Lockheed Martin Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Grand Prairie, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The panel included a director, a representative from HR, a technical lead and a program manager. The interview was about past experience. The panel delved on information delineated in the resume. There were no questions pertaining to what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position and why do you believe you qualify?
    Describe a situation where you influenced an outcome and what were the results?
    Were you ever asked to compromise quality for cost and how did you handle it?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Short notice for interview (less than twenty four hours). One hour long interview, five person panel (four directors plus one vice president). Despite this the atmosphere was still relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were impacted by factors beyond your control. How did you react? What were the outcomes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Lexington Park, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Panel of five interviewers. Somewhat intense interview with a lot of engaging questions. The interview lasted approximately one and half hours. The panel was made of up the frontline supervisor, his boss, human resources (via telecom), lead engineer and one other individual.

Interview Questions

• Largest leadership challenge? How do you handle diversity? What if you encountered a problem with a worker? Tell us about a situation where . . . ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

detailed, good questions, well run, plenty of time, several interviewees, multiple layers of hiring management, Human resources participated, they reviewed the job, they had done a preselection to get to the folks to interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

Lockheed Martin uses the STAR (situation, task, action, result) process and panel interview. They supposedly ask all candidates the same questions, assign a score to each response and the candidate with the most points gets the offer. Most of the time was spent looking at the tops of their heads while the panel members furiously wrote down what I said.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst decision you ever made and what happened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the department head in Fort Worth and a HR person before I accepted a job elsewhere. The calls were about 30 minutes each and the questions were basically assessments of my personality and how I would handle situations. I would brush up on basic principles in your field and the latest best practices. I was told there were candidates more qualified than me but they liked my can-do, willing to learn personality and the fact that I could apply the principles I've learned to real-world situations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions regarding Project Management principles and how I would solve certain issues such as bottlenecks in projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

STAR - behavioral interviewing approach. Very straightforward. "Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer." The interviewing approach is useful. the fact that they don't really understand how to attract strong people or cull dead wood is not so much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer. What did you do? How did it turn out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Direct questions. Answers must be in this format:situation, actions, results. What was the situation, parameters in time, what did you do to resolved it and what were the final results.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• A variety of analytical, behavioral, and business case questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

It was the strangest interview I've had. They talked about Full Spectrum Leadership as the model they follow. An HR person called in from VA, two managers from GA and myself. They had phone difficulty which slowed the process. The entire interview took 2 hours - behavioral interview. The part that was most irritating and distracting was the insistence of the HR person who read the competency and stated that I must answer the question using the STAR method: situation or task, action required and result. She could have told me that ONCE, but before the manager asked 2 questions per competency she read to me and read or repeated the STAR instructions. It felt condescending - as if I weren't intelligent enough to remember how to answer a question and more than that it was distracting. I answered the questions as intelligently as I could but I didn't feel I did my best. I would have preferred that they leave out the HR "business partner" and simply ask the questions. I asked questions at the end and discovered that the contract only has one year left. I've been through this with a gov't contractor before and frankly I don't want to work where I have to worry if I will have a job in a year or two. I'm sure LM is a decent company to work for but my research also indicated that they don't pay as well as other companies and they are too big so if you are talented it is hard to stand out. It is possible I didn't do as well as I wished because I wasn't as interested in the job as I would like to be. My advice is to ignore the HR person if you are intervewed in this manner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a situation of diversity and conflict with staff members.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't feel your completed an assignment as well as you could and what you would have done differently.   Answer Question