Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

257 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Took me into a room and asked questions about projects on my resume. After this did some technical questions involving string parsing on the whiteboard. The interviewer gave hints to solve the problem. We ended with him letting me ask questions regarding anything about the company and the internship program.

Interview Questions

• Asked about project experience.   2 Answers
  • Asked technical questions regarding string parsing.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer first asked me about my projects and I described the detail. He then asked some questions about my projects. Later, he asked me questions about machine learning and c++. Then he told me I will be notified if I have more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are the difference between classification and regression?   Answer Question
    • What is the data structure of dynamic memory? Heap or stack?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions on C, pointers, dynamic memory allocation,string manipulations, quick overview on resume
    Onsite interviews.five one-one interviews with senior engineers and senior director of engineering.
    one lunch casual chat interview
    one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Piece of code with static variable and whether the function is thread safe
      2.Simple program on string
      3.Big and little endian
      4.negative of a number
      5.Client & server communication using sockets
      6.structure padding
      7.Piece of code and find the errors. One was pass by reference, and the other was simple on range check.
      8.Questions on resume and previous project work   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview, he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the use of static variable?
      What is the use of extern ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

My friend referred me to a recruiter who referred me to another recruiter. I was scheduled for interviews with two different people who worked at the company. The first interviewer asked me behavior questions and then a technical question on a google doc. The second interviewer asked asked for behavior questions and vocally tested my knowledge of C++.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my C++ courses and pointers.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their career website, got a response within a week for a phone interview. Phone interview was a lot focused on my resume, about the project​ and technologies I worked with. Within 10 days I got an on-site interview invitation. I interviewed with 6 different people, 3 engineers, 2 manager and 1 HR. I prepared using Glassdoor and studied over things mentioned in requirements. It was really good experience, everyone was really cool and that helped me to not freaking out as I'm usually nervous.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my projects, some programming which you should be able to do if you are working on competitive coding.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

had a telephone screen interview, basic technical questions, no specific about the open job. asked about work history, previous project, and few basic embedded system programming questions, like C language, interrupt handling etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what's a interrupt in embedded system?
      How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the careers section of the company. Got an invitation for phone interview. I was asked to solve programming questions in C/C++. Later, i got invite to attend the onsite interview. Overall i had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Ist round involved C/C++ simple programming questions. Second round on multi threading and assembly program. Other rounds focused on designing related questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

At first a HR contacted me to learn some background about me. Then she scheduled me 1 phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. Onsite interview was composed of 4 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Interviewers are very nice, they ask some questions about C coding and DSP.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the Intern position for the 5G and CDMA team. For the first team, the interviewer asked me questions on TCP and UDP. The other interviewer (2nd team) asked questions in OS specifically on Mutexes and Semaphores. Had to implement functions in C during both the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The first interview - Calculate the set bits of a number.   1 Answer
    • Second Interview - Return the most frequent character in a string.   Answer Question