Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018

1.9

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Interview with store manager and a customer service manager before beginning training. Just asks about prior experience, why you want to work there, etc. In my store it was very laid back and they do a great job of setting up a relaxing, conversational atmosphere.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in early September, Didn’t get a call until October I’d say. Not the most organized process, Some bumps in the road on their behalf. First Interview was generic questions, Second Interview was generic questions as well, They hired me then. I will say if you don’t talk to the managers after you apply, You won’t get the job.

Real Estate- Asset Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

My first interview was with both managers and the other manager’s assistant. They read off a list of 25 basic interview questions. My second interview was with my manager and the director. This one was more about the company/department and them getting to know my personality.

Warehouse Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

short phone interview with maybe 15 basic interview questions.
    then a week later in person interview with more similar questions and tour.
    a week later physical test where you squeeze a grip measurer and pulling scale thing that test your strength along with a drug test if u pass the exam.
    then another week later once hired you come in to fill out paper work before you start working.

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work for publix?
      how important is safety?
      on a scale of 1-10 blah blah...   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Panama City Beach, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

It was very open minded and the manager was kind. Kiosk took some time and after the interview they did a drug test. The whole process took 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied through the computer online. Took 6+ months to get an interview with the manager, the manager brought me to the back and only asked me a question. Was hired immediately.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

It was easy and not hard at all. Just submit and wait for a call back . The manager ask simple questions and was easy to talk to. You should not have a hard time with this job interview .

Production B Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. They ask about your work history and ask what you can bring to the job. They’re very friendly and love to see a smile.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk on a Friday. I was called on Saturday to set up and interview for the following Friday. After that interview I was called to do a second interview that Monday and completed the background check and moth swab. I started orientation the following Saturday .

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Greenwood, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

I saw the advertisement on Indeed.com. The store was hiring for grocery clerks, produce clerks, cashiers, and deli clerks. I applied in person the next day at the kiosk in the store for multiple positions. I called the next week to follow up on my application and was recommended to come in person. I went to the store in person a few days later and met with one of the managers. She told me she really appreciated me coming in person and how she had a lot of interviews. I waited for a few weeks and I didn't hear anything back. My application was about to expire in a week, so I went back to the store to update my info. I asked to follow up on my application and I met another store manager. He went into the office and pulled up my application. He told me the other positions were filled, but there were still positions available for the deli department. He then spoke with the deli manager and introduced me to her. We all went into the back office and talked for a long time. They both talked about the company, what type of workers they are looking for, training, orientation, dress code, how they can make rearrangements for my schedule, and etc. They both were very nice and we all had a chance to talk and laugh with each other. They were impressed with my school life, skills, and my job experiences. I was in the back office for an hour and 30 minutes and then they asked me to step out for them to decide on a job offering. A few seconds later, they invited me back in and offered me a job in the deli department. I wasn't expecting to be hired the same day. After that, they gave me an oral drug test and told me they will perform a background check. It took me a week and three days to get my results back from the oral drug test and my background check. I went back to the store to fill out paperwork the same day I received my results and had orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Why are you interested in working for Publix? What types of places have you worked at in the past? What do you know about Publix?   Answer Question