Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2018

2.4

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through campus job board and was notified within a week about coming in to interview with two marketing heads. The marketing team was great, very easy to talk to, gave an overview of the company and then asked about what my interests were.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2018.

Interview

The hiring and interview process if very thorough, but that's a good thing. The hiring staff are all eager, positive, and clearly work hard. They definitely wanted to make sure potential employees could handle the job, work load, and people of the office in general. It took approximately 5 meetings to get the job offer, but it was worth it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Applied via indeed, within a week scheduled a phone interview then moved on to an in person interview. After this, I had a second in person interview. The manager seemed a bit unorganized and frazzled.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

After emailing back and forth, scheduled in-person interview in office. Spoke with broker. Mellow and relaxed, behavioral questions. No technical questions, which was probably because this was my first internship and I lacked any experience. Talked through my resume mainly.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I sent in my resume and was contacted to come in for an interview. I understood that the job was commission based but I was not aware that M&M do not offer a draw on commission, at least they did not offer that to me. The interviewer said I would pretty much be working 12 hour days with no pay and no guarantee to make a commission. Majority of the day would be cold calling. I don't mind putting the hours in but need some more security than that, especially considering M&M are known for using people as cold callers for a year with no intention of promoting them to brokers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you faced a major challenge in your work life.   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY).

Interview

Likely the most awful interview I've ever had in my life . The firm seemed awkward and disheveled, the guy took a phone call during my interview. Needless to say, do not go for this unless it is an absolutely last to say I was underwhelmed by the entire company. *Aside from the lobbyist, the lobbyist of the building was fantastic and the best part of my visit!*

Interview Questions

• "So what is your thing?"

"Why would you be effective in this sales environment?"

I don't recall what he said during his phone call.

"What are your interests?"   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Short phone screen, with an in-person interview the following week. Staff was very pleasant, but the environment is very corporate. This is not a very creative role, and having a background in finance and/or real estate should really be a requirement. This role is required to cross-train with other brokerage support staff roles, so that may or may not be desirable, based on your background. Low hourly pay. Next steps would have been a skills test for Microsoft and Adobe programs, and second interview. I withdrew my candidacy before it got to that point.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in September 2017.

Interview

It was the best interview I've ever had. The operational manager is amazing and made me really feel at home with Marcus and Millichap. They called me in for a second interview and I nailed it and landed the job. Can't wait to start next week. Great benefits and amazing place to start my real estate career!

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in working for commercial real estate?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, basic questions - looking for smart, talented individuals. If you are savvy and have previous experience in real estate you should be fine. The job itself is intense so be ready for a full time sales role.

Interview Questions

• what skills could you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview after speaking with a manager on the phone. I interviewed to be considered as a member of one the teams at the city's office. During the interview I met with the different directors of the team and had the opportunity to ask questions as well as learn about the hiring, training, and day-to-day schedule.

Interview Questions

• Do you have strong organizational and time-management skills and are you self-motivated?   Answer Question