Macy's Executive Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Executive Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Was told I would have 2 interview, 1 with HR another with someone in the department I had applied for "product development". I ended up not having an interview with HR but instead of 2 product development associates. The questions asked were very typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What changes have you overcome?
    Explain yourself in 3 words.
    Why Macy's?
    How would you improve Macy's?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round of phone interviews was informal and mainly asked why you would be a good fit at the company. Nothing technical until the interview at headquarters

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First, they came to our school where one buyer or planner interviewed us. Then if you made it to the second round, they flew us out for a 2 day interview that included panel discussions, group business case analysis, a math test and an individual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a short case study where you had to read a paragraph and look at sales data with different associated and choose which one you wanted to coach, and then give a 3 minute presentation on why to your interviewer. After that was a few behavioral questions just getting to know you and your leadership experience.

The recruiter that interviewed me was extremely nice and made me feel great about all of my answers, saying that he was confident in me as a candidate and wanted to move me on to the next round of interviews and would email me with the info in a day or two. I received an email the following week from him saying that I was not selected to continue with the interview process, which upset and confused me because of what he told me during the interview. I felt that it was a bit unprofessional to tell a candidate they are going to get invited to the next round of interviews and then take it back.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to encourage a difficult group of people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college recruiter. First round of interviews was mostly behavioral questions. Then for the second part they give you a sheet and you need to coach on how you would coach each of the associates.
    The second part is a two day process with 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge?
      Describe a time you had a conflict how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

started with a phone interview. then a Skype interview. then a 2 day interview in SF and other candidates were flown in from washington, oregon and arizona. there were group presentations and individual presentations.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer to stick to the facts or get creative to find a solution?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an invite to interview with them. There were two rounds -

First round was on campus and consisted of a behavioral and a scenario interview. The behavioral was pretty straightforward: typical questions about your experience and leadership, and why Macy's. The scenario interview included 3 situations in which you are assuming the role of some type of manager within a store and you need to navigate a particular situation related to your associate.

The second round was on-site and took place over two days. The first day was mostly dedicated to meeting different executives, learning more about the company's history and current strategies, and eating dinner with the recruiters. The second day was when the interviews took place. We had two one-on-one interviews and two exercises (one individual and one group). The interviews consisted of a behavioral (similar to first round) and a personality-based one (questions taken from an online assessment you had to fill out beforehand). The exercises, on the other hand, were essentially case studies in which you had to analyze some information given to you about a particular Macy's store from the perspective of some manager role and give a presentation to the executives at the end of the exercise.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be the characteristics of an leader, and describe yourself as a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiter, then first round on campus. Along with this I had to complete an application with math questions, and then I had to complete two more online questioners.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you uses statistical data to prove a point. Name a time you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a Skype interview and then if selected a 2-day on-site interview at their HQ in NYC. The phone interview was pretty basic interview questions but the Skype interview delved into more technical aspects such as how you would react to changes in the company and how you would solve strategic problems.

Interview Questions

• What is one trend you've seen in the last four years that you think Macy's should capitalize on?   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

A day long interview in NYC. It was a mixed day of group interviews as well as a project and one on one conversations. Hard to prepare but it sets you up well to figure out if retail is for you. A very diverse group of applicants which leads me to believe that it is important to be yourself because there is not a one thing that they are looking for