Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview which consisted of basic OS and data structure questions. Was called for an on-site interview after that. Onsite interview was 6 technical interviews. Questions from C, data structures, OS, bit manipulation etc. The whole interview process took an inordinate amount of time and I had to wait nearly a month after the interview to learn the final result.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

1 hr interview. Questions on the subject of RTOS, Data Structures and C++ logic programming. There were 2 questions towards the end of the interview where I was asked to code and read it out.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Got a call from HR within a month fro when I posted the resume on their website. Initially there was a phone screen interview from one ofbtheir directors. A week passed before HR contacted for an onsite interview. That consisted of 5 interviews plus one with HR at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult technical issue that you had and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate given the job market and qualcomm's position in the cellphone market.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

first a phone interview; if you clear that you are called for a day long one on one interview where you will be interviewing with the team members you will be working with

Interview Questions

• how to swap big endian and little endian?   4 Answers

Negotiation

Just ask for more money and more bonus with HR before accepting the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone interview. Was asked questions on network device driver and c programming questions like static global vs static etc. Mac header for 802.11. Did not go very well as I do not experience with network device drivers. After 2 days I got a reject mail from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Static global function in C, explain mac header for 802.11   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I have applied online and received a call from HR in 5 days. Then a phone interview was scheduled within a week and after clearing it, an onsite was scheduled after 3 weeks.

Phone Interview Questions :
    Brief me about your resume
    Explain Thesis project
    Basic OS concepts like concurrency, IPC

Onsite Interview :
    Work Experience projects
    Basic C and C++ : strings, virtual functions
    Bit manipulation
    OS Concepts
    Power related Embedded concepts

People were understandable and encouraging .....

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

The questions were all technical related to C and data structures. embedded systems and RTOS

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no scope for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was mainly about my resume, since I'm a new graduate. Since I did OK on that, I'm invited to San Diego for an on-site. 5 staff engineer and 1 HR are in my panel. All the questions are technical, related to the position I'm applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Here were the questions that were asked:
    1. Linked List - how to traverse through the linked
    2. Linked List - how to delete a node in the linked List
    3. Given a 1024x768 square, how do know which pixels are black and which pixels are white.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

I first got a call for a phone interview with a manager of the team. It was a one hour long interview and consisted of questions about pointers, page faults, memory leak, CPU cycles. I was asked to write a string concatenation function and a string comparison function without using the built in functions. Then as required for the position he asked me a lot of questions about 3D computer graphics. Then I was also asked simple concepts in C++ like copy constructor, deep copy, shallow copy and so on. If your basic concepts of CS are clear you can go through this interview. Then I was scheduled for a second phone interview. This interview was more Computer Graphics oriented. The interviewer emailed me two textured images and asked lots of questions on them. Then he asked me more position oriented questions like define benchmarks for the game you are playing on your smartphone. This interview was more technical than the first one and drilled through all the concepts required for the position. Then I got a call for an on-site interview which mainly consisted of my past experience. I was asked to write a code to find the most frequent character in a string. Overall it was a very good experience interviewing with Qualcomm. The interview process was very specific.

Interview Questions

• Based on the texture images I just emailed you, what do you think must have gone wrong? How would you fix it?   Answer Question