate. If they find a suit for you, they will have an on-phone interview and then move on with a on-site interview if you seem to be a good candidate. The on-site interview is a mix of behavioral and some technical questions. You will get notified within 2 weeks if you get the offer for the position applied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project of which you worked as a team. What was your role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Spastic - the manager was a problem the entire time. They would not return my emails/phone calls until months later when I had an offer from another company.
    The recruiter actually lied to me. Several times - flat-out lies, including threats about the IRS.
    The interview itself was actually quite enjoyable. Several experienced software engineers asked relevant questions that actually gauged my skills and we engaged in friendly banter.
    Interview? Great. Pre-interview? Pretty bad, quite frustrating. Post-interview and everything with the recruiter? That person alone almost lost me for Lockheed. Lies, lies, lies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Had to interview with three different people who asked mostly personality based questions and questions based on previous projects. I was in a group of five other people who did similar things.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was great nice management and very respectful. The hiring manger was great she was very understanding and helpful on the phone and through out the hiring process. I love Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Pleasant and no pressure. Interviewer was a little late but that just gave more time to prepare. The interview involved taking me into a private room where I had a one on one to confirm I was interested in the job based on my studies.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was pretty informal, though it seemed like the manager was trying to make it seem formal. He opened up with a really long description of what the team works on and the various projects the team does. He then talked about the position available and what they're looking for in an engineer. After that, he went ahead and asked me a series of technical questions about Java, software development, operating systems, Linux, tools, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very easy-going interview process. They ask you about your projects in school and/or previous experience regarding positions you have worked for and how you have managed yourself within certain environments or skills among others.

Asking questions to the Hiring Manager at the end of the interview also lets you give you an insight of what kind of work you can expect. (very important and surprising)

Interview Questions

• How did you debug during the development of software or 'X' project?   1 Answer
    • What tools did you specifically used within 'Y' project?   1 Answer