PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,823 Interview Reviews

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interview with branch manager and regional manager. Take turns asking for experience and sales experience. I had minimal bank experience but high customer service experience which helps. This company is very customer service focused and you talk to a recruiter first prior to having the interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

The initial interview was a video interview. Know why you want to work for PNC, and prepare responses to behavioral questions, especially those concerning group work, such as dealing with a difficult group member.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the local bank manager only. It last several hours as they talked my ear off. I was barely given a chance to speak. I had about 4-5 questions to ask, but the manager demanded that I ask more. They questioned certain experience on my resume and aggressively, "What's that about?" to several items which were normal past job experiences. Then proceeded to blow it off and ignore my explanation. While it was an aggressive interview for a simple job, the manager seemed like I could deal with them. However once in the job, you will have to deal with upper management who is worse. The interview should include upper management and that way the job seeker can make a more informed decision about whether or not they want to work for this company. This company only wants to interrogates you and the interview is very limited about what you can find out about them.

Interview Questions

• Asked how many years I could commit to the job and how I feel about being fully connected to communication with management at all times.   1 Answer

Program Management Interview

Interview

It began with a first round hirevue and then the next round was a three interview super day. The questions were largely behavioral based and seemed to be oriented around the position. It went smoothly and the interviewers were very personable people.

Interview Questions

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, got to meet a lot of different people throughout the super day. Ranked the cities in which we were interested in working. Had a social as well. They were quick to provide an answer.

Finanacial Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making a hire.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

PNC interview process is very behavioral based. They use the S.T.A.R method like many other companies. They are really looking to better understand your reasoning for taking certain types of actions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you saw a co worker doing something unethical? how did you address situation?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interviewed for a position at two different branches by the managers of those locations. Though I have 30+ years of experience in financial services little attention was paid to my background. Instead I was asked questions that I can only gather would be asked of a recent graduates seeking their first job. Those questions were basically scenarios focused on employee interactions with each other and how I would react. The entire interview seemed novice and unprofessional by branch managers who acted more as caretakers of children rather than professionals in a corporate environment.

Interview Questions

• Example: What would you do if you had a conflict with a fellow employee at the bank. Would you try to address it on your own or bring it fight to management"?   1 Answer

Interview

it was very easy, apply to their website, recruiter contacted to set up for interview. interview was on phone call because of covid. interview was very easy. more about behavioral and one technical question.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself.
      why do you have interest in this job.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Phone screen interview with multiple managers and face to face interview with a group of senior management panel. Interview process was pretty straight forward. Got to know the result through agency within a weeks time

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Pretty straightforward recorded interview process followed by a super day which was 2 30 min interviews. The first was with a more senior employee and the second was with two younger employees. I thoroughly enjoyed the second discussion, which involved both some technical and behavioral questions, but the interviewer in the first did not seem like he wanted to be there. Never had I talked to someone in an interview who sounded so disinterested and unenthusiastic. When he started a case question, he misread multiple points and and seemed uncertain in his own words after I asked him to repeat himself. The best way to describe it would be as if he had just woken up and was reading it for the first time.

Interview Questions

• What is a topic in analytics that has interested you in recent news that is applicable to PNC (or something along those lines)   Answer Question