Qualcomm Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

2.4

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Got the interview 2 weeks after career fair. It was on campus for an hour. We discussed my resume and experience first and the interviewer asked me 2 technical questions. Got my offer next week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was at a booth with a manager for the company. Overall, the experience went well. Honestly, this was very nerve-wracking given that the hiring manager was staring at me the entire time to finish my problem. It is difficult for me to work under pressure, so that is why I found it challenging for me.

Interview Questions

• Write a C Program to calculate the dot product of two vectors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. They have quick process. It only took approximately two weeks. The interview was about 80 minutes long over the phone. Make sure what you put on your resume is something you actually know or excelled at. They seemed to focus on what I have done and wanted me to explain most of my projects. Based on that they asked follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What gets saved when a process is interrupted? where does it get saved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (West Lafayette, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

Only had one round of on campus interview. Problem solving and coding questions were asked during the interview, as well as the previous academic and professional experience. Difficulty was average overall.

Interview Questions

• One question asking to find the flaws of a segment of code, another solving a coding question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2017.

Interview

Had a referral which led to a 45 minute on campus interview. The interviewer went over my resume and asked me specifically about a past project and about the work I had done in my past internships for 15 minutes. The last 30 minutes were set aside for 2 programming questions which were to be answered on paper.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Cleveland, OH) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online, went to the national SHPE conference (look that up) and had an interview there. Single 45 minute interview, C programming questions. Glazed over behavioral and went into some technical questions. Got a call from my contact a few weeks later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Given the following code, why won't it work?
      Write one line to fix it

int main() {

uint8 x = 0;
      while (x < 255) {
      x = x + 2;
      print(x); // yes I know this is wrong
      }
      }   1 Answer
    • Say you had a system of sorts with the previous issue (infinite loop). How would you design the system so it could detect that issue.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you spent an excruciating amount of time debugging, only to find the error to be something minimal, or a single line. (Doesn't have to be coding)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

One in person interview. Contacted through school recruiting system. About 45 minutes? All questions from CTCI with a San Diego Engineer. Very nice. Talked about resume for a bit and then coding questions after.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It is a 3 stage process. 1)you submit your resume and if selected get a call for interview. 2)Phone call is a technical interview sometimes it can be based on the team that wants to hire you, otherwise it is a general technical interview, mine comprised of critical and logical thinking. 3) in person coding interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. There were two 45 min phone interviews(which were more like an hour). The first interviewer asked coding questions and the second asked about OOP, C/C++ concepts as well as stuff on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of technical telephonic interview, around a week apart. Heard back from the HR after 2 weeks. The coding question was to be completed on a shared screen. The interviewers first went over my past internships and projects and then asked questions specific to their team.

Interview Questions

• Code basic functions of doubly linked list.   Answer Question
    • TCP stack and general questions about TCP/ IP protocol   Answer Question
    • C++ data structures. Advantages and disadvantages of structure padding.   Answer Question