Qualcomm Associate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

3.4

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Varanasi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

An online test was conducted consisting three sections:
Quant
Basic C
Electronics/Software/Communications

I chose to give exam on communications and was shortlisted for interviews.

Three rounds of interviews were conducted. First one was based on CV and he asked some puzzles and some questions on algorithms. The second one was more technical and was asked questions on linked lists and bit operators. As my CV has more projects related to communications he asked me questions on basics of digital communication, wireless communication. The third round was HR and she asked me about my extra-curricular activities and my contribution in the projects I worked on.

The interview was a pleasant experience and Qualcomm was my dream company. The interviewers were very friendly and offered some hints when I was stuck. You need to be prepared to explain each and every term in your CV and also have knowledge on basic C, OS, data structures.

All The Best!

Interview Questions

• Basics of MIMO, OFDM and was asked to design a circuit to control a motor so that a water tank is never full nor empty.
    Another question was to write a code to change 0xEF into 0xFE that is nibble swap which the interviewer gave me a little help.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Ranchi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Qualcomm India Private Limited (QIPL or QC India) was provided a Dream Status of Recruitment at BIT Mesra, owing to its Attractive Compensation Package and Tremendous Reputation in the Semiconductor Industry. Qualcomm India conducted a Well-Organised Campus Recruitment Process, which comprised of the following steps:
    PRELIMINARY ROUNDS:
    Initial Shortlisting on the Basis of CGPA & Resume:
    Depending on the Highest CGPA of the Batch & Branch, Qualcomm fixes its CGPA Cut-Off which was 7.5 for BIT Mesra. The Resumes of Interested Applicants were provided to the Recruiter for an Initial Screening however, there were no such cases of elimination coming up in this step. Out of 114 applicants from the branches of CSE, ECE, EEE and IT, 98 students were declared eligible for taking the OT, strictly on the basis of the CGPA Cut-Off decided earlier (Selection Ration >= 90%).
    ONLINE ROUND: Platform: HirePro
    The Online Test (OT) is designed in a scientific manner, where you have to select your Area of Specialisation in the beginning itself. The choices provided were:
    (1) Electronics
    (2) Communication
    (3) Software
    The OT is again divided into three sections viz.
    (1) Basic Aptitude & Mathematical Reasoning
    (2) Coding Fundamentals
    (3) Area of Specialisation opted for at the beginning
    Each Section Comprises of 20 MCQ Questions and the time allotted per section is 25 Minutes. You have to take up the above sections in the order mentioned above, you don’t have the provision to switch between two sections here. There is a buffer time available on completion of each section, which is on the candidate, it is never advised hence to rush into the next section when you finish one. The details of the questions faced in the individual sections are as follows:
    (1) Basic Aptitude & Mathematical Reasoning:
    The Aptitude Section comprises of CAT or Higher Level Questions. All the questions are significantly time-consuming, hence it is advised to skip a lengthy question and jump to the relatively simple ones, which will give you a fair idea of the entire paper at the beginning. Solving questions on Data Interpretation, Probability, Profit and Loss, Mensuration etc. will be helpful. Students consume most of the allotted time in solving the DI questions, which can be improved with practice.
    (2) Coding Fundamentals:
    This section comprised of basic C Programming Questions, Questions on Basic OOPS Concepts, Microprocessor Based Questions, Questions on Computer Networking and Boolean Algebra. Greater focus in this section was on input-output based questions rather than writing chunks of code. This section is relatively easy and less time consuming, fairly depending on your knowledge of the above topics.
    (3) Area of Specialisation selected at the beginning:
    I had chosen for Electronics as my Area of Specialisation. Questions in this section were fairly simple, straight from the GATE Preparation Archives, demanding strong understanding of Courses like Basic Electronics, Digital Electronics, Semiconductor Theory and VLSI Design. This section might seem to be tight on time on two conditions, one if you are not confident on your solving approach or you are out of practice.

