Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

It was quite short and to the point. They didn't ask too much but they definitely wanted to make sure they are hiring hard workers and people that know what they're doing if a problem occurs.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you were in a tough situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

One on one conversation
    Wasn't really ready
    Had two interviews in the same day
    The people in the store look nice
    Not enough hours offered when they asked how your schedule would be

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What is customer service to you
      What does it mean to be a team player
      Describe a situation that you had a problem with a co worker
      3 words that describe yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Totowa, NJ).

Interview

First, I had a phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The whole process was smooth. The hiring manager made himself available in the hours that were good for me. I have a very positive memory of the process.

Interview Questions

• What previous experinace did I have ?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Interview

I had to answer questions about myself and discuss why I would be a good member of the team. I also had to describe and explain my aspirations and greatest accomplishments.

Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (East Meadow, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First you have to watch some training videos then you gotta fill some of the paper . Make sure I ring Green card , social security card . Dress nice and use perfume . Don't be nervous be cool .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (New Rochelle, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

the interview went well and all i was supposed to go threw two interviews but the HR never got back to me i tried email calling and everything all i heard was excuses "oh um the HR is on vacation", "We are still reviewing applications", "We are still doing orientations so you will have to wait". after i was told by the woman in the first interview that she was very sure that i have the job. i rather just be told straight up that you do not want to hire me instead of waisting my time.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw someone roaming around in the wedding section   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

at first the employee are given an orientation.one learn the ways and how's of the co. working for.a quiz on orientation is given.a safety procedures test is taught and review of all things taught is undergone

Interview Questions

• do you have experience in warehouse   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I submitted my application and was called for a phone interview with HR. The interview went well and the next day I was scheduled for an in person interview. The position I applied for was for a Store Manager. During my in person interview I was told that two new locations were opening and that's what the position was for - both new stores were an hour away from the location given on the job posting. At the end of my interview she informs me she's hiring for an Assistant Store Manager, not the Store Manager. I still expressed interest and she said they would be making a decision in a month. She asked to keep in contact because the interview went well. The next day I got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a change and had hesitation from your staff.   Answer Question

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Palm Springs, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in person. I get a call for an interview. They did a group interview me and 7 others. Then they said they will call back those they select for another interview and then get orientation

Interview Questions

• what is customers service, your availability team player, how will deal with a problem, and why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls (Pasadena, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Went in, they said they lost my application, so I had to fill out a new one. Other than that, the interview was great. Very easy questions, non-intimidating manager. I had my second interview on the same day. I met with the general manager and had a brief easy conversation, it didn't feel like an interview. They didn't get back to me when they said they would, I had to call and ask.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question