PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,376 Interview Reviews

2.6

Detection & Investigation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH).

Interview

They are opening a new AML satellite office in Columbus. The team will be brand new to the area. At the time of interviewing they had no procedures, no manager, and did not know if the office would be located downtown or in Whitehall. They also had no concrete start date for when the program would take off. Interviewers spent a lot of time talking what they hoped to do with the program. To be fair they simply seemee overwhelmed with the amount of work it would take to create the program. It ended up that the position was really just a CIP verification and fraud check team. If you’re looking for deep dive FIU or CDD investigations... this was not that.

Advisory Senior Consultant - Technology Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Very timing consuming and drawn out: an initial screen followed by an HR recruit who didn’t know the role then three further phone calls with the hiring mgr and peers before being flown to Pittsburgh for 1:1s with the hiring mgr , 3 peers, and the CISO. The one theme throughout this process was a sense each interviewer wanted to hear how great PNC was from the interviewee’s perspective. I was honest; I was sure PNC has pro’s and con’s like any company but it would require me to be on the inside to answer the question. PNC doesn’t have a very mature technology risk operation and it showed via the people I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• What makes PNC stand out in the market?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online through my university and was selected for an in-person interview at their downtown office. I was then invited to participate in their superday in Pittsburgh. Superday consisted of a networking reception the night before and then three rounds of interviews the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone screen then interview was very easy and more based off my personality to see if I was a good fit for the department. I spoke with two managers they were pretty upbeat and friendly. I was called the same day and offered a position.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interviewed with two senior analysts and their manager at once. Was asked detail scenario questions, as well as typical general questions such as 'why should we hire you'. Good-natured and professional folks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had conflicting viewpoints over a crucial issue with your team members and how it was addressed.   Answer Question

Interview

On campus interview then a "super day" round of interviews on a Friday. The on campus interview was with a few analysts that were about two years into the role. The super day was with more experienced people that had been with PNC for many years and held management roles. Lots of students from many schools were present to interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain your involvement in leadership on you college campus?   Answer Question

Branch Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process was smooth and lasted about one month. First you submit your application online. In about 2-3 days a recruiter calls you for a phone interview which lasts about 15 minutes. After that, i got called about a week later to confirm an interview with the manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Mine was kind of a different one because i interviewed with the branch manager and the regional. After that it took about 3 days to hear back from the recruiter saying i was getting offered the job. After I accepted it took 3 weeks to get into a training and after that i was in the job.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The employers from the company were very personable and were looking more for company fit than overall experience. The first round was behavioral-based. The super day consisted of 3-4 interviews and they really were just trying to find a good match for you within the company's many sectors.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement would you look to in order to value a company?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

A hiring manager called me. Asked if I have some previous experience relating to accounting& tax. Asked a few question from my resume and what activities I did in school.

Real Estate Interview

Interview

The process consisted of two separate interviews, one at my university and one at headquarters in Pittsburgh. The interviews were entirely behavioral. I really enjoyed the way my interviewers conducted themselves and represented the firm.