Interview Questions

• TECHNICAL INTERVIEWS:
      Out of 99 students appearing for the OT, 33 odd students were called for the Technical Interview Round (Selection Ratio >= 30%).
      The students appearing for the Technical Interviews were again segregated into three categories, basis their Area of Specialisation. Generally, the Interview Process comprises of two Technical Discussion Rounds which may extend to three followed by an HR Round if you get through convincingly.
      Unlike Regular Interviews, QC Interviews are intriguingly technical, and don’t start off with “Introduce Yourself” questions. The Interview started with listing down my subjects of comfort. As my profile mostly comprised of projects and internships aligned to VLSI Design, the conversations mostly emphasised on testing my basic concepts of CMOS Circuits. The important questions I faced in my first round were as follows:
      ROUND 1 DESCRIPTION:
      Q1: Design NAND Gate using 2:1 MUX. Draw a 2 i/p AND Gate using XOR gates.
      Q2: Draw a Binary to Gray Code Converter. Explain the steps followed. What are the advantages with Excess 3 Coding?
      Q3: Questions on Flip-Flop Conversion. Explain the difference between Moore and Mealy State Models.
      Q4: Explain the Concept of Small Signal Analysis. How are MOSFETS used as Inverters and Amplifiers?
      Q5: Explain CLM in MOSFETs. Write down the relation between Threshold Voltage & Source to Body Bias.
      Q6: Explain DIBL, is it good or bad?
      Q7: What are various power losses in digital ICs and CMOS?
      Q8: Explain Dynamic Switching Power Losses in context to Digital ICs. Explain other power losses if you know them. How do you minimise Dynamic Switching Power Loss?
      After an hour-long discussion on the above topics, I was taken into Communication Engineering, Software Applications & Embedded Systems. Questions were mostly from Digital Signal Processing, Analog & Digital Communication Systems in my second round.
      ROUND 2 DESCRIPTION:
      Q1: What is Bit Interleaving? Explain the conventional techniques used for Bit Interleaving.
      Q2: Draw the Constellation Diagram for QPSK Modulation. Is this diagram the most optimised one? (Relate to Probability of Error)
      Q3: What is the Multiplication Property of Fourier Transform? Draw the Fourier Transform of Rect, Sinc and Triangle Waveforms.
      Q4: Write down the Properties of Dirac Delta Function
      Q5: What are the Characteristics of Super-Heterodyne Receiver?
      Q6: Draw and explain the Block Diagram for QAM System. Define Signal. What are the conditions for Stability & Causality of Signals?
      Q7: Derive the Shannon’s Channel Capacity Theorem. Is it possible to achieve infinite data rate?
      Q8: What are the differences between Sampling & Quantization? Why is Sampling followed by Quantization and not the other way round?
      Q9: Compare FIR and IIR Filters. What is a Linear Phase FIR Filter?
      Q10: What are the various search algorithms you are aware of? Explain the Binary Search Algorithm.
      ROUND 3 DESCRIPTION:
      The Technical Discussion Rounds were followed by an HR Discussion. We discussed more on the Job Profile being offered. It was a very satisfying process for me, with 12 selections from BIT Mesra (Selection Ratio >= 30%).   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gujrat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Gujrat (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

test comprised of a online test which had three sections ,it was conducted by hirepro ,three sections were apti 20 ques in 20 min , this is usually the toughest section you will find in qualcomm's paper, 20 question of software relatively easy , and the last one your core electronics part which had questions from digital analog microprocessors ,it is quite unpredictable section ,be ready for anything ,one year and the very next year levels can be highly varying as well as the topics.

and then interview consisted of three rounds
    tech one
    tech two
    hr round

Interview Questions

• they ask you basic questions in interviews mostly from digital and analog .and they specifically devote some time for verilog as well. a good question was also asked like divide by three clock , and no divisibily by 5 as well.   Answer Question

Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Manipal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very tedious. There were two rounds of technical interview and last round was HR. Many questions were unapproachable to me but I partially answered with whatever knew. First round was aptitude test which had technical questions also. And the whole process concluded that you should be pretty clear with basics

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Allahabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Good Questions of Operating system and Networking are asked. you should need good knowldge of c and c++. you should be good at coding and think logically in interview. two technical rounds and one HR round. 1st technical is light. 2nd one is hard and HR round is good. finally after 2 hours they declared result.coding questions were easy. project should be prepared carefully

Interview Questions

• delete a node from linked list with given pointer of node only

memory mapping of code   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Allahabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

was quite easy bad management by hirepro though too many people were selected interviewer wasnt even paying attention was quite easy bad management by hirepro though too many people were selected interviewer wasnt even paying attentionwas quite easy bad management by hirepro though too many people were selected interviewer wasnt even paying attentionwas quite easy bad management by hirepro though too many people were selected interviewer wasnt even paying attention

Interview Questions

• Digital electronics , Analog electronics , verilog   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

A technical test conducted online consisting of IQ, technical and coding based question followed by a technical interview with questions based on resume and past coursework.
    Based on that I was given an intern position and we were expected to perform well and an exit interview was conducted by senior HR

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Chennai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Technical questions based on signal processing, digital communication. It depends on whether you re interested in the vlsi design or communications. Overall the interviewer was really cool. It is not like a stress interview. Be prepared on the basic fundamentals of wireless communications & hardware designing.

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

It has four rounds of interview. To begin with we had a written test and then a technical interview. Followed by a Hr interview. After the internship we also had a exit hr interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked my how I would debug a certain code as well as how many types of testing are totally present in this kind of a job.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

It was an on-campus recruitment drive and there was an online written test followed by two technical and one HR interview a week after the test results were out.
    The written test consisted of three sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Programming, VLSI/Communication. I appeared for the job in VLSI domain. There are basic questions asked in VLSI from Verilog,Digital Circuits, Microprocessor and programming questions included just finding the output for simple programs involving loops and selecting the correct implementation of a code,questions are not language specific, they are written in terms of algorithms. Quantitative Aptitude is also very simple.
    There were two technical interviews. In my first intterview questions were basically targeted at CMOS Devices and my projects that i had done during my B.Tech.
    In the second round of interiew questions were about digital system design(front end) and he also asked a few puzzles just to check the approach for tackling the question
    In the last round, just salary details were mentioned to me and i got selected.

Interview Questions

• You are given a disc with alternate black and white sectors and it is rotating and we need to judge the direction of rotation of the disc.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Keep the basics of digital circuits prepared and try to be talkative during the course of interview and try to tell them what approach you are following while tackling a question.