PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2018
1,459 Interview Reviews

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2018.

Interview

Quick Process from initial phone call to offer. I did an assessment then a phone interview then an interview with the hiring Manager. Not difficult, mostly behavioral questions. Just be yourself and know why you want the job.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview on campus that lasted about an hour. The interview was mostly aimed to evaluate soft skills . Next, the company invited me to super day in Pittsburgh, where I had three interviews with different people. Again, they are looking for soft skills but also added some more role specific questions. The week after they got back to me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your largest concern in the market right now and what should we do about it?   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Portland, OR) in September 2008.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR regarding the status of my application and that they were interested in setting up an interview. I received another phone call from HR, and then had an interview initially with the Investor Due Diligence Department, after which they decided I was not a good fit and passed my resume to Underwriting department. I interviewed for the Associate Underwriting position, and then had a follow up phone interview with the head of Underwriting. Overall, they asked about strengths, weaknesses, why I would want to work at PNC, what my background (education and work) was, my goals, and where I see myself with PNC. Overall, the interview was low intensive.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in real estate and multifamily? Do you have any tax credit experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call from the head of underwriting regarding the offer, which I made clear that I wanted a certain amount (I was laid off in 2008 due to the economy, and wanted to have a similar salary as before, not less). It was agreed that I would come in at the same amount as my last job. Negotiation was fairly painless.

Audit Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiting process was terrible. I submitted my résumé online and it took the internal recruiter over a month or so to follow up. He sent an email offering me a few times for the initial phone interview. I selected a time, emailed him back, but he never confirmed. The day of the phone interview I emailed a second time to ask him if the interview was confirmed and he simply sent me an email with the job description and preparatory suggestions an hour before the interview. I also found it strange the interviewer praised the recruiter for his ability to setup the interview so quickly, but unbeknownst to the interviewer, he was actually scrambling because he screwed up the interview time. The phone interview went well and they flew me to Cleveland for an in person interview. I met with five associates. They were all nice and professional. We talked about the position, background, experience and how my qualifications aligned nicely with the position. After the interview, I sent a nice thank you email to the internal recruiter thanking him and the team for their time and again expressed my interest in the position and my ability to add value quickly. I never heard back from the recruiter. No acknowledgement of the 'thank you' email, no debrief of the interview, nothing. A week or so later, (on a Sunday) I got a system generated email thanking me for submitting my résumé. It was like the interviews never happened. As someone who has gone through the interview process before with other major organizations. This truly was a strange experience!!

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Had phone interview with HR, Talked about current position, why I was looking and salary requirements. A few days later HR called back to setup a phone interview with hiring manager who is located in another city. Met with hiring manager and team members for about an hour. A week went by and HR called and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult people in the work environment   Answer Question

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I new people on the team and showed interest in the open position. I met with 3 people on the team. I talked to HR after a few weeks. I talked to the hiring mgr one more time and a offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• How do you promote code to production using udeploy   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2014.

Interview

First round interview with two recruiters, mainly behavior questions, resume and background check. For example, tell us about yourself; why choose PNC; describe how you get a work done using an example; talk about a project in your resume in detail; have you ever worked with a QA team; describe a project about processing a lot of data

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a videoconference with the department head. Was asked about

The second interview was on-location. It was a surprise technical screen in a room with several programmers. I was given a a long technical screen with a large set of yes/no of technical questions, e.g. can this programming language do this, does it allow that, etc. There were also a few questions that were supposed to be open-ended but pretty much required being able to read the interviewer’s mind to get the specific answer they were looking for.

The programmers who conducted the interview didn’t speak English very well, so I missed some questions about technologies I knew well because I couldn’t understand what technology these people were talking about in their heavily accented English.

Software Engineer Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Only had one round technical interview, the interview took about 45 mins. Asked a couple basic java questions, more focused on the technical details based on the projects listed on my resume. Got the offer shortly. Didn't get the chance to meet any one from the team in person until the first day at work.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

This was a large, group interview where I and a bunch of other candidates interviewed with a few different pairs of people over the course of several hours. The quality and timbre of the questions and repartee between me and the pairs of interviewers differed enormously even though they were all supposed to ask canned questions. I was not asked any genuinely technical questions but was not asked back for the second round of interviews, according to the recruiter, because I'm not technical enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you solved recently. Describe something you did which you regret. And so on. (seriously)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2013.

Interview

Initially applied online with resume and cover letter.
    I was contacted by my own personal HR representative within a week of applying.
    She conducted a "First Interview" over the phone which was non-technical just to be sure I was interested.
    She set a follow up interview with the hiring manager, who ended up being my actual manager once I got the position.
    The second interview was over the phone as well. It was a little more about my programming background.
    He asked what I had done, what my greatest programming success was, and an example of teamwork.
    In the end, It ended up being a very personal conversation about both of our interests, work-life balance, and career ambitions.
    He let me know that HR would follow up within 2 weeks.
    HR called the next day and offered me the job. I did not attempt to negotiate salary as I got what I asked for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as they offered me exactly what I asked for.