Marshalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marshalls

2.0

Backroom Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (San Jose, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

She asked me very basic questions about customer service, tell me about yourself, what a team player is, etc. The interviewer was kind and understanding, very casual interview, easy to talk to

Customer Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Roseville, MN) in June 2020.

Interview

I visited in-store, spoke with the hiring manager, then applied online. I was called within a few days for an interview with the store manager. The interview was friendly and conversational; we discussed my previous experiences in detail and a few behavioral interview questions. The manager was thorough in describing the position and what they expected from the person in it. I loved the manager's energy and transparency, and I received a call with an offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a best or worst experience you had at a store or restaurant and what made it that way (rephrased).   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Organized and fast, they called me just a few hours after interview with offer. I started working the following week. Interview was on Friday, orientation on Tuesday and 1st day on Wednesday. Assistant manager is very sweet and easy to talk to.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

it was pretty simple they only asked maybe ten to fifteen questions and then they got back to me in about a week. It was easy to schedule a time for me to come into the store and they were very nice and easy to talk to.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Required to answer a few questions, as well as having to watch a couple of videos based on the company's etiquette. You meet with a the two specialist managers, then continue to interview with the general manager, all being asked the same questions, just in more depth each time.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interviewer, who was the store manager, asked relatively basic, simple, and straightforward questions about customer service, job interest, and experience with serving the public. Interview was quick, probably about 10-15 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Asked questions about my personal background and interpersonal relationships. Very easy going. Wanted to know more about you as a person than your particular skillsets. Overall good chance to sell yourself and show interviewer who you are as a potential employee.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that has shaped you to become who you re today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshalls (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 5 other people. Various questions were asked about customer service and how we describe our type of leadership. We would hear back from them in a couple of weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if a customer went up to you with a complaint?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

i walked in and filled out an application. i then was called in for interview, aced the interview and had to complete onboarding paperwork show up to orientation and train

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was super sweet and relaxed. I felt like I was speaking with a nice teacher or a school counselor. She made me super comfortable and I was hired on the spot!