Qualcomm Software & Systems Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software & Systems Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

2.8

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

3 phone interview followed bu on site.
Not difficult, questions based on you resume and previous work experience.
Should have very clear idea about basic communication theory

Be prepared to have some questions regarding any programming language on your resume.
Focus on automation and programming skills

Interview Questions

• Design the communication system for the mobile station receiver   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. The person I spoke to was very friendly and helped me get to few of the answers for the questions he asked. The questions were mostly general telecommunications questions and a couple operating systems questions.

The second interview was on-site. The process took nearly the entire day beginning at 9 in the morning and ending around 4 in the afternoon. I met with the head of HR then moved to a different building to meet with one of the engineers. After this was the lunch interview with the head of the QA department. After that I met with another engineer who tested my problem solving abilities. The last interview was with a software engineer who tested my knowledge of various languages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email and set up a phone interview a few days later. I spoke briefly with the hiring manager about my past experience then he began to ask technical questions. The questions related to object oriented programming despite that the job description did not ask for that skill and my resume did not say I had it. I don't really understand why they contacted me and I assume there must be some miscommunication between HR and the hiring manager. I was quite disappointed by the experience as I had previously thought highly of the idea of working for Qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• When would you use a class in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Systems Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of phone call followed by onsite. telephone screening was fairly simple.
    Onsite interview was a round of 6-7 interviews, 1 including even during the lunch.
    each interview was 30-45 mins, most of the interviewers seemed to be in a hurry.

Interview Questions

• since this was a test position, questions were mainly regarding the resume and behavioral.
      Only one interviewer asked questions related to data structures and algorithms.
      Answer Question

Software & Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online & got an email after 2 Weeks.
    Phone interview followed by onsite interview after month & half.

Systems Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

these guys love Perl and Python and C. Make sure you prepare that. very text book interviews, the interviewers have probably worked at Qualcomm all their lives , so all they know or want you to know is the stuff they work on..which is scripts in perl or python or programming in C. Many are open source lovers so linux helps and please do yourself a favour and learn CDMA even if you have never used it before.

Interview Questions

• Writing PERL scripts on the spot on paper or board. formatting is something you are assumed to know..no using google :(   Answer Question