Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lockheed Martin

2.3

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a 30 min Screening Interview, with very basic questions about personality and goals.
The second step was a different day with a 30 min Technical Interview with very basic programming questions over the phone.
The final interview step was a one hour in person interview with staff and management.

Interview Questions

• What is the best skill you can bring to our team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated relocation

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was based around the STARS concept as well as personality and experience based type questions. The interview started off with describing my background and my current experience. I was then informed of the job, its roles and responsibilities. Then I was led into a questionnaire asked by 3 different people on 3 different topics: technical, personality, and behavioral. It was very professional and they offered me the opportunity to ask questions, as well. It afforded me the opportunity to be sure this was a job that I was truly interested in and see if my skills matched what they were looking for in their potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to make a judgment call? When can you recall a time when you demonstrated leadership skills? What kind of coding language are you familiar with? How do you increase your privilege mode in Linux? What type of systems are you familiar with? What is your experience with security such as STIGS? If you were confronted by an angry colleague what would you do? Why should we pick you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviews are more focused on how to deal with difficult customers and a general appraisal of skill set rather than specific questions about code or systems knowledge. Managers also try to get a feel of whether you fit into their local culture well, than if you know what circumstances require a binary sort vs. a bubble sort.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a user who tells you that they hate the product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I've had several interviews within Lockheed Martin. None of them were the same. It really depends on the team, and how they chose to conduct their interviews. For example, my first interview with Lockheed was really easy-going. I went in really relaxed, got the typical interview questions (e.g., why are you looking to leave your current company, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.). I was only interviewed by one person, who was the Deputy Program Manager at the time. It was a small project and team. The second interview I had a few years later was a larger program. I was again interviewed by one person, same types of questions. This time it was the team lead that interviewed me. The interviewer was really looking for a baseline level of competencies, some strengths and a willingness to try and learn new things. Without boring you with all the interviews I've been on since joining (programs come to an end, mobility within the company), I'll share with you the worst. It was a tag team interview. The team was very bright and the work was equally interesting. I had a phone screen first, and shared with them my knowledge and weaknesses. I was then invited to an in-person interview. Every question they asked had nothing to do with anything on my resume, and they were questions that could have been asked on the phone thereby avoiding a waste of everyone's time. So, it really just depends.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected -have you ever written a device driver?   1 Answer
    • Difficult -what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't EVER accept a Lockheed position without negotiating. Lockheed will bring you in for as low as possible. Even if you have a skill or other creds that is hard to come by. Be prepared to defend your reasons for wanting what your asking for. Also be prepared to turn down the position. It could be that you are simply too high for the position you are looking to fill.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2008.

Interview

23 minute phone interview, where they asked about my background, and whether I had certain skills. Never visited the facility before I took the offer. The described the organization of the project, but it was so complicated without at a minimum a drawing very hard to visualize. After starting I became aware that they had so much attrition that they were backfilling at an incredible rate and taking pretty much anyone who applied. I have talked with the other fresh hires and they hired many people outside of their skillsets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate for much they provided full relocation, and a nice raise. I tried to get a sign on bonus and was unable to swing that, but did get agreement on a raise the next year, when most companies would require you wait for the following year.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Interview process is lighter than you would find at top high tech firms in the silicon valley. Expect a phone screening and then a day long in person interview where you will be ask to demonstrate coding ability.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you some physics questions if applying for a job in satellite operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a high salary

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in May 2008.

Interview

They just parade you into the office and ask if you are interested in the job. Interviews at Lockheed are not technical oriented, or at least I haven't experienced one that is. They just ask some questions about your resume and then sell you on working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, they offer you a max range % based on the level you are and HR will only allow up to a certain amount.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was rather lax. Manager only had limited knowledge of the technologies used on his project.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The interview process is a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Here's the offer: take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Onsite Interview

Interview Questions

• Code the solution for the Tower of Hanoi   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate and ask for more than normal rates

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2009.

Interview

One interview. Talked to four people, one on one and two on one. Included tech out.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected. Tech out and general business knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.