Qualcomm Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

One Morning Quallcomm HR emailed stating they have a internship requirement for Spring 2013. Then scheduled 2 back to back phone interviews. Each of the phone interviews were 1 hour each. Both the interviewers asked a lot about resume, memory management in C, dynamic allocation, static keyword. Bits and Bytes.

Interview Questions

• Conversion from String to Integer, Fibonacci Series, No of bits set in a number., How to find if a number is power of 2, 4 ,8...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview

Had a short on-campus interview, about 40 minutes long. First question was a simple introduction and then it went into two technical questions. The first was about a string copy in C and the other was about an insert for BST.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part I guess was coding on a whiteboard, lots of pressure! Just practice coding on paper/whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was offered an interview on campus. It was just one round. I talked to a software engineer for about an hour discussing some general technical knowledge questions that ranged from object-oriented design to operating systems to reading code and understanding what it does. I also had a question showing me some variations of how to implement a method and I was supposed to describe an issue with each solution.

About a week later I got a call with an offer. Everyone I talked to was really friendly. They seem like a really great group of people to work with.

Interview Questions

• Given a byte, rearrange the bits so that bit0 gets swapped with bit7, bit1 gets swapped with bit6, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Recruiting came to my school and I handed in my resume at an infosession. Was selected for an on-campus interview. The questions were fairly straightforward, nothing unexpected. This a few years ago so I don't remember all of the questions. The only question I remember was how to reverse a linked list. There was also a bit manipulation question.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
    1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
    Technical Questions asked :
    1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
    2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
    3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
    4) What is buffer overflow ?
    5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
    2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
    3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
    4) What is singleton class ?
    5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
    6) Difference between C and Java.
    7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
    8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
    2) Explain Method Overloading
    3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

Interview Questions

• 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )
      2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I met them at an infosession, handed my resume and got an interview two to three weeks after they received my resume. The interview was straightforward. First part behavioral and then followed by technical questions. It lasted half an hour. Very brief I would say. Some people got the internship after their first interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview, and the manager I worked for was the one who phone interviewed and hired me. I had other offer deadlines approaching, so I called him back the next day and asked if the decision could be made quickly. The next morning, I got the call getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Extremely easy interview, asked basic programming concepts such focusing on object oriented design (Describe OOP, what is a class, what is a mutex, etc.).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out, set up 2 phone interviews: first being knowledge-based questions about C, static variables, recursion, stack frame and function calls, efficiency of sort algorithms. Second phone interview was 2 coding questions: first was a strange bit shifting problem involving unsigned ints, second was one I had seen before involving linked lists.

Interview Questions

• Anything asked about C in the first interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Qualcomm came to my university for a Tech Talk. I had been in contact with their HR department since last year when they came for the previous tech talk. Since I was "coming back" I was grilled on "why Qualcomm?" They asked me a lot of questions about my background and interests. The main HR guy spent a while explaining how the opportunities in the lab I want to work in are very limited (that is: it's a small lab that's very hard to get into).

That afternoon I got an email from their interview coordinator setting up an interview for later that week. Thursday morning I met with an engineer from the division I was interested in down in San Diego. We talked for a while about his work, about Qualcomm in general, about my background and interests, and then he went ahead with the technical questions. When I got home I created an account on their website and applied for the positions that interested me. Then I sent a follow-up email expressing my excitement about the lab, thanking the HR person for her time, and asking about next steps.

During the interview, he asked me to write several simple algorithms: reverse a string, copy a string, and count the number of "on" bits in a binary number. He also asked me about running times of these algorithms, and then asked about my favorite data structures. He wanted to know why certain types of trees were better than other trees - mostly highish-level conceptual stuff, not details of implementation.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite data-structure? Why would you use that data-structure over another one, and when would it be an inefficient choice?   Answer Question
    • Write a method that copies a string, and one that reverses a string. What is the running time of this algorithm?   Answer Question
    • Write a method to count the "on" bits in a binary number. What is the running time of this algorithm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

One interview on campus led to a full summer internship. I don't really know what else to say besides know your data structures and be able to write some decent code. I have since been offered a full-time position which I am going to take because this seems like a good company with a very good position in the market right now.

Interview Questions

• Comp architecture questions, like how does a multiprocessor computer work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was competitive so no need to negotiate. I really liked the company.