Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.4

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, basic questions - looking for smart, talented individuals. If you are savvy and have previous experience in real estate you should be fine. The job itself is intense so be ready for a full time sales role.

Interview Questions

• what skills could you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Pretty straight forward and standard. Started with the online application. Next step was in person group information session. Follow up was in person meeting. Interview questions were standard issue for other real estate firms I have applied.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a crisis?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview, which went very well, the woman I spoke with was very friendly and informative. Allowed me time to figure out how to come down to interview as I am currently working elsewhere.

Have the in-person interview the very next day. Interviewer was a half an hour late for the interview, and didn't apologize for the wait when they finally showed up. Otherwise a standard interview. Asked about my experience, was open to my questions.

Then when I tried to get my parking validated, the receptionist told me they didn't do that. However, the first woman I did the interview with told my that they would validate and I told the receptionist this. She then proceeded to have it validated, having a little machine stamp the company information on my ticket. The overall lack of courtesy from the tardiness to the parking validation left a bad taste in my mouth.

Office Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

1. HR via phone in California
    2. Meet senior operations manager in NY market
    3. Met Brooklyn management twice

It was clear that office of millennials rule management and somehow nepotism is allowed. Weird that reporting staff to the position were not promoted or invited to interview but we're qualified to evaluate applicants?!?

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I attended a Sales Agent Career Event. It was a fairly relaxed process with very few attendees. People arrived late and left early.

After my one-on-one, I was assured that I would be hearing back from the hiring manager to arrange a second round. However, my follow up e-mail with the hiring manager was met with radio silence.

There are plenty of other commercial brokerages in the LA area. The market is saturated, and as a 1099 you can afford to be choosy. Choose one that is a little more respectful of your time.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill questions--e.g. Why commercial real estate? Do you have a particular area you are interested in? How do you plan to support yourself during the first year w/o income?   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Calabasas, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a really bad experience. 3 interviews total. First interview with internal recruiter for about 30 minutes. Second interview with the same recruiter for another 30 minutes. Third interview for another 30 minutes with a marketing manager. She called 20 minutes late, was totally unprepared, asked same questions twice and had a wrong resume open. After that, there was no follow up. Sounds like a very unorganized and unprofessional environment.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Came in three times around my work schedule. I had positive interviews and clicked very well. I thought it was a complete home run. When I followed up I received several explanations as to why they are stalling on hiring.. crazy month, crazy schedule, budgetary reasons. I was assured that their review of me was very positive and that I should wait it out (this was over a month after the interviews). When I followed up for other opportunities, I was asked if I was willing to be compensated less than my salary requirement (I’m guessing $20k less as per Glassdoor data). Don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What was your compensation at your previous firm and what is your asking salary?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview. Both were easy with basic behavioral questions and lasted less than 30 minutes each. Just have a good reason for what interests you about the real estate industry.

Associate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

In person interview mainly discussing my resume. Also asked what do you know about Marcus & Millichap? Should be menotrable and required to go thorugh Marcus and Millichap training for a $1,500 fee.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I only made it through the initial phone interview and scheduled a "1st" interview with the broker before I decided it wasn't the right fit for me. The woman that held the phone interview was very informative and helpful! She made sure that I knew about any positions that were available and applied to what was listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do I know anything about real estate agencies?   1 Answer
    • Is not receiving Healthcare Insurance from the company an issue?   1 Answer