Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2018

1.9

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Everyone was quite friendly and pleasant. For some reason, however, their interview rooms are difficult to find, even for employees. These rooms are set back away from normal working areas. The lights and air conditioning were off prior to me entering the room, in Florida, in August, wearing a jacket, tie and slacks. I almost fainted from the heat. Seriously. The interview went horribly down hill as all I could think about was trying not to pass out. I can't remember the last time I had to focus on my own breathing. If you interview here during the summer months, see if it's okay to wear flip flops and board shorts or other swim wear.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a two hour personality test and a one hour interview. It was not long enough to get to know the position or the company. The interview was way too short.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Margate, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Publix (Margate, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Having a friend working and telling me his experience at Publix, I decided to give it a shot and applied. I went to the in-store kiosk and applied for an entry level job due to my age (16) . Right after, I introduced myself to the assistant manager and was about to hand in my resume to her; however, she told me to give it to the head manager who was in charge of hiring. The store manager was not available that day so the assistant manager told me to come back that Tuesday. Two days later I revisited and again she was there but she was in an important phone conference so one of the store managers decided she would take my resume from me and give it to her another time. Later that night, my friend who worked at that publix told me that the manager was out of town so here I am waiting for her to call back so I can schedule an appointment with her.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Huntsville, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

Was very simple. Not stressful. They wanted to make sure you understood what was required and they understood your availability. They were very willing to work aroun my schedule as I was also working another part-time job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available to work weekends as this is required. .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't bad at all. The supervisors made me feel super comfortable. It was like trying out for an all-star team and actually wanting to be a part of it

Interview Questions

• A customer is clearly annoyed because when she went home she realized the strawberries she bought were all soiled. How do you react?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application at Publix on a Monday they called me back Wednesday to interview on Thursday. Got called back the same day for a second interview on Friday. On Friday I took the drug test (mouth swab) and was told i got the job just waiting for the results from the test.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Pensacola, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Went to the store talked to the manager in person and gave her my resume. Got called the next day, interviewed 2 days later. Accepted job same day and went to orientation 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself as a team player   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Very informal and laid back, I was taken into a computer room and asked about my basic personality.. Once she decided to hire me, she did a mouth swab for a drug test. She was happy with my customer service experience, positive attitude, and big smile. After filling out the application, I caught a manager and spoke to them face to face before they gave me an interview, talking to a manager helped get my foot in the door for sure. They are also impressed by appropriate dress (no shorts or flip flops)

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good team member for Publix?   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

They explained what was in the job description and asked if I had any question. If I was able to carry up to 40 pounds or more. They were very nice and professional during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview seemed very straight forward. They were more curious about my ability to handle cash, do math, treat customers with respect, etc. Also, they wanted to know more about my schedule and when I would be available since my job is part time. Overall, it's not a hard interview. I felt very comfortable with the whole interview and just answered the questions honestly. It seems that Publix just wants honest employees who are willing to be team players and work hard.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team player? What is one of your personality weaknesses?   Answer Question