Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview, he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the use of static variable?
    What is the use of extern ?

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their career website, got a response within a week for a phone interview. Phone interview was a lot focused on my resume, about the project​ and technologies I worked with. Within 10 days I got an on-site interview invitation. I interviewed with 6 different people, 3 engineers, 2 manager and 1 HR. I prepared using Glassdoor and studied over things mentioned in requirements. It was really good experience, everyone was really cool and that helped me to not freaking out as I'm usually nervous.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my projects, some programming which you should be able to do if you are working on competitive coding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

had a telephone screen interview, basic technical questions, no specific about the open job. asked about work history, previous project, and few basic embedded system programming questions, like C language, interrupt handling etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what's a interrupt in embedded system?
      How do you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the careers section of the company. Got an invitation for phone interview. I was asked to solve programming questions in C/C++. Later, i got invite to attend the onsite interview. Overall i had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Ist round involved C/C++ simple programming questions. Second round on multi threading and assembly program. Other rounds focused on designing related questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

At first a HR contacted me to learn some background about me. Then she scheduled me 1 phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. Onsite interview was composed of 4 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Interviewers are very nice, they ask some questions about C coding and DSP.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the Intern position for the 5G and CDMA team. For the first team, the interviewer asked me questions on TCP and UDP. The other interviewer (2nd team) asked questions in OS specifically on Mutexes and Semaphores. Had to implement functions in C during both the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The first interview - Calculate the set bits of a number.   1 Answer
    • Second Interview - Return the most frequent character in a string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

From 9am - 3pm. 5 technical interviewers each spent 30-45min talking with me. One engineer took me to nearby place for lunch interview. One HR wrap up interview after the technical interviews at another weird looking building.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interviews and onsite. It makes me angry to interview with them. They are not nice at all, and they ask some questions that make you do not know what you need to answer. They seems to have racial discrimination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First with a 45 min Telephone interview. Then Onsite interview which takes 6 round include 1 HR round at last. Each take about 45 min, most interviewee are friendly and kind.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

First they emailed for scheduling a technical phone interview within a week. The interview experience was very good even though I did not perform well. He mainly asked about Operating systems and C. As I am from Electrical background, I did not have much knowledge about operating systems. The interviewer would give enough hints on the questions you fumbled. Its an easy interview for computer science majors I guess. It lasted for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It started with C questions:
      -storage classes in C
      -Dynamic memory allocation
      -Binary tree and its time complexity
      -different sorting methods, and asked to explain quick sort, time complexities
      -what is linked list, what is its time complexity
      -asked to write atoi function code using screen share

Operating Systems:
      -what is a thread
      -context switching
      -inter process communication
      -preemptive and non preemptive process
      and other things which I had never heard before and don't even remember.