Qualcomm Modem Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Modem Test Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Asked basic questions about Wi-Fi, LTE call flow, OS, C and C++ programming questions. Explain CDMA and LTE differences. Describe your projects.Asked about basics of digital communications and probability . Pointers in C and OOPS concepts in C++.

Interview Questions

• Describe LTE call flow. What are differences between LTE and Wi-Fi?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

applied online and took almost 3 weeks before got a mail asking to set up a phone interview. The interviewer called on time and was very friendly and started explaining about the functions and duties of the department.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my resume and projects. Asked about my knowledge on communication basics. Had on questions on modulation techniques, CDMA and other basic networking protocols like OSPF etc. The questions were mostly related to the projects in my resume and most of the time lead to other questions from that topic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview. Then onsite for 6 rounds. The questions were from the resume.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more on the physical layer. LTE and other stuffs   1 Answer

Modem Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

i applied through online and got an reply after 1 month and they scheduled an phone interview . which was easy if u know the basics of the subjects you have taken during your masters

Interview Questions

• questions on z transform, information and communication theory, basic dsp   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview mainly on my resume and onsite interview with a team. I was asked full digital communication question which i studied in my under graduate so couldn't answer much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

After the my technical Phone interview which took almost a month i received an invitation for the on-site interview at San Diego, CA, followed by interview dates available & choice followed by confirmation and procedure for purchasing the airline tickets & hotel reservation. Received Interviewers names 2 days ahead on the scheduled date. I had 7 professionals interviewed me starting with HR and remaining from different departments (Technologies) of modem testing. Received interview schedule & locations of the interviewers from HR. The interview lasted for 7 hrs each 45 minutes & remaining transport (Shuttle Service Available) between building within the Qualcomm campus area & Lunch All the travel expenses taken care by Qualcomm. Overall it was good experience of having multiple interviews and you can also learn a lot. Practice makes man perfect. All the questions were based out of my resume & experience. Make sure you are perfect on the concepts mentioned in your resume.

Interview Questions

• Day to day activities in your previous projects?
      most critical Issues faced and how were they resolved in your previous projects?
      Channel Mapping from R99?
      Initial UE Network acquisition process after power ON?
      Compress mode?
      Handoffs?
      Calculate UARFCN?
      Call Flow?
      RSCP & EcNo?
      How to reduce pilot pollution?
      SNR?
      Power Control?
      How to calculate Pathloss?
      Blind Hanover?
      Reasons for High RSSI alarms on Node B and how to resolve?
      Reasons for Low throughput on UL & DL?
      BLER?
      Tilt Recommendations?
      coverage relations?
      Layer Management Strategy?
      modulation techniques?
      multipath & rake receiver?
      All UE Events like e1a?
      UE Categories?
      idle mode behaviour & channel used?
      paging?
      DRX Cycle?
      how many times UE measurement reports sent to CN
      OFDMA?
      difference between WCDMA & LTE?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I am posting list of questions i faced in the interview:
    1.Binary search
    2.swap two numbers without temp
    3.uplink lte
    4.cyclic prefix
    5.peak to average power ratio
    6.handover techniques
     7.some things in the resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Process was very easy, got a call answered few questions on C. One should know wireless communication very well.