Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.4

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

After emailing back and forth, scheduled in-person interview in office. Spoke with broker. Mellow and relaxed, behavioral questions. No technical questions, which was probably because this was my first internship and I lacked any experience. Talked through my resume mainly.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY).

Interview

Likely the most awful interview I've ever had in my life . The firm seemed awkward and disheveled, the guy took a phone call during my interview. Needless to say, do not go for this unless it is an absolutely last to say I was underwhelmed by the entire company. *Aside from the lobbyist, the lobbyist of the building was fantastic and the best part of my visit!*

Interview Questions

• "So what is your thing?"

"Why would you be effective in this sales environment?"

I don't recall what he said during his phone call.

"What are your interests?"   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Short phone screen, with an in-person interview the following week. Staff was very pleasant, but the environment is very corporate. This is not a very creative role, and having a background in finance and/or real estate should really be a requirement. This role is required to cross-train with other brokerage support staff roles, so that may or may not be desirable, based on your background. Low hourly pay. Next steps would have been a skills test for Microsoft and Adobe programs, and second interview. I withdrew my candidacy before it got to that point.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in September 2017.

Interview

It was the best interview I've ever had. The operational manager is amazing and made me really feel at home with Marcus and Millichap. They called me in for a second interview and I nailed it and landed the job. Can't wait to start next week. Great benefits and amazing place to start my real estate career!

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in working for commercial real estate?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, basic questions - looking for smart, talented individuals. If you are savvy and have previous experience in real estate you should be fine. The job itself is intense so be ready for a full time sales role.

Interview Questions

• what skills could you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview after speaking with a manager on the phone. I interviewed to be considered as a member of one the teams at the city's office. During the interview I met with the different directors of the team and had the opportunity to ask questions as well as learn about the hiring, training, and day-to-day schedule.

Interview Questions

• Do you have strong organizational and time-management skills and are you self-motivated?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

30 min phone screening. Very personable and understanding. Interviewer asked mostly fit questions and wanted to see that I understood the Real estate markets. Asked to describe myself and walked him through my resume, talked about my thoughts on office space.

Junior Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I have 2 friends that work at M&M in San Francisco. Both referred me to the company and I emailed my interest to the head of the training program. I went in and had a face to face meeting with him. The meeting was strait forward. He didn't even go over my resume. He asked me why I was interested, then he explained a little about M&M and what makes a good agent. He expressed they needed more women in the company & in commercial real estate in general. I then asked several questions I had pre-prepared about the company, training program etc. He gave me a tour of the office and then told me he would be sending me the personality test in my email & that was the next step. I emailed him when I got home a thank you and that I was looking forward to taking the personality test. He never emailed me back. I then emailed 2 more times over the course of 2 weeks, and he never responded. Just completely ignored me. My friends who work in the office even asked him about me, and he basically ignored them too. I'm not sure why M&M would have such a cowardly human being running their training program, completely classless and unprofessional. This is a horrible representation of the company. Real Estate is a people business, and this is not the way you treat people. Beware and I would wait to work here until he is fired.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Pretty straight forward and standard. Started with the online application. Next step was in person group information session. Follow up was in person meeting. Interview questions were standard issue for other real estate firms I have applied.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a crisis?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview, which went very well, the woman I spoke with was very friendly and informative. Allowed me time to figure out how to come down to interview as I am currently working elsewhere.

Have the in-person interview the very next day. Interviewer was a half an hour late for the interview, and didn't apologize for the wait when they finally showed up. Otherwise a standard interview. Asked about my experience, was open to my questions.

Then when I tried to get my parking validated, the receptionist told me they didn't do that. However, the first woman I did the interview with told my that they would validate and I told the receptionist this. She then proceeded to have it validated, having a little machine stamp the company information on my ticket. The overall lack of courtesy from the tardiness to the parking validation left a bad taste in my mouth.