Qualcomm Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the Software Engineer. After one and half month, I received an email from the HR to schedule for an onsite interview. I was really surprised when I didn't had any hope.

• Round 0: HR asked few questions (generic) about my interests. Also, she told me about the interview process.

• Round 1:
    Intersection of two sorted arrays.

• Round 2:
    ○ Count the number of 1s in an unsigned integer.
    ○ In Place matrix transpose

• Round 3:
    ○ How does main(), functions stored in memory?
    ○ Identifying successful copying from source to target array when target may have some overlapping elements.
    ○ What happens when a packet is lost in TCP

• Round 4:
    ○ Diversity techniques? Why it's needed? What happens in multi-path?
    ○ Inter-Symbol Interference analysis in frequency domain
    ○ C Questions:
        § Static int a=5;
        § int a=5; what is the difference between two? Where do two stored?

• Round 5:
    ○ What happens when a low priority task holding a lock is preempted by a high priority task?
    ○ Some more questions which I don’t remember now!

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were unclear, which showed me that they were not at all interested in conducting proper interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Got a call from the a member of QCT to schedule the interview for the next morning. Expecting a HR interview, I didn't prepare for it. Had a one hour technical interview with topics from C,C++, RTOS and Embedded systems. Simple, basic questions. Similar to previously posted questions here.

Interview Questions

• Finding a sub string in a string. I gave a correct answer with poor time complexity. He asked me to implement it with lesser time complexity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

One phone screen.

Then 4 one on one interviews, on-site.

Phone screen involved one online algorithm problem.

For onsite: one difficult problem (taken from leetcode), the rest was average. I did decently. However, half the team didn't seem all that interested. 2 out of the 4 were working or distracted with other stuff on their machines. They were friendly, but just not all that interested from the get-go. Almost as if I was a nuisance for showing up for the interviews. The other 2 actually seemed somewhat interested or at least tried to seem it, for various extents anyway.

Was told they take 2 weeks to reach a final decision.

Turns out that is a lie. It's been well over 2 weeks. Nothing.

Never got a final response back, even after repeatedly emailing/calling. They were responsive and friendly throughout the process, but I guess after that they just drop the ball and don't care unless they have a definitive offer for you.

I'm not sure what that says about the company: either it's disorganized with tons of bureaucracy or people just don't care and are just showing up to get paid (which is understandable, but that doesn't help potential new employees).

Overall waste of time and disappointing. They do pay for the hotel and other expenses, but the overall experience leaves a lot to be desired, in all honesty.

The campus is big, the majority of employees seem to be from India, but you do see other Asians and white folk etc. Also, teams seem to work with their Indian counterparts in India (i guess they save money that way). I'm mixed race, so maybe I'm not a culture fit or something.

Basically: only apply if you're desperate and are looking for anything

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Technical interview: they asked to write on paper some code, implement some function/method to do simple signal manipulation.
    Some background question and behavioural question for testing your soft skill.
    The all process is keeping you in the same room for some hours and they send you the next interviewer with special focus in a certain area.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process included a written test that included aptitude based questions. After the written round, there were 2 technical and 1 HR round. Technical round was centered around operating systems concepts and C basics. Simple algorithms questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• How do virtual tables function, what are pure virtual functions. Questions related to pointers, Dynammic programming, how do you perform locking in OS.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

1st round - online test
    4th - hr1st round - online test
    4th - hr
    1st round - online test
    4th - hr

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Coimbatore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Qualcomm experience
    The recruitment process consisted of 4 rounds.
    Round 1: (Online MCQ Test)
        The test had 3 sections – Aptitude, Technical and the last section was respective of the course (CSE, ECE and EEE). Each section had 20 questions carrying 1 mark for correct answers and 0.25 negative marking for wrong answers. Time allotted was 90 minutes.
    Aptitude was easy – average with questions providing details about a situation and answering questions based on it. Technical section consisted of questions from OOPS concepts, Data Structures, Operating Systems and 2-3 questions about the logical gates. Third section (CSE) consisted of Input /Output questions from C, C++ and questions asking about the properties of certain concepts.
    I was able to attend on an average of 13 questions from each section. They selected 75 people for the next round from about 500 people.
    Round 2: (Technical Interview – 1)
        The guy who interviewed me was cool and friendly (He offered me banana chips). I handed him my resume and he was slightly impressed with the number of projects I had done (5). I had provided Play Store links for the android apps and so he was able to see my projects.
    He asked me to explain about the project which I did for around 10 minutes and I even asked for some suggestions from him about the project which made him be more interested in me and my projects. He asked me to explain what machine learning is and I explained it along with my project.
    He asked me if I knew about wireless networks for which I said no and he was like “cool, no problem”. I guess he was expecting a genuine answer rather than blabbering something. Then he asked me why do we need different data structures and I said data needs to be stored differently for different applications (Ex Stack for displaying messages, Queue for printers).
    So this round went smooth for me with questions only from my resume.
    Round 3: (Technical Interview – 2)
        This round had 2 interviewers, thank god I had 2 copies of my resume. They were happy that I gave each of them a resume. They said we know about your resume tell us what you know in the core subjects. I said Data structures. They asked me what the worst case search time complexity of BST was. I said it will be less than the number of elements in the tree. The interviewer was like, “what about a right skewed tree?” I said by rotating it we can reduce the number of searches. He asked me to prove it. So I made some rotations and showed him the tree diagram, he was satisfied.
    He then started asking questions from Operating Systems. He started off with what is the difference between process and threads, why should we create threads instead of new processes, what is deadlock, how do you solve deadlock, difference between mutex and semaphore. All these questions were asked from my answers. After few questions he was satisfied.
    Then the other guy asked me to write a program on, 2 numbers namely X and Y are given. Find the X to the power of Y. I wrote using for loop. He asked me to simplify it. I thought for a while and said we can use dynamic programming and store the values of the previous powers and use it when needed. He was satisfied.
    He then asked me if I knew what variable arguments was and how will make use of it. I said we can use Ellipse (…) operator. He asked me to write a prototype. I said I know it only theoretically but I will try. He asked me how you will access these variable arguments. I thought for a while and offered some solutions. He was not satisfied with it. So I said I don’t have much idea and the interview was done. 25 out of 75 people were selected for the next round.
    Round 4: (HR round)
        The HR was very friendly. I was the last person to attend the interview. She asked why I chose engineering, what inspires me, why should I hire you and some questions about my family. She then asked for my work location preference and I said Bangalore with a reason. She was satisfied. Finally only 2 people were rejected.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

on campus drive.
    worst interview experience in my life.They told that have 3 rounds(2 TR,1 HR) but conducted 3 HR rounds.I never saw or heard about a company recruiting people for developer by conducting 3 hr round.
    They were asking same questions 3 round.I don't know why they conducted 3 rounds.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and supported throughout even if i didn't know something. Thinking aloud is encouraged. Some of the questions were based on linked list. Majority of questions were asked to check the overall thinking of the person.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were there to check general computer knowledge like booting process of computer & mobile.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2018.

Interview

3 rounds : 2 technical and 1 HR.It was a long wait. They forgot calling me in and later asked a few simple questions for namesake. The number of rounds varied with people but only the ones who went through all the 3 rounds got selected.

Interview Questions

• Program for prime numbers generation. I was quite shocked when they asked that. A few puzzles from geeks for geeks. 1 database designing question.   Answer Question