Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

First about an hour phone call, pretty simple questions on C++, not much about my work habits.
Next was onsite interview, which was 5 hours of interviews with 5 different people. Some of the interviews were really friendly and pleasant. However the other half were just mean and condescending. It didn't seem like they wanted to be there or talk to you at all and they just endlessly throw question after question at you without time to breathe and a lot of the questions were difficult. Expect a lot of left-field algorithms and nitty gritty C++ questions that nobody uses in real life. I left the building feeling very tired and discouraged and it wasn't a great experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

My skill sets match perfectly with their wireless system jobs but got selected for some software position interview. Have a feeling that either their HRs are not doing their job or they are bluffing on their career website. Anyways, I got 6 technical interviews, 4 from the group I am interviewing with and two outsider engineers. Questions are typical CS questions. They value skill sets rather than potential. Guess only Microsoft will consider people from Mechanical or Philosophy major as SDEs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of telephonic interview(1 tech + 1 hr),HR interview was about interests in QCT,team and so on,Tech round consisted of C,OS concepts,Data structures and a puzzle.Got a positive response in 5 days and was called onsite,Onsite interview comprised of 6 tech rounds and 1 hr rnd,Again the focus was on writing code in C,OS and Networking. Its 2 weeks now and i havent yet heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

As part of the recruiting event Destination Q, I flew to San Diego to participate in interviews. There were three technical interviews focusing on: C/C++, RTOS, and Problem Solving. The interview experience depended entirely on who you were fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to get. Some interviewers were phenomenal while another was absolutely terrible. San Diego is a beautiful area, though, and should be considered.

Interview Questions

• How would you limit access to memory between multiple processors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview on simple C and C++ . The interviewer basically looked into if I know wat i am talking.

After that I had an online test..They sent me a ssample program and wanted me to mail it in 30 minutes.
    It was on reversing the bits of a number.

I was invited for an on site interview . The interview went daylong...may be 5 in total (including lunch interview).

It was on C, C++ and data structures and OS concepts.

I am not a CS major and all though I kept OS on my resume, I dont know much abt it and I didnt perform well in 2 interviews.. Although the rest of the interviews were good.

But the interview was not tough at all. Know all that u keep on ur resume.

Interview Questions

• If 4 ants start on four sides of a square at the same time in either direction... whats the probability that they wont collide?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my University's online recruiting system. Received a call a couple months later to participate in their Destination Q recruiting event. Interview consisted of three interviews. One was on Operating Systems, another C programming concepts, and the last one was general problem solving and critical thinking. The interviews were fairly easy for the most part and the interviewers really nice. I was surprised because I was expecting much more difficult interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you have a variable i decalred as "int i" that gets incremented in an interrupt handler, how would the graph look as a function of time and the value of i?   2 Answers

I did not like that the interviews were entirely technical. It felt like I was just a number to them instead of a person. The HR people also seemed kind of stuck on themselves. Qualcomm is a good company, but the work didn't sound as interesting as my other offer and their offer was not nearly as competitive salary wise with such a high cost of living in San Diego.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had an on-site interview with GPS team. Interviewed with 6 people, including 2 managers, 3 Sr. engineers and 1 HR person. Each took about 50 minutes. Very technical. Was tested with wide range of questions including OS, C, boot sequences, and microcontroller architecture. Interviewers are all very nice. Imo too nice that sometimes you thought you did better than you really performed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

Interview

I had several phone interviews with Qualcomm for their embedded firmware engineer positions but failed to score an on-site one mostly because I wasn't very prepared for their technical questions. So make sure you got the basics down before applying. As much as I remember, those interview questions cover lots of C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls, as well as other computer science knowledge. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

This is supposed to be a great place to work? Employees have a cocky attitude overall. Interviewers gave the impression that I should have felt I was about to be admitted into heaven. Seemed overly concerned with where I got my degree - even though I've been working in the industry for over 15 years. Company is advertised as being open, laid back, and rewarding, but one wouldn't know it from the interview process!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this position at Qualcomm?   1 Answer

See above.