Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2018

1.9

Produce Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I don’t remember when I sent in the application but once I interviewed, I was hired about a month later. Candidates are required to take a drug test and a physical agility test. The PAT test was extremely simple and lasted no longer than about ten minutes.

Publix selectors are paid based on their selecting performance and also have no limit to how much they make. So the faster and more efficiently you work, more you make. The job isn’t hard, but it isn’t easy either. The training was about $13 an hour until you sign for performance based pay. Also this position has a high turnover rate because of the physicality but it’s a good job considering what they pay.

Also it’s very easy to move around Publix if you don’t like the position. Also long as you show effort, management will help you find a position/department to work in.

Interview Questions

• How often did you call off at your current employer?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about publix?   Answer Question

Floral Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Hoover, AL).

Interview

Everyone through hiring and orientation was late by minimum of 15 minutes
    They were chomping at the bit to hire someone with floral experience due to the floral manager going on vacation.
    Tjen threw me into produce so 3 people could take vacation.
    Then no more hours in either.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

First you go in the store and fill out an application, then they call you to come in for a very basic interview and to take a drug test. You need to pass the drug test in order to be hired.

Digital Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable and relaxing, I felt as if I were talking to friends. The managerial staff were very pleasant and down to earth, making the interviewing process less stressful and positive.

Interview Questions

• 80% of the questions were geared towards the tasks delineated in the job description and the other 20% were more of getting to know who you are and what skills you have that make you a a great fit for the position.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview consisted of a lot of behavioral and scenario based questions. The second interview repeated some of the same questions, but was shorter. Everyone was really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with conflict in the workplace and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Cumming, GA).

Interview

You sit down with a hiring manager and they ask a few normal questions. It was a really easy interview. They just want to make sure you are able to work in a retail environment

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Publix brings you in for a first interview with a few managers including the hiring manager. The interview lasts about an hour. Tgey tell you that if you move on to the next round, they will call you in a couple of weeks.

Grocery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Ocala, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

I filled out an application and spoke with a manager. He gave me a call back within the hour and had be come back in later that day to interview. The interview was with him and the grocery manager. They were incredibly pleasant to speak with and wanted to know a lot about who I was as a person. Unlike any other interview I've had before, in a great way. They both agreed to hire me and I completed a mouth swab drug test. Only reason I didn't end up working there is because I was offered a full-time job at another company.

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Everyone was quite friendly and pleasant. For some reason, however, their interview rooms are difficult to find, even for employees. These rooms are set back away from normal working areas. The lights and air conditioning were off prior to me entering the room, in Florida, in August, wearing a jacket, tie and slacks. I almost fainted from the heat. Seriously. The interview went horribly down hill as all I could think about was trying not to pass out. I can't remember the last time I had to focus on my own breathing. If you interview here during the summer months, see if it's okay to wear flip flops and board shorts or other swim wear.

Bagger Interview

Interview

On a kiosk first then all the surrounding publixs would get your application. Then they would email or call you back if you get the job and interview you in person.