Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

First they emailed for scheduling a technical phone interview within a week. The interview experience was very good even though I did not perform well. He mainly asked about Operating systems and C. As I am from Electrical background, I did not have much knowledge about operating systems. The interviewer would give enough hints on the questions you fumbled. Its an easy interview for computer science majors I guess. It lasted for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It started with C questions:
    -storage classes in C
    -Dynamic memory allocation
    -Binary tree and its time complexity
    -different sorting methods, and asked to explain quick sort, time complexities
    -what is linked list, what is its time complexity
    -asked to write atoi function code using screen share

Operating Systems:
    -what is a thread
    -context switching
    -inter process communication
    -preemptive and non preemptive process
    and other things which I had never heard before and don't even remember.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by a large team over the course of around 3 hours, with two people interviewing me at a time. Talked about my experience and was given some programming challenges. Atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and was overall an enjoyable experience. Most of the interview was spent discussing my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• They had me solve some coding challenges from popular websites.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Phone Interview for embedded sw engineer, then after 1 week scheduled the interview call. interview started on time. interview was on C, OS, Algorithm.
    Cache Memory Concept
    Review x++

Interview Questions

• Find the comman node in given two Linklist, Optimize code and reduce time complexity.
      Cache Memory Concept
      Review x++
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for software engineer of Qualcomm in August. I had phone interview in the end of September. After 2 weeks, the HR emailed me about onsite interview invitation. And in the end of October, I went to San Diego for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1. What is Static keyword
      10. Programming: Byte Reverse of an integer

Onsite:
      4 technical, 1 director lunch, 1HR
      Round1
      All previous projects in details.
      C programming:
      Sort an integer array. Time Complexity.

Round2
      Projects in detail.
      Programming: Binary Tree inorder Traversal.
      Stack overflow

13) Memory corruption
      14) Deadlock
      Programming
      1) Output numbers of 1 in an integer
      2) Given a number, if it is fibonacci number, output true, else false.
      Round4
      6) Stack vs heap
      7) Memory map
      Programming:
      1)Reverse Bits of an unsigned 16-bit integer
      2)All non-negative integers. First Array is missing a number to form the second array (the missing number is replaced by 0). And then shuffle the second array. Try to find the missing number.

Lunch interview:
      Just check my background and then chat:)

HR:
      Ask basic questions about background, start time, visa, salary expectation
      Talk about Qualcomm employee’s benefits package.
      Ask questions if you have.
      Just casual talk:)
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I first met them when they came to visit our campus. The conversation went very well and they seemed very interested in my research. Then, several weeks later, I was invited for the round 1 the on campus interview
    round 2 San Diego Interview

Interview Questions

• Write a program that does ___ in C   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Asked C and C++ questions, including keywords, pointers, code on shared electronic document. An HR person alerts of interest for an interview. The hiring manager sets up phone call. Phone screen is 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied qualcomm online on September, got a phone interview after three days. The phone interviews took 45 minutes and it went will. I was Invited to on site interview at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Talked about the resume, asked basic questions about memory allocation, deallocation, garbage collection. Virtual memory.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

One Phone interview.
    Process for phone interview happened to be in one week
    And then directly On-Site inteview.
    On site was at San Diego,2016.
    More questions on programming. Practise more precisely.
    Brush up your skills more on programming part and refer glassdoor before the interview.

Interview Questions

• All about C lang or any one specific language you very well know about.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by HR email; notified that I would get a call from internal team in 3-5 business days. Got an email from the hiring manager to setup an 45 minutes phone interview and I was notified to have access to PC for collaborative problem solving (software) . The manager was very polite, helpful. The first 15 minutes were to talk about my project and experience. Then we moved on to the coding snippets. I was asked about pointers, functions including how it would work under the hood - stack, heap behaviors.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 3-4 coding snippets and questions related to static, pass by reference/value, pointers, heap and stack memory allocations. function calls, data types. Implement a function body for a multiplier without any multiplication operation (also to improve my solution in terms of performance)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First phone interview, then onsite interview. I interviewed with five staff separately in the company. It took almost 6 hours. I answered almost all of the interview questions. But at the end I guess they were not sure about the task they would employ for the position. They asked me to write a few codes for ordering numbers on the board.

Interview Questions

• They asked lots of questions about machine learning and computer vision. Some of them are basic and some of them are very in detail.   Answer Question