Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

1.9

Warehouse Interview

Interview

It's was short and simple. Walked inside the office , answered questions, filled out paperwork and then I was told that I was going to take a physical test prior to hiring.

Bakery Interview

Interview

I filled out an application for the Bakery department at Publix Supermarkets. They had a building that is separate from their warehouses and corporate offices. It was no more than 2 weeks later they called me to come back for an interview. After my interview I told where to go get a drug screen. When my results came back I was scheduled for orientation with about 15 other new Publix employees.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Relaxed, kind people. The store is always busy so you get summed up pretty quick. Be short and straight with your answers. But they laid down the rules and emphasized what a great company it is to work for. Good people work for this company.

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and it was very down-to-earth. They made it clear what they wanted in their employees, and I was made to feel welcomed and comfortable. At the end, they asked if I had any questions, and they seemed happy when I asked them something. Overall, not bad!

Interview Questions

• What does putting a priority on customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in June 2017.

Interview

If you want to be noticed by the managers at Publix, you must consistent. Before you apply, go to the customer service desk and ask for the hiring manager. Tell him/her a little about yourself and why you're looking to work at publix. To improve the chances of you being hired, ask them what positions they are trying to fill or spots that may be open, then apply for those specific jobs. Thank the manager for taking some of their time to speak with you and that you're hopeful to hear from them soon. 1-2 days after you've applied it is important to follow up, concerning the status of your job application. Ask to speak the same manager you did, to show initiative. I had followed up 4-5 times, mostly over the phone, once in person. It may feel like you're being annoying, but it really shows the manager that you really want the job. I was eventually given an interview. For the interview: figure out as much as you can about the company; customer value is the core of the business. Be very respectful, professional and vocal. Be prepared to answer simple questions about the company and yourself. At the end of the interview I met with the store manager and I was hired on the spot. I'm also 17 years old.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Publix?"   1 Answer

Customer Service, Produce Clerk Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (High Point, NC).

Interview

It was on a job fair and they called me for an interview They were all very pleasant and congratulated me for making it to the second step which was the 1st interview. Just waiting on the second interview.

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online-Took assessment test-emailed for phone interview-received call for over the phone interview-received call within a few days for in person interview-received call for agility strength test/take drug test and background check-waited 2 weeks for response-hired.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about publix   1 Answer
    • Why I would leave my current job to work for publix   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work for publix   1 Answer
    • Why is safety important in the warehouse   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Being told to come in to meet manager on one day, come in that day and time but told to come back next day because busy. Happened for about a week.

Interview Questions

• So you know (the person's name here)?   1 Answer

Part Time Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Sat in the office with the Grocery Manager, told me a little about themselves, I told them a little about myself, went in to what they expect from me in the job I applied for, and how many days they need me to work, gave me my hourly wage at 8.50. Told me to await the drug test and then orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a stranger.   1 Answer

Deli Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied at kiosk on store. Was called back within 24 hours. Just talked to the hiring manager like a regular person. Was hired on spot , took drug test, orientation week later