Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Interviews at Marcus & Millichap

2.4

Junior Associate Interview

Interview

The Assistant Regional Manager conducted my first two interviews. They were relaxed with very few technical questions. My interviewer was trying to get to know my personality, strengths and weaknesses, and level of grit. My third interview was with the Regional Manger. Again, the questions were less technical and more personality-driven. Above all else, they want to find out if you have the grit and determination needed to succeed.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Simple Webex interview with the Operations manager as well as the Regional Manager. The Operations manager was really nice and attentive, explaining the role as well as expectations. The regional manager seemed like he could care less, never even making eye contact. The role was labeled as "marketing coordinator" but that was not the role in the interview. It was front desk manager with marketing duties on the side.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with InDesign and social media?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where a coworker gives you a task, but the task was "due yesterday"?   Answer Question
    • What is your story, what was your previous experience and why are you no longer there?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was laid back, low pressure, and felt like a conversation. I felt that I could answer more authentically this way and the pressure to give a perfect answer every time wasn't there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experience in the field   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a comfortable interview. We just spoke about my past role and how it would translate to my current role. We talked about what would make me successful in this new role.

Interview Questions

• How would your current role translate to this role?   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Agent Interview

Interview

The interview was such a joke. Got a rude and condescending interviewer - also gave me a shady vibe when he talks in incomplete sentences and can barely hear him speak. Started off asking about which high school I went to ( which was an interesting question given that I already graduated college ). Then he started lecturing me about how most people quit by year 5 and to think it over about joining.

I could give away his name here but I'm a nice guy.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard process. Applied and interview took place two weeks later. It was first pre screen with HR or Office Manager, then the second interview was in person at the office.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose Marcus and Millichap   1 Answer

Summer Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Interview

Initial phone interview asking basic questions, about ten to twenty minutes. Followed by an in person interview with one of the brokers who wanted to know more about my background, where I went to HS, what I was studying in college and how I found the internship. Ended up interning for the broker who interviewed me and learned a ton about the industry and company.

Commercial Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Boston, MA) in July 2020.

Interview

So far I have had two phone interviews, and I will be going on to the third and final round of interviews next week. The first call was very preliminary, but provided me with a better understanding of how the commission based salary works. The second call was EXTREMELY helpful--more thoroughly explained the business model, answered all my questions, and explained and how the salary specifically increases each year. Seems like a really great company, and I am looking forward to taking the next step in this process.

Interview Questions

• Why Commercial Real Estate?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in-person interview. The phone interviews gave a better understanding of the role and then I moved on to the in-person interview. The in-person interview started with me speaking with the manager and then I spoke with several senior agents to learn more about the company and which team I would best work with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

I had great conversation with the Regional Manager who explained the unlimited potential but also the work required to be successful at sales. He was candid and upfront about the chance of not receiving commission for nearly a year and was willing to answer questions regarding the training program. He has given me a chance to follow up.