Qualcomm Linux Kernel Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Linux Kernel Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (California City, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I had a technical telephonic interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. I had applied online on their website and got a call in 2 weeks time to schedule for a telephonic interview.

I prepared lotta basic C interview questions and fundamentals of OS. I should have done more preparation regarding some of the projects that I worked on as I was not very confident in the way I explained to him some of the OS fundamentals that was used in some of my relevant projects.

Interview Questions

• Whats is Stack overflow attack??...then he gave me a scenario where there was a open source code at a server and you have your piece of code at that server. You as a client are allowed to invoke a method which takes in a array as a parameter which is not checked for overflow validation. I had to induce a buffer overflow attack and make the method to pass control to my piece of code in the server.   1 Answer
  • When does the control passes from user mode to kernel mode in a Linux System?   1 Answer
  • will you make sure in C to not include a header file which you have already included??   1 Answer
  • Write a shortest string copy function.   3 Answers