Pizza Hut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.7

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I get a call telling me to come in anytime between 11-12 for an interview. I got there right at 11 and met with the manager. She brought me to the back where it was loud, dirty and cluttered. She was a mess and wasn't having a good day because her morning person called off. She had trouble trying to focus on the interview. She forgot what she would ask me and it was all rushed and unplanned. Lasted about 5 minutes telling me she would call 4 days later if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received bad customer service and how did it make you feel? What would you do instead?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Casper, WY).

Interview

My first job. I applied online. I tried my best to write a resume that would grab their attention. Had no job experience so I looked online at the requirements needed for the job like teamwork, customer service, and availability and explained why I think those are important and how I feel about it and fit into those requirements. Got a voice mail saying they wanted to interview me. I called back setting up the interview. Came in the day of interview and got interviewed by assist manager. Wat really impressed them at the job interview was the questions I asked at the end to show my interest. I asked "What is your favorite part of your job?" What do you feel the most important part of the job is?" After the job interview was over I got the job the next day getting paid $8 a hr and get $240 biweekly. Work 16 hrs a week. Csr mostly work 3-4 hrs a day, they gave me name tag, uniform, and I had to buy black non slippery shoes. And the csr also has to do dough prep too. Worked there for 2 months so far. Training was okay, they trained me for 1 day then I had to complete a computer training thing in 1 day, takes time to get used to the job. Ask questions to get used to the job faster and improve your csr skills. Always state the deals liked in the store to try to promote upselling and be nice and try to ask if the want any breadsticks, drinks, deserts, or salads to promote upselling. Asking the customer if they want extra cheese works best for specialty pizzas like meatlovers etc cause those customers have a higher chance of saying yes. Try to answer phone as much as you cause that helps slow you down from finishing your dough prep and labeling the dough which helps you gain more money and makes you look good on the upsell leaderboard. After I finish dough prep and label them I am suppose to clock out. The managers and crew view me with respect and appreciate my hard work and after work I try to make interesting fun small talk with my coworkers and managers to build better bond.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (New York, NY).

Interview

Good, only took a couple of minutes and the people interviewing me were great. Had to decline though because it was not enough money. Got kids to feed and debts to pay

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for server on Sunday. Got a call from them on Monday saying they wanted to have an interview with me Tuesday. and when I walked in the manager said I would be a dough preparer. I was fine with that. I went in they told me their benefits and what my tasks would be like. They also told me what I got paid and if I had any questions.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

I went to a management job fair. I felt deceived, as it was for very little pay and for a lot of work. Shift manager position in an area of town that has a high crime rate.

Delivery Driver Interview

Interview

Asked me about my experience and familiarity with the area. Not a hard job to get, the turnaround rate is high so they'll take anyone that's willing to work.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Plano, TX).

Interview

The first interview with HR went well. I was told they would be reaching out to me for a phone interview with the phone manager. A week went by before I heard anything back, which was fine. I spoke to the hiring manager, and that also went well.

After that, everything just kind of went downhill as far as professionalism goes. HR didn't get back to me for another week and asked me for my availability for the upcoming week to do an in-person interview. I gave them 3 different days with multiple time slots. A few days go by and I don't hear back. I had to follow up AGAIN to ask if they were able to confirm a date because I do have to block it out on my work calendar, and I need to know in advance. HR finally gets back to me and gives me a tentative day but no other details. The day before my in person interview, I emailed them once again because I had no details for the interview (who to check in with, etc). HR replies back saying something came up last minute and would have to reschedule for the following week. I finally get an in person interview and everything went seemingly well. I follow up a week later because I haven't heard anything, and they never get back to me again.

I understand that I may not be the right fit for the job, but at least be professional about it. If people are emailing you asking for a following up, regardless of the outcome, it only takes a minute to type up the e-mail and it leaves a lasting impression for the candidate. It may not work out now, but who knows for the future, so why burn that bridge? I had a friend who applied for a different role at the corporate Pizza Hut office and funny enough, she warned me about this exact issue, but I was thinking it was just a one off situation. It's not. This seems to be a systemic issue.

Interview Questions

• Accomplishments, what you do today at your current role, and standard HR questions.

Total of 7 interviewers in 30 minute increments (2.5 hours total)   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Quick and easy normal questions about customer service and team work. Just be up beat and remember it's an interview. Dress for success ( no torn jeans ), show up at least 10 mins early and wait patiently.

Delivery Driver Interview

Interview

I applied online and the manager called me within an hour asking me when i can come in for an interview. When i got there it was pretty busy so i had to wait awhile but he asked basic questions and was told to get a food handlers card and turn it in.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Barely spoke to me. Asked very minimal questions. It wasn't a through interview but i didn't mind because I was hired fast and that's what i needed. But now i wish going back, there was more through questions and more information on the managers.