Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1,146 Interview Reviews

1.9

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very brief interview. Introduced myself to the Asst. Store Manager before I turned in an application and I had an interview scheduled within 2 days. Wasn’t as much of an interview as it was more of questions about when I could start and what my schedule was like. It was obvious I was going to get the job.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Drug Test, Questions about customer service and experience at previous job. Relatively laid back. Hiring was relatively quick because there was a demand. Orientation and training before diving right into the job.

Cloud Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Interview consisted of a sysadmin having a real conversation with you, and a manager reading questions he didn't understand off of a script. In the end it was "we'll let you know next week", which was several weeks ago. That particular lack of communication/follow-through is why I rated the interview as a negative.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. They had me meet an assistant store manager at the customer service counter, and from there we went to his office. We spoke about the job position, he asked me about myself, and spoke about my previous job and what I was looking for from Publix.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Athens, GA) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later I got a call asking if I'd like to have a phone interview within the next few days. I agreed, the phone interview seemed to go well (basic questions about previous experience, why Publix, what my future plans are), down to the interviewer closing it with "This is one of the better interviews I've had in awhile" and a promise to receive a call back soon for a second interview. A week later, I had heard nothing so I touched base to follow up with the store to see if I'd gotten lost in the shuffle only to be put in touch with the hiring manager who rudely told me "I haven't heard anything about your application, and if you don't get a call, that means you don't get the job" and ended the call.

For a company that prides itself on customer service and a clean image, it was a real disappointment to be brushed off like that after being given the impression I was the sort of candidate fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Publix?   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing in the next three years?   Answer Question
    • On days where you feel less motivated, what do you do to make sure you still perform well?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in customer service?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix in May 2020.

Interview

This interview experience was definitely one of the worst that I have ever seen.

First you will receive an aptitude test that is extremely similar to the average IQ test and that they use to somehow judge a candidate's fit for the position even though the questions could barely draw any parallels to the day-to-day responsibilities of the position.

After that, a phone interview is conducted and it is an average experience with some irrelevant questions that I assume all Publix candidates must be asked. The real issues began with the technical interview.

The interview consisted of two people, the hiring manager and another System Analyst. It is basically a barrage of technical questions that really didn't seem to entirely match up with the job description. Approximately 80% of the questions were related to database management and seemed to be geared towards a DBA position, which would be fine, if they were actually advertising it as such. The other 20% of the questions asked were related to the actual job description but were questions that really didn't seem to determine your software development skills. Rather they were geared towards how well you can remember and regurgitate specific syntax or if you can describe an incredibly dated technology that existed prior to the existence of the tools/technologies that they were requesting which I can only assume means that they are incredibly far behind technologically. To make the experience even worse, the interviewer was almost impossible to understand due to a very thick accent and I found myself asking for almost every question to be repeated due to that. There were also no questions asked about past experience or problem-solving scenarios (i.e. questions you would expect to see in any good interview).

When it was time for me to ask technical questions to the interviewer, it was very surprising to see that they were unaware of some the technologies/tools that they were asking for or just did not some of the most basic tools/skills this position should require.

Overall, this seems like a bullet was dodged.

Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I Applied online and got a call late afternoon two months Later. Only gave me a day notice. That was a tad stressful because I didn’t have adequate time to prepare but I did attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name three qualities that are important to you and why?   Answer Question

Interview

What a painless interview. I wish more interviews were this educational. I learned a lot about publix in a short amount of time. I felt confident in the position I applied for with that company

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Pembroke Pines, FL).

Interview

I applied online and just a few days later I got a phone call to set up an interview. The interview was an easy process for me. I sat down with two manager’s that we’re very friendly and understanding. They talked to me about the company and what they offer.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have with customer service?   Answer Question
    • What position/department would I prefer to work?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Applied in store. They called for an interview. I went in to interview and got drug tested on the spot and hired. Pretty much exactly what I expected. Here are some more words.