Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.5

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Was called to set up interview for a week later by phone. Interviewed by phone; interview was very casual and they believed I was an ideal fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Identify a situation where you experienced conflict with coworkers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

After a multiple of reschedules and dinner cancellations. I flew down to the Moorestown facility. The day before my stay, I was kicked out of the hotel. This kinda brought me a red flag between the company's relationship with the local businesses. So I went down to stay at another hotel. I went to sleep like at 3 in the morning, and I was determined that I wouldn't be going to the hiring event. The next day I had been woken up by recruiter calls and when I woke up, it was already 3 hrs late. After a slight hesitation, I went to the interview and went through the interview. I didn't prepare anything and had no idea what they were doing there nor what position was I being interviewed for. The managers were kind enough to offer an interview for a namesake. I just mumbled along. I had a good tour of the facility and the campus was very nice. Lockheed isn't a company you want to work for if you are serious about engineering, but just the pay or the benefits. Don't be fooled if the interviewers are super-nice, they won't even respond nor any feedback once you leave the facility. There is an interview evaluation sheet you will be given at the end.

Interview Questions

• The managers seemed to be asking me, just for the sake of asking something. Whether you are a team player, work overtime, team conflict handling, questions from the resume.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Attended a hiring event and had 2 separate interviews. Each one was with a senior systems engineer that worked in the group. Both had to ask pre-decided questions that were mostly behavioral in nature (e.g. describe I time when you...). After the standard questions, we talked a lot about the activities involved in the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed in a task and how did you take steps to mitigate that failure?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Phone interview after applying online. For systems engineering position in Fort Worth, Texas. Asked basic team-oriented questions. Said that they were not expecting technical systems engineering answers as it was and entry-level positon. Division was being bought by Leidos, and they asked if it would be acceptable to work at that company instead of Lockheed Martin.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a team project to which you have contributed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New Orleans, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email notifying me of a phone interview. I was interviewed by two managers and they each had a few questions for me and I asked several questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time whether it was something you built or a project you worked on that involved materials science.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an invitation to a reception dinner on the evening before the day of the interview. The reception dinner was rather laid back. There were about 50 other candidates who were interviewing for other positions. Alongwith othe candidates was about 2 or 3 representatives from LM. (none of them were of the ones interviewing me the next day) After dinner was served, there was a brief presentation about what the LM does at that specific facility. (Some facilities are more involved with certain projects than others) Take note to projects, so you can ask about them throuhgout your interview the following day, especially if something inerests you.

The following day, at the LM facility, consisted of a brief presentation about how the company has different benefits for their employees. Following that, you wait in the board room until the interviewing managers come to the room to take you on a walk to their office where they interview you. The interview questions consist of general questions based off of your resume. Others are, "Why did you choose LM as a potential career path?" They also will ask you to talk about classes you are taking and if you are doing any projects in those classes, assuming you are a soon to be college grad. This will happen 4 times as you will be interviewed by 4 different people/managers that are of 4 different departments. At the end of the interviews, you are asked to assign a priority to each manager to indicate your interests for each department. If you seem to fit well into any department when the managers review the candidaes, they will give you the manager/department you ranked the highest.

The decision was supposedly made that day but we weren't notified until a week later when I got an email with the offer letter.

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online, and was asked to fly out to the facility in Herndon, VA to interview at a hiring event 10 days later. It was an easy process, and the interviews were very straightforward. There were two interviews about 30 minutes each. They followed a script for questions, utilizing the STAR method of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an experience where you disagreed with a peer and how you came to a compromise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very stress-free. The interviews were friendly. They didn't ask any useless questions such as "What is your greatest weakness." I submitted and application, received an email to schedule an interview in the same week, and after the interview, I heard back from the hiring manager promptly.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?
      Talk about some of the things on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people at seperate times. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes a piece. You are asked a lot of behavioral questions and also a good amount of questions about your resume. Be prepared to talk about group work. All in all a great experience. Everyone was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you've been criticized and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then contacted an alumnus from my university found through LinkedIn. This person put me into the employee referral database. I then received a call requesting an in-person interview, scheduled for a week later. Everyone was nice when I arrived. The interview was super laid back, senior engineering staff conducted the interview, really only asked about my research and background, content from my resume.