Qualcomm Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Test Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

It was a phone interview for about 45 minutes. The position was on software testing. The questions included sliding window protocol in TCP/IP, congestion control, how to access a file in unix, definition of database schema, diff between white box and black box, what is JUnit testing, what is automation testing.

Interview Questions

• In which stage of testing are use cases used.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial contacted by recruiter who setup the telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was very confusing. The interviewer had an accent and it was very difficult to understand the questions and reply back. I was really surprised to get an onsite interview call. The position was in Austin but my onsite interview was in Durham,NC. The team was split between Austin and North Carolina.

I was put in a nice hotel very close to the interview location. The stay and travel arrangements were excellent. Next day morning, the interview started at 9:00am. There were 6 rounds of technical 1:1 interview. The interview was led by director followed by his team members. The transition between the interviews were smooth with one interviewer leading you to another's cubicle. I thought they could have saved a lot of time if they had scheduled the interviews in the same room. The surprise was they had a skype interview setup with 2 Austin team members from Durham.

Coming to the questions:
    1) There were many questions on my experience. What I was doing in my current role? Am I a team player or sole contributor?
    2) white boarding alligned_malloc in C, bit manipulations; write a simple program to identify power of
    3) Questions about test plan, test flow, test procedure and testing harness
    4) OS and kernel concepts. The interviewer buried me with lot of device driver and process management questions. I thought I lost it here.. He asked me about scheduling, process management, file management, daemons, IPC communications, signal handling......
    5) White boarding circular linked list program, multi threading implementation algorithm

End of it, I felt little exhausted and disappointed because I knew I did not crack an important round. You know some rounds are important in an interview.. I felt the OS and kernel concepts round was pretty important and I lost my way in that interview.

At hind sight, I felt it was good because I did not like the co-ordination between the Austin and NC team. The answers provided to questions about team interactions and sync up meetings was not convincing enough. Also, looks like there were missing decision makers in Austin site.

I did not hear back from the recruiter for a week, I called her back and checked to know my result. One thing to note here, it is always better to wait for a result, I have heard from many people that companies keep candidate's waiting if his/her performance is on an edge. If they don't get better candidates to fill the position, they will start considering the borderline cases. Henceforth, I will wait at least 3 weeks after my interview to ask for a response.

Interview Questions

• Linux file & process management, Java Multi threading questions   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview

a phone interview

Interview Questions

• how to calculate CQI for LTE networks; how to create generate matrix for ANY convolutional codes; accent hard to understand   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen - 1 round
    Called in for onsite interview after 2 weeks
    6 technical one-one interviews, each 45 mins, one lunch interview
    1 HR interview at the end

HR is very casual, replied after several follow up (after 2 months)

Interview Questions

• 1. Resume based, past projects
      2. Random variables/Probability questions
      3. Basic LTE/CDMA questions
      4. Wireless Protocols questions
      5. Data Structures Questions - Sorting and Searching
      6. Basic Testing questions, testplan creation criteria, develop test cases based on given scenario
      7. DSP/Image Processing questions (Gamma curves)
      8. Perl scripting - Hash/etc
      9. C questions - reverse a string, etc.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied to qualcomm government or i think they're called qualcomm cybersecurity solutions. The new grad offer was 100k base, 22.5k stock over 3 years, 10k relocation, and 15k signing. Choices were San Diego and Boulder,CO.
    I did an inital phone interview where I was asked general tech questions (no ds&a). Then I had an onsite in San Diego where i met with the hiring manager, then 4 managers or employees. This interview was very behavorial. It seems like python is a must know well for this. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 on python.   Answer Question
    • How would you test a class that checks if given 3 inputs is it a scalene, equalateral, or isolceles.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was very easy interview. First there was phone interview by recruiter and then the manager called for another phone interview
    then they called for a 1-1 interview
    then they called for a 1-1 interview

Interview Questions

• about previous exp, what are adb logs, why u want to work here?
      about some testing scenarios on how to test an elevator.
      about some testing scenarios on how to test an elevator.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

First was the telephone interview. Next onsite interview, was asked questions from my resume, next mix of technical questions and some coding exercises on a white board. The interviewers were very friendly, and help me to get the right answer. The overall experience was very enjoying.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very tough. completed 4 technical, 1 manager and 1 HR round. most of the questions were on WiFi 802.11n and 802.11ac functionalities. And some questions were on L2/L3 protocols like VLAN, ARP , TCP and UDP.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

2 technical followed by hr round. Questions on operating system, c, data structures and projects were asked starting from basic to intermediate level.
    Hr round had general questions like why Qualcomm, will you relocate, etc