Qualcomm Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited for an informal interview with the QCSS team at Qualcomm to determine if I might be a good fit for a possible opening. The first portion of the interview was with current program managers, followed by one-on-one time with the Director of Program Management. In both cases, they were very comfortable discussing the job and answering all my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing you enjoy the most about your current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with HR followed by another with the hiring manager. Onsite Interview was with about six people aside from HR from many different areas that I would work with. Each spent about thirty minutes with me.

Interview Questions

• What is the menaing of a triple constraint and can you describe a situation where one was being challenged and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe how CDMA works.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview to vet my experience and fit for the opportunity. Then face to face with 6 people ranging from Sr Dir to Staff member. The questions at times were not fair so I couldn't provide an adequate answer as it was too much disclosure. Therefore, I was never fully comfortable with the situation. The hiring mgr was hasty in our discussion as well so...

Interview Questions

• What were productivity metrics and how did that measure to your goals?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

No phone screening. Was asked to fly to onsite.
    5 rounds of f2f interviews
    General Project and Program Management.
    Many questions on the projects handled and detail oriented.

The person who was supposed to take the HR round left office early. I was told that the HR round will happen over phone.

Despite several follow-ups no response. Did not get even get a 'regret' mail.
    I assumed I was not selected.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with Qualcomm, 13 interviews (including 12 onsite interviews) for the Program Manager position.

Takes from the interviewers and process :

1. All interviewers and the receptionist seemed to carry too much pride and look down on others.
    2. Starting with effectiveness of the interview, most of the questions asked during the 13 interviews were a repetition. I spend about 80% of 15-16 hrs answering the same questions to different people. Talk about time efficiency !!! They could have easily arranged a panel interview to improve efficiency !
    3. Learning from the authorized and from talking to QCOM people after, the Program Manager role in Qualcomm is not expected or authorized to manage or drive the program. The program manager works as an assistant to the engineering organization, assisting them and taking care of all the paperwork. He/She is expected to do all the secretarial work, setup meetings per engineering leads instruction, assist tasks, taking meeting minutes, etc. How demeaning and humiliating can that be for a person walking in with more than a decade industry experience !!!!!

Interview Questions

• All questions could be easily answered. Were case studies based on their day to day challenges.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

Interview

Introduced into hiring manager from an acquaintance. Got a call from San Diego HR to book an interview just over 3 months later (saw that particular job posted on Qualcomm's career site the same week I was called). Had a 2 hour interview. Most of it was with the hiring manager, though others dropped in for portions: technical team lead, site GM, technical managers. The director of the group was away so another director came in for some questions.

Contacted by HR via email saying they wanted to make an offer about 3 days later. Talked to the HR lady over the terms. Package was prepared and sent via email 6 days after that.

Once intent to make offer was given, they did ask for 2 references and they did email them to provide comments. I chose 2 previous supervisors.

The hiring process, once past the interview, heavily uses an online system. You even set up an account for yourself. Can download offer letter and upload scan of signed acceptance.
    Many forms for entry into employment can also be downloaded, filled-in, scanned and uploaded. This saves those 2 hours of filling out forms on the first day: tax form, void check for payroll direct deposit.

The process calls for orientation on the first half day, but the HR person was on vacation the week I started. Desk was ready for me. The laptop and phone were issued and set up before lunch.

Interview Questions

• How would you kick off a new assignment?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for 4 weeks vacation, but they would not budge that everyone starts with 3 weeks, even senior hires. There wasn't much other negotiation. The HR person asked what salary I wanted before making the offer, and didn't haggle. Guess I asked for something in their budget.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Process was very detailed; took me almost full day with the onsite interview process. During the progress I went through 6-7 rounds (including one telephonic and rest onsite face to face) of interview mostly with people of senior levels. It took a little while to get back to me with the feedback.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of going over my job profile, work experience, requirements etc.
    The job position was described in detail along with expectations and brief details on products.
    Interview was conducted by both peers, hiring manager and HR manager.
    Interview was professional

Interview Questions

• How would you balance work and family requirements   2 Answers

Did not match my expectations

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2010.

Interview

had multiple 1:1 interview, each interview took about 45 minutes. the first 15-20 minutes were more they wanted to know what I did. Classical few minutes elevator pitch helped to get discussions started. Then came technical questions and why I want to work for them. the last section of each interview was reserved for my questions.
    not all interviewer were prepared, some just printed out my resume right when I came in. Their internal print-out is very different what the resume I uploaded in their web site and I realized interviewer having trouble navigating through it.
    All in all the more than 10 people which interviewed me treated me respectful. Not the type of technical questioning bombardment till you cannot answer anymore and then telling you that you should know it approach like I have seen with other companies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your company now?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave since you career seems to going Ok?   Answer Question