Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

1.9

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Went pretty quick, asked a few questions and did a oral drug test. Met with the bakery manager and cake decorator, had to decorated a cake to show proficiency. Did a walk through of the store.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this scenario, your boss needs you to quickly make a order, the phone rings and a customer walks up asking questions.   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Sent in application online 1 hour later was emailed assessment and background forms . 2weeks later emailed for phone interview 2 days later emailed for inperson interview 3 days later emailed to come in for a physical and agility test passed and offered job contingent on passing background and drug test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Customer Service manager met with me for about half hour and went over my resume. They asked questions pertaining to my skills and different departments. Called me the same day and offered me position.

Interview Questions

• Why would I like working for PUblix?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward process. First interview is with department manager and will ask about any prior experience and why you want to work there. Second Interview is with the store manager.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend, and was met by a hiring manager a week later. Not super formal, met in their office and talked for a while before talking about my employment.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

They want to make sure you're serious about working there, so it took about 2 months before I got an interview. However, the interview is basically a formality by that time.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the point of a business is to make money?   1 Answer
    • What is 7 x 9?
      (They randomly dropped this almost mid sentence to see how quick of a thinker)   1 Answer

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Just some basic questions about what you can offer the company, and how you will play a part of continuing to build the winning culture while providing premier customer service to all of our customers.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Attended job fair - which consisted of application/survey and role playing. After a few days I got a call for a second interview, which was a one on one. I was asked a few general questions (why did I want to work for publix, prior job history and what a knew about Publix). Lasted around 5-10 mins. After a few days I was called for a third interview and was told to bring 2 forms of id. I was offered a position and accepted. They did a drug test on the spot and said they would do a background check.

Cashier Interview

Interview

not really a process- applied, was called in, and started filling out HR papers. met with many managers all who were wonderful and very encouraging, loved the process, very laid back and easy going. took drug test on the spot

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, asked what positions I was interested, if they call for a drug test then you got the job, asked me what were my strengths, what I loved about publix

Interview Questions

• What is an example where customer service stood out to you?   Answer Question