Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marshalls Interview Questions

Interviews at Marshalls

2.0

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Applied in store and was given an interview about a week later. Interview was pretty simple. The hiring manager described the responsibilities of the job & asked a couple questions about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past leadership experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews - all of which were the most intermediete interviews I have ever been on. They all asked basic questions; "How do you organize your day" , "How do you hold others accountable" , "Define 'Culture'" ... I walked out of all 4 interviews knowing I aced them because I didn't even have to think about my answers! I think McDonalds would have challenged me more!

My perception of the staff was positive, I felt like they were good people... but I also felt like my background with other retailers had put me decades ahead of them. I feel like Marshall's is stuck in the 1990s, lack of technology, poor Customer Service training, etc. Very workload based.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult - like I said, McDonalds would have challenged me more!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Syracuse, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Standard interview with District Manager

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked if they could do any better and they came back with more $$$

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very real. I gave an overall summary of what my vision is for myself and the company I work for. The interviewer told me what the company stands for and what they desire in a potential employee.

Interview Questions

• What I thought the most important part of being successful in retail is   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

The process at first was very fluid and positive. There was a phone interview which went great and then a scheduled face to face a week later. The person that I was supposed to interview with never showed up which was frustrating and the location was about an hour drive plus toll fare. There was a lack of communication from the recruiter who did not communicate any updates to me. It felt I had to chase the recruiter around for an update. Then finally there was another phone interview which I felt went great. A couple weeks later I get a generic email stating my application will not move forward. The whole process after initial phone interview was not a good experience at all.

Associate Interview

Interview

Applied in store and received a call back in a few days. Went through a fairly straight forward interview and was offered the job the same day. Easy overall process

Interview Questions

• How has my previous experience helped me in other positions?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I have no idea. I think that i was just hired on the spot they realy dont care who you are just as long as youll do what they ask with no questioning whatsoever. They hired awful poeple constantly.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and casual. The manager who interviewed me was friendly, and there was another manager outside who had a casual conversation with me when I left the initial interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Two Interviews, One with Assistant Manager and another with Store Manager...Orientation date took about 1-2 weeks to schedule and meet at the store with other associates to do the orientation together at the store all in one

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Mount Prospect, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was not formal. It was very relaxed and casual. They asked easy questions. They just want to get to know you. Any retail position interviews just want to make sure you aren't crazy.